IGNORED

The Alan Partridge Thread

Comrade

On 22/05/2021 at 21:57, Capwn said:

The Chemsex bit. When he's sort of squatting down looking at something on the pavement and they have something else written a bit further down, causing him to awkwardly squat walk a bit towards it :lol:

The alternative - having him stand up, take one step forward, then squat down again - would also have been funny, but probably not as funny as his little crouched shuffle. :D

I liked the ending of the Queen titles segment, where he almost says "Play the Game". Were there any other moments after that when he used awkward phrasings that narrowly missed out on being another Queen title?

Him slipping into a Savile-style "Howz about that" and then catching himself and looking worried.

Also, the part where he's reporting on the chemsex party and then just gets into a discussion on the difficulty of gaining an FM broadcasting extension. :D

I like how last episode’s ending was actually a minor triumph for Alan. I think Coogan said something interesting in that BFI thing recently that while you want to see him suffer when he deserves it, you can’t destroy him. 

So it was nice to see him finish the episode on a high for once. 

Lots of great bits in tonight's episode. :D

Spoiler

Loved the Spitfire segment. The nonagenarian Spitfire pilot having an unusable interview and being cropped out of the frame, "Roger That", "Do you say Bahwie or Bohwie?"

14 hours ago, Commander Jameson said:

Anyone else going to the live show next year?

I’ve got tickets for Liverpool. So pleased I will get to see AP in the flesh. Maybe Sue Cook will make an appearance. 

The latest one was really rather good as well. Part of me wants what comes next to be covering Alan’s life after This Time, a la I’m Alan Partridge.  They could do a lot with the relationship he has with the makeup girl - she’s already got him by the Jaffas!

4 hours ago, Triple A said:

The latest one was really rather good as well. Part of me wants what comes next to be covering Alan’s life after This Time, a la I’m Alan Partridge.  They could do a lot with the relationship he has with the makeup girl - she’s already got him by the Jaffas!

Given it's Tash Demetriou playing that character I hope and slightly suspect this may be the plan.