rllmuk
Comrade

The Alan Partridge Thread

Somehow all I have seen of Partridge (aside from his small parts in The Day Today) is both seasons of I'm Alan Partridge which I loved and Alpha Papa which was pretty good. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't even know there was anything else - any of it worth watching and if so is there a specific order in which I should check it out?

Yes, if you’ve seen IAP then you’ll ease into I, Partridge like a warm bath.

It’s quite ridiculously good.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Has anyone listened to the KMKY radio series? I actually preferred that to the TV show.

Yes. I enjoyed it a lot. I did prefer the TV show though as I love Partridge's facial expressions.

1 hour ago, Paulando said:

Has anyone listened to the KMKY radio series? I actually preferred that to the TV show.

That was my first introduction to him. Had it on cassette and listened to it many times. Didn’t know who Coogan was back then so took a little while getting used to seeing him as the character when the tv show started.

5 hours ago, Haribokart said:

Somehow all I have seen of Partridge (aside from his small parts in The Day Today) is both seasons of I'm Alan Partridge which I loved and Alpha Papa which was pretty good. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't even know there was anything else - any of it worth watching and if so is there a specific order in which I should check it out?

Knowing Me Knowing You With Alan Partridge is on Netflix if you have that. I watched the whole series the other night (having previously only seen a couple if episodes and clips). 

Aye, thought it was great. The jokes might have been a bit overplayed at times (Scottish guest, Simon's Technical issues again, the last part with the cigarettes) but I thought it was hilarious. Loved his smug look when he was correcting the reporter that never agrees with him, his rant about snacks, mumbling about his ex-wife, schoolboy Alan and the vegetarian part.

• Upvote 1

Best episode yet. I think Alan teaching people the best way to beat children is up there with his best moments. 

• Upvote 2

On 06/03/2019 at 11:12, Rain Birds said:

I see that there’s a narrative growing that it’s terrible because the viewing figures dived after the first episode though.

A55CCB47-8598-4388-A6E9-7EA3B134E222.gif.ea6da1d59ae0b4b2ce86eb4cea2b1c6f.gif

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, SqueakyG said:

Alan's report on corporal punishment was amazing, and utterly disturbing.

“Inexperienced teachers would often opt for a one handed stroke with little back lift and a short follow through, but swing analysis from my squash coach reveals this to be both ineffective and inaccurate.” :lol:

• Upvote 4

There is a narrative about of this being a failure because the the entire press hate Coogan (because of the phone hacking stuff) and want to stick the boot in.