Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

Couple more fails at Sif and decided to call it a day. She can wait.

I then had the very definition of 'an evening playing Dark Souls'

2 hours creeping around Sen's Fortress, killing everything, unraveling it mysteries, dodging it's traps and grabbing it's treasures, only to die mere feet away the second bonfire by those cheap fucking trap arrows.

Back to the start and promptly die to the very first serpent-head prick who comes out of the gate, the same serpent pricks I'd just spent 2 hours killing without issue. 20k souls lost and my sanity hanging by a thread.

Love this game.

yay, I'm at Quelaag. Seems fairly straightforward to kill. Just need to stay away from that fire sword. I can block it but it takes a little damage off still. Reckon I'll have her cleared today.

Always dodge to your left to avoid most if not all of het sword attacks. But yeah, she can be tough, especially as melee. Do know you can summon NPC help who can distract Quelaag.

I've finally started to swap armour about depending on where I am. I ran around in the standard metal stuff initially but got battered as I couldn't move around quick enough. Then I went nekkid for a bit and enjoyed the freedom, till I got to blighttown. Then switched to leather set as that was all I had for poison resistance. I've now got the Pyromancer Robes Set and Crimson Robes set. Currently using the Pyromancer stuff.

Yeah, being able to move and roll around quickly is usually a prerequisite for most boss fights. I did one the other day (undead asylum part 2) completely nekkid as even with the strongest armour set, I was getting one or two-shotted so kind of made no difference what I was wearing. That's definitely a fight that you need to be very nimble for.

RE: Sen's, I actually made a note on the floor when I got to the second bonfire. It simply said 'elation'.

I usually go pyro at the start because grabbing that gear after you get to Blighttown is annoying. When I start a new game I always go straight down there first for a few things and my route doesn't involve the pyro gear because I'm always already wearing it.

Anor Londo is pretty special isn't it? Those views as you come down the stairs from the start area, just stunning. Made pretty good progress, feels a little like a light breather after Sen's. Lots of big wide areas and platforms to take on your foes and nothing troubled me too much yet. Not been up the big stairs yet though. Sign on the ground says 'sorrow awaits' :(

Accidentally went through the painting too...oops

And the biggest feeling of accomplishment ever after enduring that sorrow again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again... Thankfully, the soundtrack in that part is epic, because you'll get to know it intimately

Yeah I think the big stairs Kartoffle is talking about are not the big stairs that these guys think - sorry dude, two sets of sorrow await. But come on, it's Souls!

And Painted World is one of my favourite levels, enjoy! :wub: You have to make your way through the stage to return to Anor Londo.

Harpy fuckers....

:angry:

Moving back to Anor Londo. Imagine my joy when I finally made it to the top of the buttress and nailed one of the black knight archers. Of course, the other one got me in the back just as I tried to heal. Never mind I thought, Black Knights don't respawn, just need to get my souls and go for the other one. Right?

Wrong.

From Software, you utter utter cunts.

:lol:

Andor Londo is proving to be simply miserable in every way. Not in a 'Dark Souls lol' way, just in a fuck this shit way.

Getting from the bonfire to the boss is just too much. 3 Silver knights and then the big giant knights means I get to the boss with 4 flasks left, that's if I make it there at all. I want to summon Solaire but it's a wasted humanity every time.

Yeah, I'm going to gently rage quit tonight and can't see me looking forward to booting it back up tomorrow.

Any tips? Have I missed a shortcut? Just seems unnecessarily mean and difficult, even for Fromsoft.

I'm rusty so can't place exactly where you are nor if there is a shortcut that you've missed but you don't need to fight the giant knights, just run past them. And there is a sneaky little jump that you can make on the stairs which shortens the journey a little...

Either way, the reward is one of THE very best boss fights. In any game..

I'm rusty so can't place exactly where you are nor if there is a shortcut that you've missed but you don't need to fight the giant knights, just run past them. And there is a sneaky little jump that you can make on the stairs which shortens the journey a little...

Either way, the reward is one of THE very best boss fights. In any game..

Thing is, I want to summon Solaire and if those giant knights aren't dead he'll attack them and take a shit load of damage. I need him fresh for the boss as I can't see how you can solo that fight. It's bloody ridiculous.

About 5 attempts at the bosses now and I just get massacred.

If you're doing it solo, focus on the little one first. Keep backing off and try to keep them both in sight, then when Ornstein dashes closer to you move around him and get a few hits in.

Alternatively, practice parrying and backstabbing the Knights until you can get past them without getting hurt. Then learn the Giants. Use the souls from practicing to level up. Then once you can clear it without healing fight the bosses.

Or lay your sign down in the bonfire room, fight then with other people, watch and learn and use the souls to level up.

Use archery in the main room if you're really stuck. A fully upgraded Bow of Pharis, even at that stage, should kill the Giant Sentinels fairly quickly. They aren't actually too bad once you figure out their attack pattern, and as they are one of the rare enemies who have a chance of dropping Titanite Chunks it's a repeat fight you'll want to be perfecting.

My biggest problem with O+S was finding space to heal, and think about what to do next. lacking any ability to "Git Gud", i tried the following:

What really helped me was running "circuits" of the room; so run down one side of the room, between the pillars and the wall, then cross the room and go the other way down the other side. Most importantly, don't lock on to O+S while doing this, but keep the camera pointed at them. You won't be able to see where you're going, but the room layout is simple enough that it won't be a problem.

With luck and a little practice, you'll find that you'll start gaining distance on fatty, as the two of them follow you in a loop around the room, dramatically flailing at where you used to be. Skinny will of course regularly leap the length of the room to try and hit you, but a well timed roll will dodge him, and as he'll now be far away from his pal, you can get a hit or two in if you're feeling brave/suicidal. This also gives you space to chug estus when necessary, and makes it much easier to keep both of them in view at once.

Once Ornstein is down, keep a pillar between Smough and you at all times. Good luck:)

I tackled O&S from the starting bonfire of Anor Londo, but then I refused to summon until that horrible bastard in the DLC, so...

However - crystal weapons are very effective against them. I used an upgraded crystal halberd on O, and was able to kill him in one exchange eventually. Then you "just" have to keep a pillar between yourself and fatty boom boom.

It's tough, but if I can solo them, anyone can.

I'd actually recommend Epicnamebro and Vaatividya over Bonfireside chat,

ENB: Dark Souls Lore:

Vaati: Dark Souls Lore:

But bonfireside chat first season is ace, and each episode roughly correlates to an area or two of the game so you should have fun comparing experiences with the hosts :)

All top tips, thanks guys. Despite my reservations last night, all I want to do this morning is have another go.

Broker - The player base seems pretty barren on PC, laid my summon down countless times and haven't managed to actually summon any other players at all. Been invaded once but that wasn't very helpful.

I'm level 65, that should be high enough right?

Davros - for some reason, even after stubbornly refusing any help for BB. I'm totally OK with any help I can get for DS. I think it's because I have 1 &2 to get through before 3 comes out so I'm all for just powering through. I've done most of the bosses solo so far but O&S seems designed with co-op in mind.

Thanks for the crystal weapons tip, I have a +3 crystal halberd that I was saving (as you can't repair it unless you upgrade it ) but this seems like a perfect excuse to get it out. +10 halberd is my standard weapon so know the move set.