IGNORED

"Yakuza 5 Final Yakuza Entry On PS3, Yakuza 6 Moving On To SEGADRIVE"

Guest revengeofpotty

Guest revengeofpotty

http://seganewswire.webs.com/apps/blog/show/4621848-world-exclusive-yakuza-5-final-yakuza-entry-on-ps3-yakuza-6-moving-on-to-segadrive

2132423652view.jpg

When the above image was spread across the internet earlier today, the world's gamers wondered just what it may mean for the future of their beloved franchise. SEGANEWSWIRE contacted one of it's numerous links within SoJ to get to the bottom, and this is what we uncovered.

It would seem "THE END" is referring to the fact that Yakuza 5 shall be the final installment of the Yakuza franchise on the PS3 format. The system shall have played host to no less than 4 Yakuza titles in it's lifespan.

The next Yakuza title, Yakuza 6 shall make it's debut on SEGA's next generation high end video entertainment system currently known as "SEGADRIVE". The title is in the midst of development and is scheduled for a Spring 2013 Japanese release.

Another interesting tidbit is that the development team shall abandon Kamurocho district that the series is known for in favor of the Shinjuku ward of Tokyo, a major commercial and administrative center.

Stay tuned to SEGANEWSWIRE for all insider news related to SEGA's Yakuza franchise.

Codpiece 04:29 PM on August 25, 2010

Sega are very serious, this is going to blow the opposition away.

I bet Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are pooping their pants as they read all these revelations!

:facepalm::lol:

I honestly would love it to be true as I am a total Dreamcast apologist and get total "nostalgia+1" when thinking about it. Playing Shenmue for the first time on a cold winter day in 2000 :wub: and those epic multiplayer sessions of Soul Calibur but, seriously, this is total bullshit.

This is the most exciting part.

Another interesting tidbit is that the development team shall abandon Kamurocho district that the series is known for in favor of the Shinjuku ward of Tokyo, a major commercial and administrative center.

"A major commercial and administrative center." Imagine the possibilities.

This is the most exciting part.

"A major commercial and administrative center." Imagine the possibilities.

Kamurocho is based on Kabukicho which is in.....Shinjuku! :facepalm:

Kamurocho is based on Kabukicho which is in.....Shinjuku! :facepalm:

My first thought too. If they'd said Shinjuku West I might have believed it. YAKUZA 6 - KAZUMA DISCOVERS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TRAIN STATION, MORE WHISKY.

I'd love a game set in West Shinjuku though. I still remember the squeal I let out when I found the Keio Plaza in PGR3.

I think the SegaDrive's going to be another incredibly awesome console, just like the forgotten masterpiece that was the Dreamcast. And I'm not just saying that because I got negged to oblivion after saying that the Dreamcast had five good games available for it. Honestly.