IGNORED

Battlefield 3 - Rllmuk 360 Tag: rllmukBF3

The Sarge

Didnt see any rush footage in that clip at all. I really think its maybe time for me to buy a PC rig seeing as ive played 700 hours of BF3 and im just not getting the most from it

It supposedly allows all existing game modes in the new maps, so Rush should be available. These are the facts I've seen:

Armored Kill will contain:

All-out vehicle warfare on four new maps.

Includes the biggest map in Battlefield history.

New vehicles, including tanks, ATV’s, and mobile artillery.

Bring back five new vehicle unlocks to the base game.

Earn 20+ unlocks for the new vechicles in Armored Kill.

New Tank Superiority game mode.

I’m excited to see this “biggest map in Battlefield history” because there have been some pretty big maps already. The new maps will also be playable in all of the original game modes as well, so you’ll get a lot of mileage out of this expansion. Dice is shooting for a September release and we’ll have more on Armored Kill as details become available.

It'll be interesting to see how the new vehicles will be applied to the current maps as it could change the dynamics significantly.

It supposedly allows all existing game modes in the new maps, so Rush should be available. These are the facts I've seen:

It'll be interesting to see how the new vehicles will be applied to the current maps as it could change the dynamics significantly.

i read it that they wont bring the actual vehicles in, but they'll have unlocks - air radar, canister shell etc that will.

i read it that they wont bring the actual vehicles in, but they'll have unlocks - air radar, canister shell etc that will.

That makes more sense. :)

Although I would kinda like them changing the original maps to use the new vehicles, even if just as variants.

This is just a shot in the dark here but is anyone having punkbuster problems? Specifically the Disallowed Program/Driver [119005] error. Ive sent a request through punkbusters support page but they're yet to get back to me and im pretty much out of ideas. So far ive deleted and reinstalled the service umpteen times in all kinds of different ways according to suggestions of workarounds posted by folks on Origin but im yet to hit upon anything thats worked.

I haven't been able to play for nearly a month now and now with this latest release of the Armoured Kill trailer has reignighted my search for a fix.

If anyones heard of this or can make any suggestions on what I could try to fix it, im all ears.

Thanks guys

Started playing more conquest games recently and I'm just a bit disappointed in a way with stuff like Gulf of Oman. It's a fantastic map but it just seemed that every bugger was in a vehicle of some sort. I'm not against vehicles but with the amount of folk on a full XBOX server there was barely 3-4 guys just running around on foot. I just wish on these maps the vehicles were a bit more restricted to compliment the amount of players. Seems the plentiful amount of vehicles is more to compliment a PC server roster than consoles.

Just seen that GAME is selling p/o BF Bad Company 2 for £7.99 online for both 360 and PS3. Since I've already had them both its a no brainer as no online pass is needed.

Screen20Shot202012-07-2120at2007.png

Started playing more conquest games recently and I'm just a bit disappointed in a way with stuff like Gulf of Oman. It's a fantastic map but it just seemed that every bugger was in a vehicle of some sort. I'm not against vehicles but with the amount of folk on a full XBOX server there was barely 3-4 guys just running around on foot. I just wish on these maps the vehicles were a bit more restricted to compliment the amount of players. Seems the plentiful amount of vehicles is more to compliment a PC server roster than consoles.

I wholeheartedly agree with that in terms of the 360 level of players. There are stupid amounts of vehicles, not sure if they just haven't adjusted them down because of the papier mache tank changes they've made but yeah, the best maps are the ones where more people have to use foot travel rather than vehicle travel. I'd reckon you could do the infantry gametypes on them but some people just want to fly jets and play in tanks all day.

Another thing that is annoying me the amount of level boosting servers and glitch cheating that seems to be popping up all over the place again on new AND old maps (several that spring to mind that I've been victim to are Seine Crossing with people in levels of buildings that they shouldn't be able to get into, same with Metro (along with the tunnel glitch that STILL hasn't been fixed), people hiding under the floors in buildings at various flags as well as hiding inside rock clusters on both Caspian and Firestorm and a load of new ones on the new maps). DiCE need to get this shit sorted.

Starting to get pretty narked with the hit detection in this, getting constantly hit through walls, getting hit indicators on people who are then on 100% and so on. Doesn't stand up well against TF2, which is a what, 8 year old game?

That's not timing. It relies on someone else getting lock first.

Alright Mr Pedantic. If you time it right, you can shoot, make them pop flares, reload and squeeze another one off. The point is, its not as shit as is being made out. Especially when on most maps, recon plays seemingly dont know how to deploy either Soflams or MAV's. From an Engineer with Javalin, its a right ballache when they have air superiority and you cant do feck all about it. Personally I tend to use just the normal RPG, I'll switch to Stingers if we're starting to get raped.

If nothing else, locking and firing Stingers / IGLAs, will cause most pilots to seek safety and keep them away from your ground forces for a while. I've found them to be much more effective since they were patched, despite their lock distance now being shorter than before, especially now that deployed flares don't break the locking process as it did previously.

A decent chopper pilot just goes to the under radar height so you can't lock.

The pilot can also pop ECM which prevents lock for 10 seconds and then if you do, by some freak of chance get a locked missile off, the gunner still has flares.

I really feel given what you have to give up with stingers compared to the RPG or Javelin really isn't balanced with what they offer.

A decent chopper pilot just goes to the under radar height so you can't lock.

The pilot can also pop ECM which prevents lock for 10 seconds and then if you do, by some freak of chance get a locked missile off, the gunner still has flares.

I really feel given what you have to give up with stingers compared to the RPG or Javelin really isn't balanced with what they offer.

I wrote and deleted two posts explaining all the reasons why the stingers are gash from a design POV.

I'll just say this^ instead.

Despite all the whinging from Smithstock and Carlito I find the stingers are fine to use.

You don't have to rely on someone with soflam

They reload quickly

You can still take down a lot of choppers and the occasional plane

Even if you don't take them out you can hassle and disrupt them

I get that if a pilot is like String Fellow Hawke you might suffer but then use a soflam or take them out with a tank shell, or on Damavand Peak Rush I just launch my EOD bot off the side of the mountain - land on a chopper and repair tool it to death.

Game seems fine at the moment. Choppers were a hell of a lot more of an issue in the last game than this version.

Looks excellent, although I suspect that's all PC footage with 64 players. Wonder what it will be like on console?

Presumably the same as playing with a lower player count on PC (but with bad graphics and a really slow turning speed hurhurhur etc)

And map packs. And online passes. And apparently about 15 million new copies sold in the first place.

They must be doing alright. Not that you'd begrudge them that if it wasn't for the general impression that they don't give a fuck about the people who bought the game.

Have they shut down a lot of their servers now in favour of the ones they are selling? Or are they the very same servers, even?

I love how they made out it was doing a favour to the community, too. It's left a real bad taste in my mouth.

My "friend" bought this game for me and so far it has been brief moments of relaxation on grassy hillsides interspersed with prolonged periods of violence and death (almost all my own). Assuming we're going to play for about ten hours at most before he gets bored and moves on to something else, can anyone give me any low-level advice? Is there any specific weapon/class that is good to pick or good to avoid, for a start? And should I even bother getting in a vehicle?

I do like hiding and clicking on dudes and saying "I've spotted a hostile...". Maybe I'll just do that and sidestep the whole "good gun" question.