2012 London Olympics

djbhammer

Super excited, going to walk past the countdown clock one last time this morning.

London was buzzing last night: loads of happy visitors taking pictures, street restaurants full, great atmosphere with St Martins church bells pealing out against the sound of the chopper following the torch. Olympia-mania as Boris said :)

That Boris video is a bit Triumph of the Will for me, the Olympic flame, the cheering crowds, the shouting for victory over France. Or if not Leni Riefenstahl, then at least that one where Norman Wisdom is mistaken for a Nazi general.

That Boris video is a bit Triumph of the Will for me, the Olympic flame, the cheering crowds, the shouting for victory over France. Or if not Leni Riefenstahl, then at least that one where Norman Wisdom is mistaken for a Nazi general.

Don't forget shouting for victory over Australia and Germany. Good to see them both mentioned in the same sentence; though it's sort of a shame he didn't include South Africa as well.

Old Royal Naval College currently full of metal barriers and people in purple wondering around confused.

Oh, and this is the 25sqm screen. Big Screen my arse. I've shat bigger.

oPjwm.jpg

My wife said the screen in Woolwich looked good. Do you know what the Blackheath screen is like?

South Korea manage to break two world records in the first round of the archery, now there's a country that takes target sports seriously! :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19013793

"Dong-hyun, who won team golds at the past two Games, broke his own 72-arrow mark of 696 by three points.

Then, alongside Kim Bubmin and Oh Jin-hyek, he helped score a 216-arrow total of 2,087, passing the world record by 18 points."

Or Sir Elton John, walking on his hands with the torch firmly inserted in his anus.

I think with archery, they should give the competitors a length of ash and some string and let them have an hour to make their own bows, then have them competing.

Modern bows seem overly technical.

I agree, I've been reading some local archery sites to see if I can get a couple of tryouts or something, and apparently there's still the traditional longbow and barebow shooting opposed to these laser guided WMD bows. I much prefer that over those technical gizmos with visors and stabilisers and whatnot.