Wools

The Witness

It looks great

Does it? I watched a few minutes at Kotaku and saw a first-person game where you have to do out-of-place looking simple maze games for no apparent reason.

I've every faith it'll turn out awesome as I love Braid, but that's the first thing I've seen of the game and it looks shit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

From my humble recollection, Braid didn't 'look' like the megaton game it turned out to be, in the early shots. Best to reserve any judgment on this until it's done and available.

Gamasutra also did an interview with Blow a couple of days ago where he talked about the game: clicky. It looks like a very interesting project but if it's anything like Braid, the puzzles will probably be a little too abstract for me to wrap my simple mind around... :P

I have enough faith left from Braid to assume this is going to be great, but I still don't understand if the open world is anything other than Myst-style framing.

I have enough faith left from Braid to assume this is going to be great, but I still don't understand if the open world is anything other than Myst-style framing.

It seems even drier than that with the puzzles all being variations on the same maze thing and having nothing to do with the environments. You aren't pulling levers or opening valves or reading diaries you are just solving maze puzzle #00x.

This is looking great. Sounds like a lot of care has gone into it. You just know there's going to be a mind fuck of epic proportions at some point, where you realise what it's all really about. This is the game that at the moment will make me pick up a PS4.

It seems even drier than that with the puzzles all being variations on the same maze thing and having nothing to do with the environments. You aren't pulling levers or opening valves or reading diaries you are just solving maze puzzle #00x.

Yeah, it sounds excellent! Shame there's still no release date :(

This is looking great. Sounds like a lot of care has gone into it. You just know there's going to be a mind fuck of epic proportions at some point, where you realise what it's all really about. This is the game that at the moment will make me pick up a PS4.

I like yer avatar.

Oh, I'll watch that tomorrow (or later today :\) Was this shown during the keynote? I don't remember seeing it or even someone mentioning it which I thought was strange since it's one of Sony's most hyped indie games that should release next year.

There doesn't seem a lot of interest in this on here. I suspect that with no hint of exactly what the gripping gameplay element is, this one's going to be a slow starter in terms of sales. I'm sure enough people will take a punt on the back of Braid, especially if it reviews well. It is looking absolutely gorgeous and personally I can't wait.

I'm interested and have complete trust in Blow after Braid but there's just not a lot to say about it at the moment I think. He's showing line puzzles in a really pretty and mysterious environment. There has to be more to it but until we can play it there's not much to discuss, I feel.

I think there's little interest because Blow announced it almost half a decade ago and there's still no real indication of when it will come out.

And Blow kind of looks like he's wearing the Watch_Dogs coat in that video.

I am very interested, but kind of want to go in on a media blackout.

The stream's not too bad. It shows the very beginning of the game so it's all pretty easy, and the guy playing it is such an idiot that you've got ages to solve the puzzles in your head before he manages to actually do it. It also doesn't reveal any secrets or stuff you'd want to discover yourself.