IGNORED

The High-Res screenshots thread

BrerLappin

Nearly but no... its the new Scania Truck driver. I preparing myself for Reiza's truck racing sim sometime this year!

But this is one of the best truck sims out there. I play all that excaliber stuff (the digger and farming sims, etc).

Its mostly junk but this isn't that bad and looks pretty nice.

AC:R with everything on max. 60fps solid.

As far as I'm concerned, the wonderful visuals of this series have always been totally lost on console. And I've played all of them on console apart from this one. I even played AC1

, in all its 15fps tearing-like-a-motherfucker glory. Shudder.

acrsp2012071420085518.png

acrsp2012071418501142.png

acrsp2012071419050177.png

acrsp2012071419332055.png

acrsp2012071419340188.png

acrsp2012071419354883.png

It looks exactly like that. Theres no additional rendering mode at all. You pause the game, take the freecam and pan around.

But what you DO have is the player car more detailed then the AI (not by much - but it'll give you more fps), and no screenshot can give you an idea of gameplay. Plus it does have bukoh on, so the focus is on the car (not that it looks worse).

Hopefully once we get full replay controls you'll be able to see those shots moving around and locked to the player car (although YT compresses video to 8mbit and 30fps).

Some people have added the FXAA injector (with its toning controls) to add more vibrance but i use photoshop for colour/gamma/constras and exposure. These can all be added with injector as well. I'll post some in car later.

IMO, Rfactor 2 plays better (but looks far worse in most screenshots i've done) - the FFB with Rfactor 2 is nothing short of stunning and the physics "feel" better.

Exactly. Its a question of somebodys taste. All the screens on this page are most likely rendered at high detail, uncompressed and at a respectable resolution, but its not like all games are created equal. i'll freely admit that the Unsung mod I was capturing from isnt exactly Crysis and in motion it chunters pretty hard, but I thought it looked well enough for a few quick snaps in its current form.

Folk should be encouraged to do so otherwise you just get the same titles over and over. (no disrespect to the Niki Laudas here :P)

Exactly. Its a question of somebodys taste. All the screens on this page are most likely rendered at high detail, uncompressed and at a respectable resolution, but its not like all games are created equal. i'll freely admit that the Unsung mod I was capturing from isnt exactly Crysis and in motion it chunters pretty hard, but I thought it looked well enough for a few quick snaps in its current form.

Folk should be encouraged to do so otherwise you just get the same titles over and over. (no disrespect to the Niki Laudas here :P)

I possed it cause it was on -2. I like seeing screens from games i wouldnt otherwise have known about, that mod looks interesting for sure. I can only assume it got negged cause the screens are a llfairly similar? lolidunno

So it IS down to taste then, i.e. it's subjective, yes?

I like looking at this thread, and while I don't particularly care for everything that gets posted I admire the effort people put in to presenting these things. I'm not about to passive aggressively scorn the posts I dont like with no input other than negging.

Whats wrong with the odd shot of lorry inbetween the Ferraris and Lamborghinis anyway, If for nothing but simple verity .

I like coming back to this thread for the pretties; I have no preference towards a particular genre or format, or even if it's a 720p Xbox shot rather than a super-hi-res PC shot; it's just nice to see particularly striking or atmospheric images of games. What's wrong with appreciating eye candy now and then? :)

So it IS down to taste then, i.e. it's subjective, yes?

I like looking at this thread, and while I don't particularly care for everything that gets posted I admire the effort people put in to presenting these things. I'm not about to passive aggressively scorn the posts I dont like with no input other than negging.

Whats wrong with the odd shot of lorry inbetween the Ferraris and Lamborghinis anyway, If for nothing but simple verity .

Nothing, but you should try and make the shot interesting so that it stands on its own merit, and preferably be from a game which 'photographs' well. The Arma vietnam shots in particular are drab and look a bit like random jabbing of the capture button rather than being carefully composed.

We all like seeing screenshots of stuff we wouldn't see otherwise, I think people are negging because the shots aren't particularly interesting, not that they don't like the game.

That said, the best shots on these pages are ones from games which aren't massively beautiful but the capturer manages to find the right angle/subject for an interesting or pretty shot. That's true screenshot talent!

As for the negging it's because people don't want to come across as being negative and get negged themselves, like I did for daring to point out that people don't want to see boring shots (apparently people DO want boring shots from ugly games? Lulz). Once again the wonderful neg system stifling conversation :(

I recommend switching to the no-rep skin and living in blissful ignorance.

To be fair, your limited by the games camera. Arma 2 does have a lovely ambience in-game but not one thats as easy to capture as the camera options are limited and/or the game doesn't have any Bukoh options so you can't focus a shot unless you add it in PS (bad example, thinking about it...its a sim as such and IIRC does have external cams).

To be fair, using Scania as an example i guess i did mis-use the thread but IMO the thread is far more interesting if you post little known games that actually look really good - or at least where some effort has been done on behalf of the dev at making the game in respect of other games in its genre. (EG....Trine)

The thread never really specified it had to be eye candy as such. More a case of, look here's a HD screenshot that looks nice.

Whats more, Scania actually features about 30 missions worth of pretty nice scenario's. They've gone to some real effort which i'll have another go at trying to capture later.