IGNORED

Bioshock: Infinite - New E3 Demo - Post #307

The Sarge

The Cumshots, I mean, the Comstocks were boring characters.

I hope this is referencing some sort of jizz-based element to the plot - otherwise, what? I mean, I'm all for 90's-esque, single-format-mag rival slurring with childish names, but at least the memorable ones sort of may a bit of sense. The Greystation works, of course, because it was grey - but the Nintendo N-60-Paedo doesn't because it really has nothing to do with anything*.

The Cumshots.

Christ, what are you, 12?

edit - I mean look at you. You know exactly how tenuous and unrelated your bizarre little reference is because you have to correct yourself in order for it to work!

*This of course was never used.

Jesus Christ, we fucking get it mate!

And what about the terrible piece you just quoted? The bit where big ego makes the hilarious claim that 'almost' no other game apart from Bioshock Infinite can justify its violence?

He's a funny guy that Rab.

Oh, fuck this. I just lost about two and a half/three hours of progress because the autosave system didn't work properly. This sucker is going back to Lovefilm, sure I'll pick up the P.C version cheap for an upgraded rig at some point in the future.

Has there been any hint what the DLC is going to be?

The Season Pass is only £12 on Greenman - but there's next to no information on what it'll cover...

Extend the narrative and adventure with the BioShock Infinite Season Pass.

• Receive three add-ons for the price of two

• Get Day 1 bonuses with The Early Bird Special Pack, only available to Season Pass holders

• New Stories

• New Characters

• New Weapons

• Continue the journey in the sky-city of Columbia, with new locations, new characters, and new weapons. The instant bonus includes four pieces of exclusive gear, weapon upgrades and skins, and five Infusion bottles.

All Season Pass content will be available for individual purchase by March 2014. The instant bonus can only be obtained by purchasing a Season Pass. Please note: Add-On Content, BioShock® Infinite required to play.

So it seems to be SP/story based...but I've no idea how it would fit onto the end of the game :S

Oh, fuck this. I just lost about two and a half/three hours of progress because the autosave system didn't work properly. This sucker is going back to Lovefilm, sure I'll pick up the P.C version cheap for an upgraded rig at some point in the future.

WERE YOU PLAYING OFFLINE?

It's happened to loads of people here and you can find an autos ace under 'chapters'

So it seems to be SP/story based...but I've no idea how it would fit onto the end of the game :S

I think the ending's given them infinite (lol) options for variations on setting and characters that could work as individual DLCs

WERE YOU PLAYING OFFLINE?

It's happened to loads of people here and you can find an autos ace under 'chapters'

Given that since the new dashboard I have a 40% chance of automatically signing in, it's quite possible. Thanks for the advice.

Given that since the new dashboard I have a 40% chance of automatically signing in, it's quite possible. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah check 'Chapters' and see if there is a save dated in 2005 or some shit. Autosave are MUCH closer together than 2 hours.

Finished this today, a joy from start to finish. Final battle was a tad on the easy side though thanks to

Fully upgraded Return to Sender, and putting the all over the generator

Looking forward to the DLC now

I can't see myself persevering beyond the next session unless something really interesting happens. Aside from the stunning art, the Alternate universe story is still the thing I like the most, but I can't say thats enough to keep me going.

All of these "oh it's really not grabbing me" posts get a bit yawnsome. Anyway, mine's glitching out a bit on 1999 mode in Shantytown. Im talking like screen flickering and crazy crashing like the system is overheating. My machine's fine, only happened in this game. Just in case anyone else has had similar.

Still loving 1999 mode..i missed out SO many side areas in my quest to progress the story. I've only just left the police headquarters and ive maxed out my shields and salts..and that includes missing one i didnt have the lockpicks to access. I've also noticed that the vending machines (really minor spoiler, i'll tag it anyway)

sometimes allow you to buy lockpicks, for 49 eagles to a max of 3

This really is a massive improvement over the last two games. Whilst the Big Daddy's and Little Sisters are some of the best creations of recent times I always felt it was an environment looking for a game. This is most definitely a beautiful, creative and challenging game. To me it's like the joy of Modern Warfare 2 after the tech demo of the first. Great stuff. And the year's only going to get better!

@angel I didn't know there were many like mine as only skimming the thread for obvious reasons, sorry you find my temerity for posting an honest opinion yawnsome

Apart from it being like, the most interesting game in years?

