Aero The Acro-Bat 2

DSiWare

Animal Puzzle Adventure

Chess Challenge!

Link 'n' Launch

Xbox Live Arcade

Monday Night Combat (Weds 11th August)

Playstation Network

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Weds 11th August)

The Summer drought it alive and well, and it's not as if there are a plethora of blockbuster films to tempt money away from the industry. Oh well, give it just over 3 weeks and the Christmas rush will start I guess.

This is the perfect time to do something about that huge backlog of games! I want to finish Alan Wake, Dragon Age, Risen, Titan Quest, and Fear (the first one) before the Christmas rush starts. And get as much Super IV lobby time in as much as I can.

With the huge amount of great games that came out during the first half of this year, I find it hard to believe that most of haven't got plenty of catching up to do tbh.

The Summer drought it alive and well, and it's not as if there are a plethora of blockbuster films to tempt money away from the industry. Oh well, give it just over 3 weeks and the Christmas rush will start I guess.

Well there's Kane and Lynch 2 in just under 2 weeks and then Mafia 2 in just under 3 weeks so still a few games to come before everything kicks off come September.

And there's indeed Kane and Lynch 2 and especially Mafia 2 which looks great from what I've seen of it. Oh and I forgot to mention Metro 2033 as one of the games I also want to finish before the Christmas rush.

Have you really finished all your games already Gabe? ;)

And there's indeed Kane and Lynch 2 and especially Mafia 2 which looks great from what I've seen of it. Oh and I forgot to mention Metro 2033 as one of the games I also want to finish before the Christmas rush.

Have you really finished all your games already Gabe? ;)

Ha ha, nope - I have a backlog of around 40-odd games for the 360 alone which I am ploughing through/discarding rubbish. I think Alpha Protocol is the only game I've bought this year I think (though my other half does get me games which keeps bumping the collection up).

I do still like to see what's out though, and will rent the odd game that I think I can finish in a week (Transformers being the last one a couple of weeks ago).

But yeah, I have plenty to get through!

I've made a promise to myself this year to actually finish the games that I like instead of moving on to the next new and shiny thing and never coming back. It's going pretty well, but the backlog is already huge due to real life constantly getting in the way. Alpha Protocol is also one of the games I want to finish btw, thanks for reminding me :)

No idea how far along you are with Wake but it's worth doing, Gerbik, I think there were a few WTF's that came out of then ending but I thought it was pretty cool.

You don't have to convince me, I loved what I played of the game so far. Something came up and I stopped playing it back when it came out. I've always wanted to go back to it so last week I decided to start all over again on hard (instead of finishing the game on normal) and savour the experience. It's flawed, sure, but it also has its own unique charm and atmosphere. I will definitely finish it, no doubt about that.