rllmuk
Chosty

Bohemian Rhapsody - Rami Malek is Freddie Mercury

And he's been fired:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bryan-singer-fired-directing-queen-biopic-set-chaos-1063977

Bryan Singer has been fired from the movie Bohemian Rhapsody, Twentieth Century Fox has told THR.

“Bryan Singer is no longer the director of Bohemian Rhapsody," the studio said in a statement.

The decision reflected a growing clash between Singer and actor Rami Malek and was caused by Singer's being missing from the set, necessitating the Dec. 1 production shut-down of the film in which Malek stars as Freddie Mercury, frontman of the rock group Queen, which has been shooting in London.

I only know of Rami from Mr Robot but I get the sense he is quite creative and wants to be edgy in his performance. It's like part of the production crew want something edgy and risky by getting the likes of Sasha cohen and Rami but then other people want it to be a more traditional dramatic safe biopic. 

Well that article says he only had it while he was the director...

"Singer had a three-year first-look deal with the studio that concluded at the end of October. The deal was not renewed, but he was granted an extension allowing Bad Hat Harry to remain in the offices for the duration of the Rhapsody shoot."

Also says he's caring for a "gravely ill parent"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bryan-singer-claims-fox-refused-allow-him-care-gravely-ill-parent-1064288

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/08/bryan-singer-denies-sexually-assaulting-17-year-old-boy-at-yacht-party-in-2003

Director Bryan Singer has denied sexual assault allegations after being sued for allegedly sexually assaulting a 17-year-old boy. The news comes just days after he was fired from his role as director of the Queen biopic, Bohemian Rhapsody.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Teaser. Proper trailer coming today at 6am PT (2pm UK).

I haven't watched this yet, but based on the thumbnail, my prediction is that this will be text fading in and out on a black screen, set to the We Will Rock You beat.

Let's see if I'm right...

There's something off about the look of the film - looks too pristine, I dunno.

And Malek looks fantastic as Freddie with the sun glasses on but as soon as he's got no specs on I'm taken right out of it - it's the eyes!

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll be maybe half decent and worth a watch as Malek as an actor is great. I'm just not sold on that trailer. Where's the debauchery, for instance? :eyebrows:

3 minutes ago, SeanR said:

looks like the horrible histories version.

Aye I can't put my finger on what it is - it just seems off.

Reminds me of that Paul Potts Britains Got Talent film - trailer had the same colour grading too if I recall - that sort of low budget at heart film trying to look more expensive. I dunno really how to describe it.

12 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Aye I can't put my finger on what it is - it just seems off.

Reminds me of that Paul Potts Britains Got Talent film - trailer had the same colour grading too if I recall - that sort of low budget at heart film trying to look more expensive. I dunno really how to describe it.

the opposite of that eurotone where where blue is pushed up. See The Transporter or The Bank Job.

this looks like that hendrix biopic with andre benjamin