rllmuk
Halo

GOG.com

So tomorrow they are revealing what "legendary" RPG they are giving away for free to anyone how owns The Witcher 2 which I imagine includes most of the people reading this topic regularly, and if you don't own it why the hell not? ;)

Anyone who's a member of GOG and owns The Witcher 2 probably already owns all the legendary RPGs on GOG. THEREFORE I predict it will be a new release, and it will be...

Martian Dreams.

Or Pools of Radiance.

Or Wizardry.

Or Wasteland.

I'm inebriated (thanks spell checker) but still able to tell you all that the 'legendary' RPG they're giving away has nothing to do with the announcement which is 'something special for everyone who owns The Witcher 2'

So to sum up:

- free legendary RPG tomorrow! Since this announcement is from CD Projekt RED specifically I'm guessing The Witcher 1

- on top of that there will be something something for all us Witcher 2 owners

Two exciting things! Oh and some announcement regarding the future of GOG who caaaaaaaares I just want good old games, I already own the good new ones on Steam which is the most awesomest DRM ever love you Gabe

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Could the Witcher 2 thing be the Enhanced Edition that they talked about a while back? They said it'd be free for existing owners and It's due out this month.

It's due out the same day for PC on retail and download as the 360 version of Witcher 2.

I'm inebriated (thanks spell checker) but still able to tell you all that the 'legendary' RPG they're giving away has nothing to do with the announcement which is 'something special for everyone who owns The Witcher 2'

So to sum up:

- free legendary RPG tomorrow! Since this announcement is from CD Projekt RED specifically I'm guessing The Witcher 1

- on top of that there will be something something for all us Witcher 2 owners

Two exciting things! Oh and some announcement regarding the future of GOG who caaaaaaaares I just want good old games, I already own the good new ones on Steam which is the most awesomest DRM ever love you Gabe

I do! Competition is always good, they keep each other in check and it leads to better prices for us, the consumer :D

Could the Witcher 2 thing be the Enhanced Edition that they talked about a while back? They said it'd be free for existing owners and it's due out this month.

It would be slightly disappointing if it turns out to be that, as that has already been announced and detailed aaaaaages ago. That's wouldn't be a surprise or worth announcing again at this point. Don't let me down CD Projekt!

I do! Competition is always good, they keep each other in check and it leads to better prices for us, the consumer :D

Yeah you're right, I was a bit -uhm- overexcited last night.

Just a reminder that the GOG announcement/conference thing is on at 5:00 GMT (6:00 BST) so 40 mins from now for anyone interested.

• Upvote 1

Bleh, stop saying the 360 version looks better than the PC one (The Witcher 2). If that's true then you've done something wrong with the PC version :(

"This is a new quest in act 3, a few hours long. No spoilers don't worry!"

2 minutes later he's said exactly what's going on in the quest, a minor twist and ruined the boss monster of an optional area. Tool.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It's not true, but they're talking it up of course and to be fair it does look really good. Really looking forward to the new content!

Ubisoft sign up for a DRM free service - from a company that's introduced one of the worst DRM in recent years - the mind boggles.

You get Heroes V as well for that $20 though

Only for a week though. Quite a disappointing hour actually, not really sure why I stuck with it.

A little disappointed the free game is Fallout, it's a legendary game for sure but I suspect most people will already own it.

You get Heroes V as well for that $20 though

Only for a week and my reaction was aimed at the fact that 20 dollars is the standard price for these 'premium editons' of newish older games that will likely also pop up regularly during Steam sales for only a quid or two. I love GOG, I really do, but I couldn't care less about the newer games they now want offer and especially not at that premium price. I'll just stick with the good old games they offer and pick up newer games on Steam, that system works wonders for me and I don't have a problem with Steam as a DRM solution. Good on GOG for expanding though, and I hope it works out for them because I do want them to be successful and keep releasing old PC classics.

Both of them are still the best fallout games by far.

Aye, but I wonder how many people who came to the series with the third game are wondering WTF.

Never played Fallout, so I'm looking forward to it.

Just one thing though - is there any way of adjusting it to run in a window rather than fullscreen? Would be splendid if so.

I have that exact same joystick and I found it in a box in the garage the other week along with 2 boxes of games, almost as good was the joystick box also had 2 dozen manuals for my older games.

Today's release: Theme Hospital.

I played so much of that on PSone, then a few years ago got the PC version and it held up pretty well (and is much better than the PS port).

Had to buy both MDKs, Shogo and Giants: Citizen Kabuto. God I love those games...