rllmuk
TheShend

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

For SF2 in my local arcade you would play the first round, gift the second, third (if you knew the person) you would play to near death and then stop, tie the health and time over. Play the final round.

I always wondered if they took out the final round in SF3 because people did this.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Lyrical Donut said:

We should probably set up some kind of lobby so we can be terrible at Third Strike together.

Also up for that.

10 hours ago, Jonster said:

Third Strike is also on CPS3 for us as well :D

Just read up on the end of the Nottingham sessions. Very sad news, hope the farewell is a banger.

Yeah it is tool assisted. Still took a fair while to put together so well I'd imagine.

I've been catching up on Gutter Trash; really loving Renic's Alex. A brute.

6 hours ago, strawdonkey said:

Just read up on the end of the Nottingham sessions. Very sad news, hope the farewell is a banger.

Cheers, hoping so as well! Would be a shame to fizzle out :lol:

I went back to this recently on the 30th anniversary collection as I don't have any major timesinks going on at the moment. My "rule" whether I win or lose is to run it back until one of us has won 2/3, and I had a lot of fun with this arrangement... but at the same time I ran into so many shotos, and the combination of lag parries and my own bad execution (modern fighters have spoiled me) meant that it got pretty rough at times. I still had lots of fun though, despite the jank :wub:

Play 3rd Strike; it's a good game.

• Upvote 2