Chosty

Bohemian Rhapsody - Rami Malek is Freddie Mercury

On 06/09/2017 at 02:03, mansizerooster said:

2C745E0900000578-0-image-a-7_14426201655

It's astonishing to think that this is a picture of one of the biggest and most successful rock stars on the planet.

You get the feeling that if his newsagent ever acted like a Queen fan and asked for an autograph, he'd oblige but never return to the shop.

It's sort of a doomed project isn't it? can't not imagine how special this could have been with Sasha Cohen behind it. I do like that they at least have an 'interesting' actor replacing him but I think Cohen would have really 'controlled' the direction the film took. Which is probably why it didn't work out in the end unfortunately.  I think Rami will do interesting things with his role but can't see him wanting to go too outside the box with what the film actually is.

I don't think it's fair to judge the casting or performance from a few paparazzi shots. In a movie they can be using the magic of editing to to judiciously remove any shots where the star is shown from unflattering angles, keeping only the ones where they most resemble their subject.

I mean, I'm sure it's possible to find behind the scenes shots where Michael Sheen looks nothing like Tony Blair or David Frost or Kenneth Williams or Brian Clough. :mellow:

• Upvote 1

On 10/09/2017 at 13:50, rubberducker said:

isn't Rami about 15 years younger than freddy at this point? he certain looks it.

Just checked - Mercury was 39 at Live Aid. Rami Malek is currently 36!

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 14:11, Nick R said:

I don't think it's fair to judge the casting or performance from a few paparazzi shots. In a movie they can be using the magic of editing to to judiciously remove any shots where the star is shown from unflattering angles, keeping only the ones where they most resemble their subject.

I mean, I'm sure it's possible to find behind the scenes shots where Michael Sheen looks nothing like Tony Blair or David Frost or Kenneth Williams or Brian Clough. :mellow:

Theres a video too

• Upvote 1

On 14/09/2017 at 08:49, SeanR said:

ok, so now bryan singer is playing freddie, and Malek is directing

#queenfilmmerrygoround

21730932_1666382453375012_21283654386047

(period accurate pepsi cups!)

I'll bet Singer is hammering out a rousing rendition of "Getting Away With It" by New Order.

• Upvote 3

Could be in trouble, what with Singer apparently busy looking over his shoulder for some reason

How long until Singer mysteriously drops out and gets replaced?

• Upvote 1

Production has been suspended as Singer has a family health matter. Apparently he hasn’t returned to the production after Thanksgiving.

Oddly it’s claimed similar happened on one of the Xmen movies and Superman Returns.

This also comes on the back of reported clashes between Singer and Malek.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/906793-production-suspended-on-bohemian-rhapsody-due-to-bryan-singer-health-matter