IGNORED

The High-Res screenshots thread

BrerLappin

I think you have to use your best judgement and display images that have something to engage the viewer, whether it's 'eye candy' or composition, or preferably both. It's when you lack both that the negs begin.

I thought the Scania pics were fine, all interesting enough in their own right and all quite different from each other. I enjoyed seeing something I'd probably never see otherwise :)

If you don't care about negs you can post anything you want, it's not like you lose anything by doing it. I'm talking from the point of view of the neg-sensitive who don't like seeing them next to their images! I think Boomeh asked why he was being negged, hence my last few posts. I have no problem scrolling through stuff I'm not interested in to find the good shots personally.

Less moaning more screenshots plz

Some Renegade Ops. How the F**K did I not know how amazing this game is before now?

RenegadeOps%202012-07-14%2023-29-48-93.png

One for Morrius ;p

RenegadeOps%202012-07-14%2023-28-43-88.png

Trine2. It's as if you force fed a Unicorn 50 bags of Skittles and aimed its arse at the screen. The colours! Just glorious!

trine2_32bit%202012-07-13%2016-30-03-78.png

trine2_32bit%202012-07-13%2016-38-30-54.png

trine2_32bit%202012-07-13%2016-40-49-84.png

To be fair, your limited by the games camera. Arma 2 does have a lovely ambience in-game but not one thats as easy to capture as the camera options are limited and/or the game doesn't have any Bukoh options so you can't focus a shot unless you add it in PS (bad example, thinking about it...its a sim as such and IIRC does have external cams).

Cheers and yeah it is a tough game to capture from even at the best of times, plus if you're holding a weapon then the UI is constantly on with its huge crosshair of two vertical lines in the middle of the screen so in order to remove them, the "turn your head sideways" key needs to be pressed the whole time - thats why the players body is always at an angle in those shots. And @ Morrius I was kind of trying for one of those naturalistic "In country" photos soldiers snap while on the march. I wasn't really trying to show emphasis or call attention to the clarity of any one specific thing, just the contours of the landscape with the soldiers marching down the middle.

vietnam-soldiers-4.jpg

Like a shitter version of that.

I'll have another crack at it sometime when Ive got the game figured out more for screenshots as it can be incredibly atmospheric at times.

It's because the thread is about eye-candy, not 'look at these boring shots from an ugly game which plays really well. biggrin.png

Well rename this the 'PC eye candy thread' then, instead of the meaningless PC Master Race 'high res screenshots' moniker that's being used now. Because even those rFactor shots are high res, be they ugly or not. It's the thread title that makes no sense whatsoever. Here, another high res shot. But it's from Forza 4 so it has some post effects. But since it's eye candy, I'm sure you will forgive me for posting it.

6189967642_d589e1b4cc_o.png

Forza4_Vette_C6_GS_001.png

I didn't think this was ever a PC vs Console thread - it's just for stunning looking screenshots. The reason mostly it comes from PC games is that the consoles rarely have a decent photo mode in games. If anyone has negged you it's probably not because the shots are from a console game - just merely that the us v them attitude is way off the mark.

I didn't think this was ever a PC vs Console thread - it's just for stunning looking screenshots. The reason mostly it comes from PC games is that the consoles rarely have a decent photo mode in games. If anyone has negged you it's probably not because the shots are from a console game - just merely that the us v them attitude is way off the mark.

Aye, if you look back to page 1, theres a bunch of Halo Reach photos in it too. Console shots are always welcome as long as they look nice. Console games on emulators are even better for posting as you can get them in higher resolutions than the consoles could output

the us v them attitude is way off the mark.

Hang on though. When FM4 was first out, there were a couple of PCMR people who gave me stick for posting FM4 pics in here. "Not a PC game", "not proper screenshots" and "photo mode post processing effects" is what their reasoning was. And now you're accusing me of my 'us vs them' attitude? :rolleyes:

The rFactor shots are representative of the game (given that they are real time frame buffer grabs), the F4 images are not. I bloody wish it looked as good as it does in photo mode.

This thread is all about screenshots of the game you are playing, wether they are ugly or not. As much as I like Forza, the photo mode renders are not screenshots of the game in action.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Forza even has its own dedicated photo thread, why not use that instead of trying to cause friction in what is a pretty easy going thread.