Except like it isn't, the actual gameplay is very basic and insanely repetitive. Not looking to pick holes, if there was even an occasional moment that made a smile that wasn't art or narrative related I'd be happy

@angel I didn't know there were many like mine as only skimming the thread for obvious reasons, sorry you find my temerity for posting an honest opinion yawnsome

Except like it isn't, the actual gameplay is very basic and insanely repetitive. Not looking to pick holes, if there was even an occasional moment that made a smile that wasn't art or narrative related I'd be happy

Sounds like youre playing it in the wrong frame of mind, I lap up every detail of the world, on my 2nd run and having a great time. Yours wasnt an offensive post, just like you say it seems people seem to want to stop by and delight in how theyre not enjoying something theyre supposed to. If you find it repetitive, i'd read up on how to mix up the combat, i find it really free form and fun.

Finished on Saturday night and absolutely bloody loved it. Probably the best narrative driven game I've played since the original Portal.

Something I really liked...

"Bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt" - you've already done it, and you're doing it.

So I've just met the girl. I'm liking it so far but not yet fully in love. One question I have: it's not clear to me exactly who I am, who this girl is, why I'm looking for her etc. I assume that is all fully explained along the way? Great if so, if not i think I've missed something

Sounds like youre playing it in the wrong frame of mind, I lap up every detail of the world, on my 2nd run and having a great time. Yours wasnt an offensive post, just like you say it seems people seem to want to stop by and delight in how theyre not enjoying something theyre supposed to. If you find it repetitive, i'd read up on how to mix up the combat, i find it really free form and fun.

Wrong frame of mind? Hmm. I posted earlier that I loved the first 40 minutes as simply nothing happened and I was perfectly happy to just wander around. That approach hasnt changed but TBH I was expecting something to have happened by now, instead the gameplay consists primarily of looking in barrels and desks, nothing wrong with that in itself but it is all there is to do - at one point it threatened me with a side mission, which got me... Some money.

The combat - I remember not being blown away by Bioshock as a whole I think it was a good experience, so I can't be too surprised at battles. I saved up for ages for the crow trap corpse thing and then found actually the chances are my cunning defensive strategies fail cos nobody attacked me (playing on hard).

Again I think the world itself and the narrative are outstanding, but the characterisation is lousy - my guy feels totally out of step with the time he is supposed to be from, and Elisabeth is just plain dull.

I just arrived in Finkton, so again I'll give it another session but if more of the same ill move on.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread already, but EG just posted a really good retrospective of Bioshock 2, which is actually an extremely good game, and not the half-baked cash-in retread that many people instantly dismissed it as. It is at least as good as Bioshock 1, imho. If Infinite has got you all hyped for the Bioshock world, then you could a lot, lot worse than check out Bioshock 2.

Wrong frame of mind? Hmm. I posted earlier that I loved the first 40 minutes as simply nothing happened and I was perfectly happy to just wander around. That approach hasnt changed but TBH I was expecting something to have happened by now, instead the gameplay consists primarily of looking in barrels and desks, nothing wrong with that in itself but it is all there is to do - at one point it threatened me with a side mission, which got me... Some money.

The combat - I remember not being blown away by Bioshock as a whole I think it was a good experience, so I can't be too surprised at battles. I saved up for ages for the crow trap corpse thing and then found actually the chances are my cunning defensive strategies fail cos nobody attacked me (playing on hard).

Again I think the world itself and the narrative are outstanding, but the characterisation is lousy - my guy feels totally out of step with the time he is supposed to be from, and Elisabeth is just plain dull.

I just arrived in Finkton, so again I'll give it another session but if more of the same ill move on.

Youll need the traps later on, the combat really ramps up. Booker spends some time as your gruff hero and Elizabeth is layered so i'd really stick with it, she opens up and i love the relationship between "you" and her. If youre exploring rather than rushing it's a 15-20 hour campaign, and the interesting things you crave should start to happen soon. Your predicament reminds me of the expectations people placed on the shoulders of Bio 1, going into it with an "impress me" attitude (not saying youre doing that, but some are). There are some outstanding bits in it, such as these very very minor non story spoilers

a moment with a guitar, and once the quantum mechanic stuff starts to be explored

Finished it last night and enjoyed every minute of it.

There's something really gratifying about the guns in Bioshock. They each possess a larger than life feel and effect, and combine with the style and effects of the numerous powers really well.

The highlight of the game for me were the skyline battles. It's the freshest mechanic I've played in the genre since Bulletstrom's leash. It was a joy to leap around the screen (go go gadget legs anyone), battling enemies who were both in pursuit and attacking from a static position, and combined with Elisabeth's powers, it made the actual combat an unwittingly tactical affair.

As for the story, it progresses well and builds on the foundation laid by the characters wonderfully well.

It all goes a bit:

tumblr_m9r3d2OwXn1qzg708.jpg

... at the very end, but all credit to the ambition on display. Can't wait to see how the DLC shapes up... it's probably the first DLC I've ever been genuinely excited for.