rllmuk
Comrade

The Alan Partridge Thread

Brilliant.

'Last time I ended up with a rather bitter drink followed by several teaspoonfuls of coffee-infused sugar sludge'

Was a bit unsure at first but now seeing the point of Tim Key's 'Sidekick Simon'. Find myself watching his little reactions to Alan more than anything else. Was a bit confused when when he just starts looking down at a newspaper for a while, then he suddenly looks up excited when Alan sets up his joke and then down again when Alan steals it. Brilliant.

Am hoping this is just a test to see if the modern world wants more Alan...

Was a bit unsure at first but now seeing the point of Tim Key's 'Sidekick Simon'. Find myself watching his little reactions to Alan more than anything else. Was a bit confused when when he just starts looking down at a newspaper for a while, then he suddenly looks up excited when Alan sets up his joke and then down again when Alan steals it. Brilliant.

Am hoping this is just a test to see if the modern world wants more Alan...

The jingle for Sidekick Simon was good, I also love watching his reactions.

I'm pleasantly surprised by how good this is, feels like I've discovered a new page on the DVD extras menu and it's all good.

I'm loving this new stuff. As Elliot stated, it's like discovering a new page on the DVD. Classic Partridge comedy.

I've been watching some older Coogan stuff recently too, getting back into it all. This scene from Coffee and Cigarettes is one of my favourites.

Loved the first two, thought the third was a little weak though. It seemed more of a collection of ideas than a proper episode, and it really missed Sidekick Simon.

Still though, it's more partridge and although the third didn't really make me laugh as much as the others, I still think Partridge is an amazing character, one i could watch for hours.

"Simply The Best of Norfolk is an original concept devised and executed by Alan Partridge and North Norfolk Digital. It has no affiliation with, similarity to or obligation towards BBC One's 2002 programme 100 Greatest Britons. Thank you."

"Thank you, Alan!"

Best one yet. How many left?

I love how he's slowly gone down hill even in Norfolk, being dropped as a local county radio DJ down to an even more localised DJ. The way he keeps having to correct himself and make sure he puts 'North' in front of Norfolk.

• Upvote 1

It really is the lowest a person can go whilst still technically being an on-air broadcaster. Digital radio, not even real radio. North Norfolk, not even the whole of Norfolk. The only thing lower is hospital radio.

It really is the lowest a person can go whilst still technically being an on-air broadcaster. Digital radio, not even real radio. North Norfolk, not even the whole of Norfolk. The only thing lower is hospital radio.

There's the concept for the next series!

My only complaint, continuity-wise is that he looks a lot younger in this than in the last TV series. Not that it really matters!

"Keep your clubs away from his young.. It's Seal"

Absolutely floored me! Really enjoyed all 3 episodes so far.

Watched the first one just now. This shit never gets old, watching him makes me cringe and cry with laughter. Comic genius.

• Upvote 1

I thought the first one felt like a bit of a rehearsal. Like Coogan was still finding his feet with the character again, but the 2nd one had me in ribbons. So glad these exist