GOG.com

I've still got physical copies of the Gold Box games, so life's a little easier for me. I did play a whole bunch of Pools of Radiance a few years ago, and I was still completely absorbed in it.

Just the early Wizardrys to go, and all my old RPG fixes will be catered for.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been asked in the previous 40 odd pages of this thread, but anyone having problems with Syndicate?

Trying to launch it via Galaxy, and a window opens to show a logo, then disappears quickly and nothing else happens thereafter?

Starship Titanic! :omg:

http://www.gog.com/game/starship_titanic

I never played it, but by most accounts, it was an interesting curio with some great ideas, but frustrating even by adventure game standards. But for Douglas Adams fans, it's great to see it available again.

:omg:

Oh my word. I remember my dad bought this as he's a big Douglas Adams fan and my sister and I played it for hours together trying to work it out and laughing along. We loved it.

I'm scared of replaying it because I'm sure it won't live up to my childhood memory of it.

I gave it a bash earlier today. Movement is a little frustrating sometimes but it's good fun. Some of the puzzles are already quite obscure though, and I imagine I'd be a lot more stuck if I didn't have vague memories of playing it when I was younger.

£3.99 if you own System Shock 2 on GOG already. Definitely picking it up, I have both System Shock games on CD but I could never be arsed to go and dig them out, not to mention classic SS1 has a really terrible control scheme by modern standards.

This is another release through Night Dive, who put out System Shock 2 and are doing the two Turok releases.

Just bought it and oh fuck me that`s good. I had this back in the day but the controls were never nice (Like UU) but with the addition of mouselook it`s lovely. Does anyone know if they want to give the Underworld games the same treatment? I`d gleefully murder every single one of you to play those with mouselook.

Obviously I don't know for sure, but Ultima is owned by EA, and the name is still being used on games (Ultima Forever only just shut down last month) so it's not quite the same situation as System Shock whose rights they ended up purchasing from the insurance company that bought Looking Glass' assets.

I think Night Dive wants to acquire the licences for the games they remaster so the option might not be on the table at all unless EA has an interest in allowing them to do the work.

Oh yeah. I know all about the Ultima rights and EA utterly failing to make bank on them. Having the UU games get the same treatment as System Shock just got would have me dripping in excitement :)

I can dream though. I mean the original Ultima games are on GOG. Maybe one day :)

When we got our first Windows PC back in 1994, it came with a CD-ROM of ten EA games including Ultima VII. That was a pretty decent way to be introduced to the franchise.

Of course I no longer have the disc. I'm half tempted to buy another copy for nostalgia's sake, but it's £12 on eBay and I don't need it that badly.

When we got our first Windows PC back in 1994, it came with a CD-ROM of ten EA games including Ultima VII. That was a pretty decent way to be introduced to the franchise.

Of course I no longer have the disc. I'm half tempted to buy another copy for nostalgia's sake, but it's £12 on eBay and I don't need it that badly.

I got Ultima VIII Pagan on a CD, along with Wing Commander 2, Strike Commander and Syndicate Plus when I rejoined Special Reserve one year, there was also a disc with Jungle Strike and a few others, and one full of Gremlin Actua games.