bradigor

Pinball Games - Pinball FX, Pinball Arcade, etc

Disaster!

Can't play Pinball FX3 on my pinball computer (the one attached to the vertical monitor with the second monitor as a backboard for artwork and dot-matrix) because it's ancient and the GeForce 8800 GTX doesn't support DirectX 11.

IMG_0589.JPG.f67e1e8f40e15000d0bb003ae6da2012.JPG

I can play a bit because it does run (albeit in horrible landscape mode) on my girlfriend's PC, which is much nicer and more recent than mine. Sadly this greatly limits my play opportunities as, well, it's her computer and she needs to use it.

If anyone has a spare DirectX 11 capable card going cheap, please hit me up ;)

As an aside, is there any chance this thread could be renamed to something more generic like "Pinball games" or similar? Pinball FX2 on XBLA was a long, long time ago, and I think this is the de facto thread for all pinball game discussion really.

Just found out I have about a third of the tables for this on PS4! Will grab the rest bit by bit. Still want the Pinball Arcade tables, but they never seem to be on sale.

I see Ghostbusters is now available on Pinball Arcade (Steam and iOS) but not yet for Stern Pinball.

Possibly a silly question, but is there an on waiting for the Stern version? Will it be prettier?! I’d prefer to have all my tables under one roof / app though (Pinball Arcade)

Stern Pinball on Switch is great.

I’ve bought Farsight’s Pinball Arcade and Stern Pinball on PS4, iOS, PC. and 360.

I have the Switch cartridge and it’s the first Farsighted product that actually works as intended!

Switch Stern Pinball is equivalent to PS4, rather than iOS.

i ummmed and ahhhhhed due to Farsight’s atrocious QA, but all good.

No online leaderboards and no TATE mode, but otherwise all goooood.

As posted in the Steam thread, Steam has is trolling me with a bunch of 75%-80% off vouchers for a few table packs but only for tables that I already own. Presumably down to the rebundling of many of the table into new packs for FX3 that's gone on. They're apparently tradeable so PM if you want any:

80% off Heavy Hitters (Civil War, Venom, Deadpool) - £1.40

80% off Marvel Legends (Captain America, Doctor Strange, Fantastic Four) - £1.40

75% off Medieval (Epic Quest, Camelot) - £1.00

75% off Star Wars Unsung Heroes (Rogue One, Rebels) - £1.25

80% off Marvel Cinematic (Guardians of the Galaxy, Age of Ultron, Ant-Man) - £1.40

Bargains. I was particularly pissed off with the Unsung Heroes one, the Rogue One table used to be standalone before the release of FX3 and so I bought the pack in the Xmas sale (at double this cost) just to pick that table up - already owned the other. And then these vouchers turn up a month later, and I've not even tried the table out yet. Arseholes!

• Upvote 2

Yeah, this is weird.  The only table I own out of all of those is Epic Quest and so the only voucher I have is Medieval.  It does seem an odd way around things but I guess I can pick up the one table for less.

(Or we just wait for the inevitable Humble Bundle where you can get every table for $1.00.)

(And then still never play them.)

Is there an easy way to work out which tables you already have from the previous bundles? This all seems very complicated

14 minutes ago, Halo said:

Is there an easy way to work out which tables you already have from the previous bundles? This all seems very complicated

No, it's a right pain in the arse on that front. I can sort of see why they rebundled them (the store listing was getting a bit large and fractured) and it's obviously good that stuff got pulled in from FX2 for free so looking at it that way I can't begrudge it too much. Baffling that a couple of us seem to have been given vouchers for bundles only where they own either some or all of the tables already though, wonder if it's the same for everyone?

Actually, on that front does anyone have vouchers for any of Balls of Glory, Aliens VS, Bethesda or Universal Classics packs that they don't want? I could actually use those!

in real life Pinball news the HMV in town has Stern's Game of Thrones table. It plays okay but the artwork and sound etc is all weirdly bright and cheery given the source material. 

9_large.jpg?v=1494687924

:lol: 

reminds me of this:

I've been trying to set up FX3 on my Xbox One but only 4 tables got transferred over from FX2 out of thirty-odd. Zen managed to sort me out by providing keys for all the tables I'd previously purchased, but they included ones for the 4 tables that did work as well. As such, I've got a couple of keys to hand out for the following that I presume will work on Xbox One or Windows 10:

Episode V The Empire Strikes Back • The Clone Wars • Boba Fett (3 tables)

• Civil War (1 table)

PM if wanted. 

I have pretty much all the tables for FX2 on the 360 but haven’t bought an Xbox One (or PS4 for that matter) but if/when I do can I transfer all my tables to FX3 for free?

17 minutes ago, stefcha said:

I've been trying to set up FX3 on my Xbox One but only 4 tables got transferred over from FX2 out of thirty-odd. Zen managed to sort me out by providing keys for all the tables I'd previously purchased, but they included ones for the 4 tables that did work as well. As such, I've got a couple of keys to hand out for the following that I presume will work on Xbox One or Windows 10:

• Episode V The Empire Strikes Back • The Clone Wars • Boba Fett (3 tables)

• Civil War (1 table)

PM if wanted. 

Ooooh, PM’d

32 minutes ago, ymaohyd said:

I have pretty much all the tables for FX2 on the 360 but haven’t bought an Xbox One (or PS4 for that matter) but if/when I do can I transfer all my tables to FX3 for free?

Theoretically, yeah. However, for me it just didn't work and I had to get in touch with Zen and show them all my proofs of purchase from https://live.xbox.com/en-GB/download/history. Looking at the forums an awful lot of people have issues with it. It worked a lot better on the Steam version to be honest, once the system was up and running properly everything eventually got picked up from FX2 there. 

I guess I’ll find out when I try. I had tried to google it too and couldn’t really work out if all the tables were actually transferable. Some people seemed to suggest there were tables that don’t exist in FX3.

3 minutes ago, ymaohyd said:

I guess I’ll find out when I try. I had tried to google it too and couldn’t really work out if all the tables were actually transferable. Some people seemed to suggest there were tables that don’t exist in FX3.

The vast majority are transferable, over 60 tables. Some have licensing issues that expired:

South Park Pinball 2 Table Pack
Street Fighter Pinball
Ninja Gaiden Pinball
Plants vs. Zombies Pinball
Ms. Splosion Man Pinball

But also some of the old FX1 imports won't come over, nor any of the Soccer tables if you ever picked one up. Think that's it. Worst thing is they've repackaged tables into new bundles so if you were missing a table you might find it's now in a bundle with others you already have but still have to pay the bundle price for should you want it. 

The Pinball FX3 update for the  Switch has upped the undocked performance to 60fps. 

It plays very nicely now. 

I've not touched Pinball FX2 for ages and appear to have a load of tables on Steam I'd acquired via sales. Is FX3 really demanding? My system is a good five+ years old.

It’s not too bad but it does require a graphics card that supports Direct X 11. You should be fine.

My pinball computer (the one with the dedicated vertical TV) is old enough that it doesn’t do DX11, though, so I’m stuck playing 3 in landscape on my girlfriend’s PC when she’s not using it. 

the pub by the cinema has swapped out it's Ghostbusters table for a Batman TDK one. It's good fun, nice and fast with a lot of of satisfying shots. I particularly like stacking the multiballs and smashing shots off the Scarecrow's crane-ball.

Someone should have explained to Stern though that Crane is the Scarecrow's surname, he isn't actually a construction themed supervillian :lol: 

• Upvote 1