Comrade

The Alan Partridge Thread

Coogan’s an odd one. He’s spent so much of his career playing a heightened version of himself or Oartridge that I don’t think even he knows who he is anymore. 

I started reading his autobiography but had to give up as I couldn't stop hearing Partridge. It’s so corny.

5 hours ago, g wings said:

Coogan’s an odd one. He’s spent so much of his career playing a heightened version of himself or Oartridge that I don’t think even he knows who he is anymore. 

I started reading his autobiography but had to give up as I couldn't stop hearing Partridge. It’s so corny.

He was interviewed on the Adam Buxton podcast and mentioned that whilst writing recent Partridge stuff he would say something and the other writers would say let's use it, Coogan would say but that was me talking, the writers would say but that's exactly what Alan would say. So I think even Coogan admits, albeit grudgingly, the borders between him and Partridge are blurred.

The documentary was really good, but I wish they’d had fewer clips of Partridge and more archive stuff, like the workshop tapes and the rehearsal footage. I’d never seen that before, and rather than seeing the IAP clips in full, it would have been nice to see the primordial form of the scene from those tapes.

It was a shame that Chris Morris didn’t contribute, but not a huge surprise either. 

• Upvote 2

it promises the perfect fit for a man whose broadcasting style has been described as ‘equidistant between chitchat and analysis.’

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Comrade said:

It sounds similar to the mental Noel's HQ, which is fantastic.

Reminds me of the 100% Partridge http://www.positivity.world/ - a collection of streaming radio stations from Noel Edmonds. The best is Positively Noel, a 24/7 tirade against Lloyds Bank including a music playlist comprising songs relating to money and lies. Worth it for the "exclusive interview", fake Lloyds ads, and constant demands for former and current Lloyds employees to dish the dirt. If Alan Partridge had the money you could imagine him doing something like this after unfairly (in his eyes) being fined for parking in a disabled spot in Norwich city centre.

• Upvote 6

Wow, I thought you were doing some of that there satire stuff, but it's real. Nothing says positivity like a deeply held grudge.

It's a perfect formula, it's like they were watching those Madley videos and getting ideas. So much material to work with when it comes to morning tv shows;

- Ridiculous features that take advantage of people, Alan there to make inappropriate comments

- Underlying tensions between him the and female host, I'm sure they will have a Piers/Charlotte Hawkins vibe where she is silently screaming for help and he is always talking over her etc

- Alan arguing with viewers calling in

- Alan Undercover dealing with the stories that matter

I just hope any 'celebs' on there are fictional, I can imagine the BBC are tempted to do an 'Extras' and have celebs play extreme versions of themselves.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Capwn said:

It's a perfect formula, it's like they were watching those Madley videos and getting ideas. So much material to work with when it comes to morning tv shows;

- Ridiculous features that take advantage of people, Alan there to make inappropriate comments

- Underlying tensions between him the and female host, I'm sure they will have a Piers/Charlotte Hawkins vibe where she is silently screaming for help and he is always talking over her etc

I just hope any 'celebs' on there are fictional, I can imagine the BBC are tempted to do an 'Extras' and have celebs play extreme versions of themselves.

Tons of scope, basically.

49 minutes ago, Capwn said:

I agree. No real life celebrity could ever be as good as Forbes McAllister for example.

Always been a fan of the Jasper Jones interview on Mid Morning Matters.

Just looked him up online and was surprised to see it was Reece Shearsmith!

alan_partridge_mid_morning_0204.jpg

• Upvote 1

Don't mean to go off topic but chocolate oranges have really fallen off the tracks in recent years haven't they?. They keep getting smaller and more recently they have adopted a sneaky Toblerone like tactic of hollowing sections to fool consumers. They are a mere shadow of what they used to be. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Don't mean to go off topic but chocolate oranges have really fallen off the tracks in recent years haven't they?. They keep getting smaller and more recently they have adopted a sneaky Toblerone like tactic of hollowing sections to fool consumers. They are a mere shadow of what they used to be. 

Shop soiled?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nosejam said:

The segments are definitely thinner. Still an above par confectionery choice.

7 on 10

10 on 10 for the 7 on 10.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Commander Jameson said:

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day.

1TgzHFT.jpg

Don't worry. It's only superficial damage to the box. All the segments are intact.

Did they not have any dark chocolate ones?

What if you don't like milk?

• Upvote 1