"Yakuza 5 Final Yakuza Entry On PS3, Yakuza 6 Moving On To SEGADRIVE"

Guest revengeofpotty

I think the SegaDrive's going to be another incredibly awesome console, just like the forgotten masterpiece that was the Dreamcast. And I'm not just saying that because I got negged to oblivion after saying that the Dreamcast had five good games available for it. Honestly.

Which 5 were they, out of curiosity?

I never literally meant that there were 5 games I enjoyed; "5" was just shorthand for "not a lot". I enjoyed Sonic Adventure (apart from the Amy/Gamma/Tails/Big/Knuckles sections) and its sequel (apart from the Dr. Robotnik/Tails/Knuckles/Whatsherface sections); I enjoyed Ikaruga (before the XBLA release with it's lack of slowdown and shinier presentation) and Rez (ditto), and Virtua Tennis and Soul Calibur were okay back in the day. Crazy Taxi seemed too lightweight to provide any long-term fun, so I wasn't really a fan of that, Space Channel 5 just seemed like another rhythm-actioner to me, and JSR would have been great if not for reasons I've already explained before.

Anyway, I'll keep quiet before I get negged some more. I'm so sorry I don't like the same games as everybody else. *sob*

EDIT: for the record, I'm not necessarily against the Dreamcast, I'm more against platform advocacy. You can't say that "<console> was amazing!!1", because you can't guarantee that the publishers like the same games as you...

Guest revengeofpotty

There seems to be an update to the article.

http://seganewswire.webs.com/apps/blog/show/4621848-world-exclusive-yakuza-5-final-yakuza-entry-on-ps3-yakuza-6-moving-on-to-segadrive

Clarification : Readers across the internet in response to this report have stated that the Yakuza titles are already based in Shinjuku. Allow us to clarify, aside from Yakuza 2 and Yakuza Kenzan, the Yakuza titles are based in Kamurocho, the fictitious version of Tokyo Shinjuku's Kabukichō. What SEGA plans for Yakuza 6 is to move to an actual rendition of the Shinjuku ward itself, SEGA shall accomplish this by utilizing the power offered to them by the next generation SEGADRIVE games console. SEGA now has the power to model entire real world cities whereas in the past this was not possible without major sacrifices.

• 4 weeks later...

The patent specifically mentions non connectivity to a TV.

Word Mark: SEGADRIVE

Status/

Status Date: REGISTERED

12/4/2007

Serial Number: 78950666

Filing Date: 8/11/2006

Registration Number: 3348575

Registration Date: 12/4/2007

Goods and Services: Arcade game machines other than for use with television receivers; coin, card or counter operated electronic arcade games

Mark Description: NOT AVAILABLE

Type Of Mark: TradeMark

Published For Opposition Date: 9/18/2007

Latest Owner: Kabushiki Kaisha Sega

2-12, Haneda 1-chome

Ohta-ku, Tokyo

Why is this contact information displayed?

Why is this contact information displayed? [Close]

The USPTO makes this data available for search by the public so that individuals can locate ownership information for intellectual property, much the same way a county might make real estate property ownership information available.

Since our website is synchronized with the USPTO data, we recommend making any data changes with the USPTO directly. Our website will auto-update when the USPTO data is updated.

You may also contact Trademarkia to make a request for the removal of your personally identifiable information or trademark data. Such requests must be made in writing and will be subject to verification of ownership. This policy allows verified trademark owners to specify: (A) that their identifiable information be masked, or (B) that their trademark pages permanently deleted from Trademarkia.com. Requests may be made directly to customer.service@trademarkia.com and every effort will be made to honor them within 48 hours.

Click here for further details.

[Close]

Mark Drawing Code: Drawing/Design + Words

Design Search:

Letters or words underlined and/or overlined by one or more strokes or lines (Geometric figures and solids - Lines, bands, bars, chevrons and angles) see more design...

Register Type: Principal

Disclaimer: (NOT AVAILABLE)

Correspondent:

DAVID EHRLICH

FROSS ZELNICK LEHRMAN & ZISSU, P.C.

866 UNITED NATIONS PLZ

NEW YORK, NY 10017-1822

http://www.trademarkia.com/segadrive-78950666.html

Its an arcade machine. A patent was filed a while ago.

To be fair, SEGANEWSWIRE acknowledges an arcade version of the SEGADRIVE:

The arcade variant of SEGADRIVE remains on track for a Q4 2011 debut.

http://seganewswire.webs.com/apps/blog/show/4739317-world-exclusive-segadrive-delayed-to-2012

I'm not saying that this isn't total bullshit, of course.

Question remains: will SEGADRIVE be out before the NINTENDOSYSTEM and MICROSOFTBOX?