IGNORED

Tetris

Cyhwuhx

.::: Tetris DX is a good version. Especially since you can play against other CPU opponents created out of the stats of human players (battling yourself can be very tense). Just a shame it doesn't have the original Tetris BGM.

Exactly! I play this on the odd occasion, it's the only version of Tetris I own. A good version (easier too), but let down by the lack of that track!

.::: Tetris DX is a good version. Especially since you can play against other CPU opponents created out of the stats of human players (battling yourself can be very tense). Just a shame it doesn't have the original Tetris BGM.

You must be thinking of a different version other than DX. It's 1-player only unless you link up with another GameBoy.

.::: Actually in DX you can choose vs. COM and then choose a profile to play against. You have three available player-profiles on the cartridge. I remember it because through this I could even play against my girlfriend even though she was not there. Even now it's all over I still have her Tetris-soul locked into my cartridge!

MWUAHAHAHAHA!

Ehrm.. sorry.

:rolleyes:

Sorry, my apologies. I haven't played it for so long...

You must be thinking of a different version other than DX. It's 1-player only unless you link up with another GameBoy.

.::: Actually in DX you can choose vs. COM and then choose a profile to play against. You have three available player-profiles on the cartridge. I remember it because through this I could even play against my girlfriend even though she was not there. Even now it's all over I still have her Tetris-soul locked into my cartridge!

MWUAHAHAHAHA!

Ehrm.. sorry.

:rolleyes:

Sorry, my apologies. I haven't played it for so long...

.::: Go play it then! You might even battle your old self. <_<

• 9 years later...

I managed to read about 7 posts before opening Facebook and starting to play Tetris through that. It's not great though, and they've added lots of adverts since last time I played.

I still play Tetris DX every now and then, although I still can't beat my girlfriend's 1.000.000+ scores...

Years ago, I was living with two friends, one of whom had a GBASP and one who had a copy of Tetris DX. Me and the guy who had Tetris played all the time, hanging on to it until we beat the other's Marathon score and then giving it to the other person. When the guy who owned the GBA moved out, we agreed that we'd carry on deciding on the ownership of it like that. I was unemployed for a month and after playing endlessly I got a score of 1'200'00ish. He's still got that fucking GBA, and I know it's not for lack of trying because he hasn't got any other games for it.

I rarely play now for fear of getting too into it. Bought my Dad an SP with DX for his birthday last year. Went round a few months later when he was away to feed his cat and sat down to have a go on it. Played until the charger light came on, then got up to plug it in and played until I got a 900'000 score which he now can't beat and is annoyed by.

Got I fucking love Tetris.

I do hope they release DX on the Virtual Console. 3DS version was 'ok' (compared to the DS abomination I mean) but my 2 favs still remain to be Tetris DX and The New Tetris on N64. The latter is sheer amaze in replay value outside of even high scoring.

I still play Tetris DX. The bit of the artwork sticker that sticks out of the cartridge port is all worn :lol:

The original GameBoy release has the best music, sure, but it also has that awful difficulty spike where the pieces don't move fast enough to either side to actually play it any more.

My favourite Tetris was on the Wonderswan Colour. Mainly because it had a mode where you had to clear something like 30 lines in as quick a time as possible. I got properly hooked on it. I haven't seen it in any other versions of the game. I haven't been looking however.

I once had a tiny LCD keychain shaped like a Gameboy Pocket that did nothing but play a pretty good version of Tetris. I always regretted lending it to my cousin as she promptly lost it & I've never been able to find another one. :(

EDIT:

Here it is. Apparently it was part of the "Nintendo Mini Classics" range but was pulled because of the whole Tetris Licensing mess, which is why its now rare. Pity, as it was probably the only application of LCD graphics in a game that actually fitted the gameplay & the only one you would still want to play today.

I admit though, I turned the 'music' of that thing off the first chance i got.

I haven't played Tetris in ages, but I imagine if I did I'd be hooked all over again. I know someone who got a version of Tetris for their iPhone, but instead of rotating and placing the blocks manually, you were given three or four options of where and how to place the block. I can't help but think that this takes away some of the haphazard forward planning that makes the original so good, but not everyone's as picky as me. :P

I think I've got the PS minis version somewhere, but I don't know if that's as good as I remember...

Who has the rights to Tetris these days? EA publish the iOS version. I have it on Xbla but I think I've only played it briefly.

The Tetris Company. I think. They licence it out on what seems to be a game-by-game adhoc basis.

Tetris Friends on Facebook was pretty good, not keen at all on the game they replaced it with, Tetris Battle, with its forced 'multiplayer' (which is the kinda fakey asynchronous kind), and IAPs all over the place. Thankfully the old one is still around here: http://www.tetrisfriends.com/

I bought an original Gameboy 'brick' console with the biverted screen mod about a year or so ago, Tetris was the game I played the most on it by far. Still a classic 10/10 game for me. My mother-in-law has Tetris Party on the DS which has a nice time attack mode where you have 3 minutes to get the best score possible. That's about the only other version of Tetris I've enjoyed (though I think it has that shitty infinite spin thing when blocks reach the bottom).