Chosty

Bohemian Rhapsody - Rami Malek is Freddie Mercury

Looks ok,but I can’t quite get my head around Malek’s accent for Freddie, and one of the CGI shots of Live Aid was a bit green screen obvious.

It's getting its world premier at Wembley Arena (because of some famous concert next door that they gigged at) to an audience of 6,500 on 23 October.

I quite like the tone of the latest trailer even tho - whether it’s by trying to compress the entire movie to the length of an advert - you can’t help thinking they’ve basically shown the whole movie, while at the same time making the dialogue feel like a parody sketch, it’s so on the nose it’s actually amazing 

17 minutes ago, Sng said:

Did Freddy Mercury actually sound like that? It sounds like he's doing an impression of Bane.

what do you think now?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, K said:

Did Freddie Mercury actually speak like that? His voice sounds mental in the film.

Yes. It's a good impression, in fairness to Malik.

11 hours ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

The thing that is kinda weird - is the little boy from the original Jurassic Park is John Deacon.

They did a great makeup job there. People talk about the CG, but those practical effects were something else.

On 04/10/2018 at 00:17, Hanzo the Razor said:

I look forward to Benedict Cumberbunch's powerful turn as Noddy Holder.

To be fair, they’ve already made the best Slade movie they’re ever going to make. 

657A33C2-D696-4512-B7DF-DC8176E3BDFB.jpeg.b9bf582d462e79911c5716e75fba0caf.jpeg

• Upvote 3

My mate told me it reminds him of Gangs of New York.

Ultimately rubbish but with one outstanding performance.

I still need to see it for myself to make up my own mind though. 

Yeah looks like it's watered down, which is why Sacha Cohen ran away from it I presume. It must be super frustrating for him seeing these reviews, people complaining that it's all very safe where as I'm convinced Sacha would have been trying to give it the edge something like this needs to stand out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Capwn said:

Yeah looks like it's watered down, which is why Sacha Cohen ran away from it I presume. It must be super frustrating for him seeing these reviews, people complaining that it's all very safe where as I'm convinced Sacha would have been trying to give it the edge something like this needs to stand out.

I'm pretty sure that was the problem. Sasha wanted to get into Freddie's demons, into his excentric side and full on into his sexuality but the band didn't want that. They wanted it to be a celebration of the band and go soft on all that. They originally wanted the film to be about Queen, have Freddie die and then the 2nd half of the film follow the band post Freddie. Imagine how much worse that would be. Queen as a collective are fantastic but Freddie was what made them and the most interest persona of the band. 

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

I'm pretty sure that was the problem. Sasha wanted to get into Freddie's demons, into his excentric side and full on into his sexuality but the band didn't want that. They wanted it to be a celebration of the band and go soft on all that. They originally wanted the film to be about Queen, have Freddie die and then the 2nd half of the film follow the band post Freddie. Imagine how much worse that would be. Queen as a collective are fantastic but Freddie was what made them and the most interest persona of the band. 

He says in this clip how a member of the band said, "it's such a great movie because it's got this great thing that happens in the middle of the movie. Freddie dies. Second half of the movie we see how the band goes on from strength to strength".... 

It sounds like they managed to stop that, but in the meantime really tamed down the story. I guess "Queen + Whoever they think can replace Freddie Mercury" would sell less tickets in America if they knew about the coke fuelled gay orgies.