2012 London Olympics

djbhammer

Will you be able to buy tickets to the park even if you have no tickets to watch an event? I'd like to go and just soak up a bit of the atmosphere. Maybe watch on a big screen if they have one. But there don't seem to be tickets for that?

Why do people expect the opening ceremony to be a shambles? Is it years of watching Eurovision making people assume that's the best we can do?

Why do people expect the opening ceremony to be a shambles? Is it years of watching Eurovision making people assume that's the best we can do?

I hope the opening ceremony starts with the members of Diversity trooping out onto into the arena wearing olympic tracksuits, smiling and waving at the worldwide audience. They are then executed by firing squad one-by-one as martial music plays and Boris looks on somberly.

Did you see the Euro 96 Opening Ceremony? The man in the rubber dragon suit haunts my dreams. Or Beijing, with the bus and Beckham and Boris wasn't so good. It paled in comparison to the Chinese shock, awe, and CGI. Or Helen Sharman the astronaut falling over and putting the flame out at the student games.

But the early buzz is good, so barring unexpected disasters, like accidentally roasting doves of peace in the Olympic flame or Beckham doing a Diana Ross, we should be good.

Will you be able to buy tickets to the park even if you have no tickets to watch an event? I'd like to go and just soak up a bit of the atmosphere. Maybe watch on a big screen if they have one. But there don't seem to be tickets for that?

All sold out.

Ooh, watched the end of the USA's 4-2 over France, had a look at the BBC website coverage and Brazil immediately scored with an early free kick against Cameroon. Somewhere in the middle of all that Japan also beat Cameron 2-1.

This is going to be a damn good fortnight and the BBC are making the most of that licence fee money with this one already.

I hope it's just a close up of Danny Boyle's pangranised face for a couple of hours, before cutting to James Franco cutting his own arm off with a penknife, live, on stage, as it's performed

I just Googled pangranised and the first 2 hits were this forum.

Apparently North Korea have thrown a mardy and are refusing to start their game... over a dispute with their flag (source).

they showed the wrong flag! What if they showed the george cross for a scottish game? They would fucking FLIP OUT

http://p.twimg.com/Ayq5yXACEAAtskp.jpg

FFS how do you fucking add an image these days?

http://p.twimg.com/Ayq5yXACEAAtskp.jpg

[img=image.jpg]

IMG tags (enclosed in the [])

they showed the wrong flag! What if they showed the george cross for a scottish game? They would fucking FLIP OUT

Indeed. This is basic fucking stuff. Idiots.

Considering the fact that North and South Korea have been at a state of war for over half a century, the faux pas is really bad. More like introducing the American team as the Al Qaeda team, or throwing up a swastika instead of the Israeli flag.

Had a good afternoon/evening in Cardiff today. GB game was entertaining although they should have won by more - good free kick.

Brazil game was all over after 10 minutes with an even better free kick. Was hoping Cameroon would at least get a goal as their were a few Cameroon fans around us who looked like they'd go crazy if they scored.

All nicely organised, weather was tidy, prices inside the ground were steep, but opted not to drink £4.60 beer and just had tap water - wish I had two weeks off and tickets for everything now - looking forward to next Wednesday.

I'd like to know this too?