RS3

playing for years

Alright all.

I know a lot of you have probably played this game to death since you've had it a while. I also know that a lot of you have moved onto PGR2. This thread is for those of us who still love the killin :wub:

Just post meets and the ususal.

I'm gonna be online tonight from around 7 onwards. (i need all the practice i can get :P )

Feel free to join me.

Cheers :::...

I'll be on if I can tear myself away from Broken Sword II ... but some killing surely breaks up the puzzling nicely.

- Those whiny kids yesterday, were they friends of yours? They really pissed me off with their squeeky voices and their bitching. I didn't even know I wasn't supposed to use grenades, and they all started getting hostile on me. :wub: I don't like 13 year olds to tell me what I can or can't do :P

I picked RS3 up over the weekend, but I haven't had chance to try it out yet, online or otherwise. I'd be up for joining in some Live-related fun, as long as you can tolerate a noob...

No prob, apart from the occasional succesful killing spree I get slaughtered an awful lot myself too.

Although I did really got some nice kills on a terrific 8 on 8 team survival against some strange Yanks yesterday. I found out some sweet camping spots on the Hereford level and popped them off one by one using the thermal vision and smoke grenades.

BTW, apparantly it's possible to get body-armour, but I can't find it in the equip-screen... Do I have to select it from a special slot, do I have to unlock it, do you wear it all the time? Anybody knows?

Body armour? Hmmm. I assumed that u all started with some sort of armour (thats why it takes a few hits to kill ya). I might be wrong.

Dont worry about being a noob BillyBrown. In RS3 every one tends to get slaughtered a lot. Well i do anyway. As with Napole0n, I also get the occasional killing spree. :wub:

Just add my tag and get to the killin.

got this today.

observation one - must stick to 'high accuracy' weapons. anything else makes for a shocking game :rolleyes:

online now.

edit - can someone please tell me how to shoot people in this game? the weapons are heinously inaccurate, even with the more accurate ones you can shoot people right between the eyes from point blank range, 11-12 times without any chance of killing them. that's shit. reprehensible, in fact. I've never been more amazed with anything, ever, than unloading 35 rounds into someone (stationary)'s face with no result. <_<

Alrighty lads. Some nice games last night!

DavidB - Ur one hell of a hard guy to kill mate. :rolleyes: Had a lot of fun trying mind you.

Had a couple of really bad games as well last night. All with trash talking young american punks. Total nightmare.

can someone please tell me how to shoot people in this game? the weapons are heinously inaccurate.....

The weapons are very acurate if you stay still. When moving, however, they lose this. Best bet is not to run around like a nutcase (even if others do). Try and find a number of good positions in each level and keep scanning for ANY movement. The guns will pick someone off from quite a long range, even if you can only see part of them. And remember, short.controlled.bursts. This works for me.........kinda :D

I use either the G3A3, M16, or the one above the M16 (not as powerful but a faster fire rate).

So who's playing tonight then? I need all the practice i can get!!! <_<

got this today.

observation one - must stick to 'high accuracy' weapons. anything else makes for a shocking game :rolleyes:

online now.

edit - can someone please tell me how to shoot people in this game? the weapons are heinously inaccurate, even with the more accurate ones you can shoot people right between the eyes from point blank range, 11-12 times without any chance of killing them. that's shit. reprehensible, in fact. I've never been more amazed with anything, ever, than unloading 35 rounds into someone (stationary)'s face with no result. <_<

As others have said, stand still and crouch. To be succesful you need to be more careful and patient than in Quake or Counter-strike.

And thanks for the game yesterday, you didn't do so bad for your first time. Anyway, Sharpshooter isn't that enjoyable, Team Survival is where it's at. It's much more fun moving in groups, covering each others backs, etc.

got this today.

observation one - must stick to 'high accuracy' weapons. anything else makes for a shocking game  :rolleyes:

online now.

edit - can someone please tell me how to shoot people in this game? the weapons are heinously inaccurate, even with the more accurate ones you can shoot people right between the eyes from point blank range, 11-12 times without any chance of killing them. that's shit. reprehensible, in fact. I've never been more amazed with anything, ever, than unloading 35 rounds into someone (stationary)'s face with no result.  <_<

As others have said, stand still and crouch. To be succesful you need to be more careful and patient than in Quake or Counter-strike.

And thanks for the game yesterday, you didn't do so bad for your first time. Anyway, Sharpshooter isn't that enjoyable, Team Survival is where it's at. It's much more fun moving in groups, covering each others backs, etc.

Terrorist hunt and co-op missions are also great. Co-op is where Rainbow Six really shines.

Playing For Years/Lost Boy: I think I'll also be online tonight, and I hope I'll do better than yesterday! Although I had some nice kills, I got thoroughly slaughtered most of the time. I really have to stop running around so much.

got this today.

observation one - must stick to 'high accuracy' weapons. anything else makes for a shocking game  :rolleyes:

online now.

edit - can someone please tell me how to shoot people in this game? the weapons are heinously inaccurate, even with the more accurate ones you can shoot people right between the eyes from point blank range, 11-12 times without any chance of killing them. that's shit. reprehensible, in fact. I've never been more amazed with anything, ever, than unloading 35 rounds into someone (stationary)'s face with no result.  :D

Terrorist hunt and co-op missions are also great. Co-op is where Rainbow Six really shines.

Playing For Years/Lost Boy: I think I'll also be online tonight, and I hope I'll do better than yesterday! Although I had some nice kills, I got thoroughly slaughtered most of the time. I really have to stop running around so much.

Nice one Nap. U up for a game of co-op? Ill be doing some team survival as usual but i quite fancy killin some terrorist scum. <_<

I might be on a bit later then ususal though.

Good to see there's still plenty of people up for this game. I was a bit afraid that Project Gotham 2 would kill it off. Glad it didn't.

Most people on my friends list seem to be to splitting their time between RS3 and PGR2. Oddly the RTCW die hards seem to have moved on to PGR2 rather than RS3!

Good to see there's still plenty of people up for this game. I was a bit afraid that Project Gotham 2 would kill it off. Glad it didn't.

Most people on my friends list seem to be to splitting their time between RS3 and PGR2. Oddly the RTCW die hards seem to have moved on to PGR2 rather than RS3!

Well, I just hope that after everyone got their fix of the 'new' games, there will be a bit more balanced playing. Right now almost everyone is playing PGR2 (and I have to wait 'til Crimbo, grrr!), but I hope that with a bit of a drought people will come back to the older Live games as well. MotoGP (2) is just as brilliant as it was a year ago, wasn't it?

I'll probably be on as well. PFY: friday it is then to kick some terrorist butt :) We got some pretty good sessions though, as long as I didn't mistake DavidB for a terrorist :lol:

Your rubbish, I think you should just stay at the start and 'protect the spawn point', Ok?

I'll probably be on as well. PFY: friday it is then to kick some terrorist butt :) We got some pretty good sessions though, as long as I didn't mistake DavidB for a terrorist  :lol:

Your rubbish, I think you should just stay at the start and 'protect the spawn point', Ok?

I prefer shooting ... even my own teammates :P

I'll try to aim a bit better though...