2012 London Olympics

djbhammer

post-1249-0-06944500-1337685533.jpg

He looks like he's riding a unicycle in the above picture :)

My Olympic tickets should be arriving in the post soon, have tickets for the Basketball, Handball, and Football at Wembley Stadium.

Thinking of purchasing a cheap-ass mountain bike of somebody on ebay in London closer to the time, and locking the thing up at Euston for a few days use.

He looks like he's riding a unicycle in the above picture :)

My Olympic tickets should be arriving in the post soon, have tickets for the Basketball, Handball, and Football at Wembley Stadium.

Thinking of purchasing a cheap-ass mountain bike of somebody on ebay in London closer to the time, and locking the thing up at Euston for a few days use.

Just sign-up to the Hire Bike system (£42 a year or so), or pay-as-you-go when you get here.

Ah, but there are useable bikes on there from as little as 30 quid.

we're talking proper I dont care if it gets robbed stuff here.

seeing as i'll be down from Tuesday to Saturday it'll pay for itself.

The underground will be too busy, and more importantly too bloody hot :)

Eh? Just pay the quid a day for the Boris bike.

I dont wish to derail the thread, so heres what i'll do Ben i'll check out the Boris bike conditions and if you have to lay out a deposit etc.. if not i may well go with it.

ta ;)

EDIT: Just watched the video for it, and i see useage conditions are slightly different from the French version of the scheme!

so may just do some casual biking thanks Ben

The most carefully policed Brand Exclusion Zone will be around the Olympic Park, and extend up to 1km beyond its perimeter, for up to 35 days. Within this area, officially called an Advertising and Street Trade Restrictions venue restriction zone, no advertising for brands designated as competing with those of the official Olympic sponsors will be allowed. (Originally, as detailed here, only official sponsors were allowed to advertise, but leftover sites are now available). This will be supported by preventing spectators from wearing clothing prominently displaying competing brands, or from entering the exclusion zone with unofficial snack and beverage choices. Within the Zone, the world's biggest McDonald's will be the only branded food outlet, and Visa will be the only payment card accepted.

So there's a fucking DRESS CODE, you can only eat McDonald's and pay by Visa? Wow, that's quite a treat.

Yeah it's been in the news here a few times. Unlike a most of the venues, Cardiff's Millennium Stadium is slap bang in the middle of a city. So local shopkeepers/restauranters have been told that they're not allowed to have sandwich boards...etc out on display as normal.

Also watching the coverage, I'm enjoying the Beeb and the other channels studiously avoiding mentioning the history of the torch tour tradition as it was started by vdxi2.gif and pals.

So local shopkeepers/restauranters have been told that they're not allowed to have sandwich boards...etc out on display as normal.

How is that legal? Are these shops and restaurants getting paid for removing advertising?

Dunno if this has been posted, but on Radio 4 the other night they were talking about how the Ricoh Arena, i.e. Coventry's ground, which will be holding some events (presumably football) will not be called the Ricoh arena during the olympics, as Ricoh have not paid to be a sponsor.

they should have all the athletes on Morgan Spurlock style maccies diets. I'd definitely watch more events where the competitors are shambling around chundering and hallucinating.

Any athletes that look to beat our finest by sneaking out and eating fruit and veg can be swiftly dealt with by the missiles arranged around the arena. Boom, that's a better script than that 2012 show.