IGNORED

Super Meat Boy

The Sarge

• 3 weeks later...

Free chapters now available on 360.

So as of about 5pm PST today 2 totally new chapters have been uploaded to the XBLA version of SMB and you can play them now... FREE OF CHARGE!

Expert Remix and Cramps (nova) have both been uploaded to "The Internets" an Xbla exclusive chapter that acts as a hub for us to upload new level content accessible by users without the whole messy aspect of spending money...

The full list of Internets Chapters is:

Expert Remix (by Team Meat)

Character: Meat Boy

Difficulty: Very Hard

Levels: 20

This level pack remixes and raises the difficulty of the top 20 best levels in the game (picked by the fans and myself)

Cramps (by NovaSilisko)

Character: Meat Boy

Difficulty: Medium

Levels: 20

Our 1st user made chapter upload. a very well designed chapter that should be easy enough for those of you just starting out but still quite enjoyable for the masochists out there.

http://supermeatboy.com/80/New_Chapters_added_/#b

:)

• 1 month later...

SM World - "Days Away" from release.

The Steam edition of delightfully cruel indie platformer Super Meat Boy is soon to receive its long-awaited level editor and an online portal for user-created levels named Super Meat World.

Developer Team Meat explained over a series of Twitter messages that Super Meat World is "an automated level portal where you can play single levels people upload as well as full chapters we feature." User-created levels will have "difficulty and fun factor ratings to weed out the crap."

Super Meat World will launch with over 200 levels and at least five chapters, as well as the option to play a randomly-generated chapter of highly-rated user levels.

Team Meat noted that Super Meat World will launch "very soon," and may be "days away even."

Unfortunately, "for now" Super Meat World will only be available to owners of the Steam edition. Asked whether Direct2Drive customers would receive it, Team Meat replied, "probably not for a while (or at least not till they pay us)."

The developer also says that development on the Mac edition of Super Meat Boy will begin "after Super Meat World is 100% functional." The Mac port will be a Steamplay title, meaning all who own the PC edition on Steam will receive it automatically.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/67954/super-meat-boy-entering-super

40 new levels coming to Live Arcade, mid April.

Super Meat World is exclusive to Steam, but xbla users will be getting a 40 level (2 chapter) update in a few weeks

http://vghq.net/2011/03/30/super-meat-boy-xbla-version-getting-40-level-update-soon/

:)

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Have been making slow progress on this since it came out on XBLA, or shortly after, the first sale I think. Finally on the last level before final boss, been trying to do it for about 5-6 hours this weekend, screaming in frustration. Can almost do bit up till key smooth as butter, then screw it. Or screw it early.

Had to turn it off for sanities sake.

Despite having it half-finished on XBLA, I started it again on PC the other day. Brilliant game, although I had so much trouble getting through the first Glitch level that I'll probably also question my sanity pretty soon. Or put the joypad through the monitor.

• 5 weeks later...

Did you finish the dark world, or just the normal levels? I can't remember where I was on this - the only thing I remember is that the last time I played I noticed I'd lost a crap load of progress to the save bug :(

I really should have another stab at getting through the dark world levels.

The dark world is just sadistic! I have completed a handful of the levels. Still got loads of bandages and a few warps left too. Oh and all the levels to A+. Done a handful of bandage girls level after I completed it, but feel like I've had enough to last me for a good while. It's a game I shall dip into every once so often now to do all that stuff.

• 4 years later...

Bought this on Vita the other day and while it does indeed play as well on the machine as you'd hope, the music they've had to replace the original tunes with is absolutely fucking abysmal. Really horrible stuff, maybe it's down to overfamiliarity with the old music but this just proper grates. It's like it's trying to be similar-ish but failing on every level. Had to turn it right down, at least there's the option.

To be fair it'll probably be fine when I'm beyond anything I can remember, which is pretty much everything after The Forest.

18 minutes ago, stefcha said:

Bought this on Vita the other day and while it does indeed play as well on the machine as you'd hope, the music they've had to replace the original tunes with is absolutely fucking abysmal.

I agree completely. I had it on the 360 and loved the game and whilst at the time I didn't give the music much thought (though it did fit it well) when it came to the PS4 the first thing that struck me was how ill suited the new music was.

Just found this that lightened my lunchtime somewhat:

:).

16 minutes ago, Wroth said:

Why did they change the music?

The composer wrote a blog post about it.

http://dannybstyle.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/regarding-my-super-meat-boy-soundtrack.html?m=1

"I own all the rights to my music, and Team Meat approached me to license the music for the PS4 and Vita versions. I didn't feel like the license fee and exposure through PSN they offered was enough to make me seriously consider accepting the deal. I decided to decline their offer. I wish them and the new artists the best of luck with the game."

Yeah, basically they didn't offer enough money for him to do no more work than he already had (in fairness presumably at an initial low cost, given the nature of the game), so he told them to get fucked. On one hand I can see his point, and on the other he came across like a complete twat regardless. The game is worse for the change, that's for sure.

He comes across like someone who wants to get proportionately paid for work he owns. A freelance artist who's standing up for his own worth against a couple of guys who (conservatively guessing) made several million dollars.

He's a ballsy guy.

Not to mention that they clearly chose the cheaper option in the first place which makes this scenario entirely expected.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought i would do a bit of a stream yesterday on Super Meat Boy on the Switch.

Haven't played it since my pc/xbox 360 days so was pretty happy i finished the first four worlds (excluding most of the dark side stuff - i never got this far before!).

I know the music is changed but i didn't really seem to have a problem with it (and others enjoyed it). I think i shall have to check the original OST out.

4-14 can go do one though..