Comrade

The Alan Partridge Thread

Chock full of greatness.

“Then finish off the week with a whole rope of Walls sausages (I like sausages)”

“8 chunky chips, served Jenga style, 20 onion rings...all washed down, with a pint of meat-free Lilt”

“That was good egg”

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, vanronk said:

Tim Key seems incredibly underused in this. The "files not found" thing is lame, especially the second time around

Yeah by heart sank a bit when they started the same boring, over-long digiwall joke again. Also the Scottish interview was one of the weakest bits of Partridge ever.

• Upvote 1

It's hit and miss, but I'm really enjoying it, and to be honest I really didn't like the first episode.  What's changed for me is that after seeing episode 2 you can tell this isn't just a parody of The One Show/Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid, but it's a 6 episode story based sitcom.  

The first episode was just a parody of that kind of show, but with....

the regular host dying before episode 2, then Partridge getting the job in episode 3.....

there's a storyline developing that changes the dynamic of the whole series - it's not just a weak pisstake of that format, it's a sitcom.  I'm not sure how it's going to end, but I'm enjoying it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, vanronk said:

Tim Key seems incredibly underused in this. The "files not found" thing is lame, especially the second time around

The first time was fantastic, "bird it", "bird it", getting almost there and just missing the icon and ending up back on the home screen, Alan's exasperated "CAN'T SWIPE ON THE HOME SCREEN".

You're right though it didn't need to be done again.

42 minutes ago, Paul3704 said:

When he crouched down and you heard his knees crack had me in stitches. Missed most of the rest of that segment through laughing.

Oh hell, that was brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Paul3704 said:

When he crouched down and you heard his knees crack had me in stitches. Missed most of the rest of that segment through laughing.

Me too, his face was perfection 

Absolutely loved this episode, it's just getting better and better!

As the big screen fail scene ends and the camera switches back to Jenny you hear a thudding noise, is that supposed to be an Alan being clumsy gag? It didn't really work imo.

Damn I missed his knees cracking. I nearly soiled myself laughing when he was punching the dummy though, fucking hell! Had to pause it for a good minute or two while I recovered.

33 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Damn I missed his knees cracking. I nearly soiled myself laughing when he was punching the dummy though, fucking hell! Had to pause it for a good minute or two while I recovered.

Go back and find it, his face is fucking gold.

15 hours ago, Pob said:

Lynn had the best line this week:

"It's a seeded batch, you'll never break it down!"

The most Partridge line so far, but Lynn's.

I'm Alan Partridge felt like it took a year to make, whereas my impression of this is that the BBC gave Coogan very limited writing time and twisted his arm with money.

12 hours ago, grounded_dreams said:

Quickly just made this gif of the knee drop, shame I can't work out how to record it with the audio, makes it 100% better.

Alan.gif

The best about that isn’t the knee drop , it’s the sandwich covered tooth 

• Upvote 1

I love it when Partridge develops a nemesis.

Lolly Adefope is great as the next Glen Ponda / Dave Clifton / Edmonds. So much resentment in her eyes, so incredibly smug as she denies him any kind of respect, appreciation or gratification.

Surely she's gonna blow up before the end of the series.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, vanronk said:

To me it also seems like it should be Alan struggling with the tech rather than him, if they’re going to do that joke at all. I’d previously thought he came across as smart but downtrodden, but he just seems like an idiot in this.

24 minutes ago, MrPogo said:

To me it also seems like it should be Alan struggling with the tech rather than him, if they’re going to do that joke at all. I’d previously thought he came across as smart but downtrodden, but he just seems like an idiot in this.

No, I think it’s spot on. Don’t forget Alan’s the total gadget man - wasn’t Simon some history student he met in a pub or something?

Makes sense to me that AP gets SS to work with stuff he’s got no affinity with.

As a compete aside, I saw Tim Key do his stand up poetry gig a couple of years ago, and it was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, ZOK said:

As a compete aside, I saw Tim Key do his stand up poetry gig a couple of years ago, and it was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

I second this, Tim key is amazing live.