New 360 controller with improved D-Pad

Revival

Lol at that video - I suck at SFIV and I know that pad is shit for playing it! No "hardcore" player would go anywhere near it! I've got one of these pads and its nice enough but not worth it just for the dad. As usual Microsoft over promise and under deliver.

Plenty of people use the pad for SFIV absoutely fine. I'd say I'm still better at it with the standard 360 pad than a stick. And I don't know exactly what you mean by "hardcore", but there are plenty of people playing at high level and placing well in national tournaments using the standard pad as well. I'd never say the 360 pad is great, but it's far from 'shit' 'lol' and exclaimation marks.

It's worth noting that Microsoft have made various changes to the d-pad on the "standard" controller over the years without making much noise about it (I've had three different d-pad types). The d-pad on newer pads are vastly superior to the launch period ones

It's worth noting that Microsoft have made various changes to the d-pad on the "standard" controller over the years without making much noise about it (I've had three different d-pad types). The d-pad on newer pads are vastly superior to the launch period ones

This. I have 3 360 pads all from 2007, they all have the shit, unreliable d-pad. The one I got with my slim last year though, is fine. The main problem with the 360 D-pad was always that it failed to register about a quarter of the time if you went from one direction to the opposite. Aside from that, I can put up with the slightly undesirable feel and action of it (compared with a nice saturn d pad). The twisty d pad controller boggles the mind.

Nice review. Dpad aside, theres still no 3rd party handheld controller out there to top a 360 one.

These are unarguably better than the stock 360 controller, with one big caveat - it's wired only, for now.

Better Dpad, adjustable stick tension, proper mechanical buttons, macro buttons for remapping functions, great build quality etc. Honest, they're really really nice. A bit less travel on the triggers which requires some readjusting for driving games, but also much better for shooters etc.

Is that the Marvel fighting pad thing that was only released in the US (and seems to have disappeared from sale)? I'd love one :(

Yes - it was released for a limited time I believe.

I have one and it's really lovely to use. The micro-swtiches really help with precision gaming when playing the likes of BlazBlue, SFIV and MvC3 :)

Different version of the pad mate. Unless he had a tournament one, in which case maybe his was broke? The sticks feel exactly the same, only you can make them tighter.

Yes he had a tournament one as he mentions rubberised texture and adjustable tension sticks.

I have the Onza and I was loving it but it has now broken! :facepalm:

:(

Ah yeah I skimmed his post after already failing to read it once.

The one I used felt exactly the same to me, only you could switch between that 'just out of the box' feel and the 'four year old thumbstick' feel by making it tight or loose. I played some blops and AC2 with it.

Maybe they had some manufacturing issues or something?

This guy is using one