Hang on though. When FM4 was first out, there were a couple of PCMR people who gave me stick for posting FM4 pics in here. "Not a PC game", "not proper screenshots" and "photo mode post processing effects" is what their reasoning was. And now you're accusing me of my 'us vs them' attitude? rolleyes.gif

More like home-made in-game screenshots vs. post-rendered to fuck bullshots. I might as well start posting screenshots of Pixar movies. Note that nobody minds the Halo screenshots, those are all from a console game too!

The rFactor shots are representative of the game (given that they are real time frame buffer grabs), the F4 images are not. I bloody wish it looked as good as it does in photo mode.

This thread is all about screenshots of the game you are playing, wether they are ugly or not. As much as I like Forza, the photo mode renders are not screenshots of the game in action.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Forza even has its own dedicated photo thread, why not use that instead of trying to cause friction in what is a pretty easy going thread.

I rest my case.

Note that nobody minds the Halo screenshots, those are all from a console game too!

The photos from Halo's theatre mode have post effects as well. :facepalm:

Also, the FM4 cars in Autovista are real time renders, with the same post processing effects as the photo mode uses. So the photos do represent real time FM4 graphics. :rolleyes:

The photos from Halo's theatre mode have post effects as well. facepalm.gif

I know, but at least they bear some resemblance to the actual in-game graphics you see on your telly when playing the actual game, as in the actual gameplay bit and not the Autovista. Was my point. I feel like we've been here before.

Can't we all just get along? :D

I rest my case.

So you are here to troll and be an arse, well done. If you have nothing of value to add, please leave the thread alone, or if you honestly want to post Forza photos why not resurrect the titular thread, I'm sure it would get others doing the same. I enjoyed browsing and posting in it way back when, and it was interesting to see what other could counjour up with the various settings.

Edit: well here is the F3 thread, well look who started that....

Post screenshots of whatever you want. If they're shit they'll get negged, if they're good they won't.

Eye candy means nice to look at. Who the fuck wants to scroll through a thread full of 1080p+ images which aren't nice to look at? 'Nice' means engaging in some way. Nice graphics, nice composition, nice action onscreen, nice atmosphere, whatever it is that makes the screenshot worth looking at in the first place.

I couldn't give a monkeys which platform or whether anything was done in post, just don't post dull images. And as usual I'm only talking about 'if you don't want to get negged'. You are perfectly free to post pictures of whatever you like.

(I suspect you're getting negged because of your inflammatory attitude, not because your pics are from Forza 4)

:lol:

Nice pics, Brer. :)

Sorry guys for the trolling (apparently). I just don't like being told what I can and can't post. :(

Post away, just leave the vs. talk at the door. :)

Edit: some pretty sweet DoF there Morrius!

Lol yep. Motion blur I think.

How about we implement some rules guidelines nicked from Neogaf?

2012screenshotthreadtv53n2.png

• Limits: 2 screenshots per post. If you have more than 2, make more posts or use thumbnails. (I don't think we need this one)
  • Naming: Always include the name of the game with the screenshots.
  • Compression: Don't compress your screens or use a host that compresses them (Steam, Imgur). (I don't think we need this one)
  • Emulators: Emulator screens are fine. However, you should list the emulator used.
  • Stretching: Do not post stretched screenshots (4:3 to 16:9 for example).
  • Spoilers: Please do not post spoiler screenshots from recently released games.
  • Thinking: Think before you post. Is the screenshot really worth posting?

So Forza screens are allowed as long as they're posted without an inflammatory attitude and not stretched from 4:3 to 16:9? i can live with that :D

Edit: I almost never post in here because no matter how powerful my rig is and how nice the game itself looks, I'm SHIT at taking screenshots

Yeah, but how much better would it look on PC :(

It already looks amazing, don't get me wrong, but if we could just shave off those edges, sharpen those textures up a bit... a man can dream.

It's not that I think the PC 'deserves' the game, but that the game deserves a PC version, if for nothing else but taking screenshots with!

Yeah, but how much better would it look on PC :(

It already looks amazing, don't get me wrong, but if we could just shave off those edges, sharpen those textures up a bit... a man can dream.

It's the same with running Mario Galaxy through Dolphin or the straightforward ports of the Assassin's Creed games on PC - only rendering them at a high resolution and adding some AA makes them look AMAZING, simply because the art style is already beautiful. The higher resolution, increased detail, and added smoothness only enhances that and makes it even more visible how pretty the game already is. RDR would benefit from a PC version in the same way, maybe even more...

I still can't believe they bothered porting that shitstain of a game LA Noire over, but not RDR. Not only would it look glorious, it has so much goddamn modding potential. It would also be a perfect excuse to replay that wonderful game, and by replaying I mean riding around and hunting animals.