IGNORED

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath & Abe's Odyssey HD - PS360

The Sarge

I think im the only person in the world who didnt like strangers wrath. I preferred Abe's games. I just didnt like how in SW every town you went to had really nothing in it aside form a shop and a jail where you pick up bounties. It just felt like a waste cause you'd have there great towns with loads of odd characters walking around yet nothing at all to do in them.

Sounds great, but can you play with a normal controller as well? I mean, move is optional right? Please tell me it's optional :(

Shame it's isn't for PC and 360 too since I prefer using a 360 joypad for FPS games but still Stranger's Wrath HD w00t!! :omg:

I'd be surprised if it didn't support standard controls as well as Move.

:)

So I had a PS2...so couldn't play Stranger's Wrath.

Then I got a 360... and now can't play Stranger's Wrath!!!??? Bloody Oddworld...

I'd laugh, but I remember feeling well pissed of when Munches defected from a PS2 launch title to the Xbox after pre-ordering a PS2.

My guess would be they're using Sony's cross-platform PhyreEngine and as a consequence PS3 is the lead platform. It also sounds like they're self-publishing so it could be Microsoft hasn't cleared the game for an XBLA release yet.

Thinking about it, the game might even be a bit big for the Arcade. Last year Microsoft said that the maximum 2GB file size for XBLA is a technical limitation of the system being used. I don't know if that's changed or not, but it could prove problematic.

Hope so :(

Aimless hit the nail on the head, it looks like they are self published and MS seem to have a problem when it comes to allowing games on their Live Arcade service which are self published.

It's also the main reason why we probably won't ever see Quarrel on Live Arcade. From all reports, the game is complete but the devs aren't able to find a publisher so the game is doomed to stay on the shelf until a publisher takes pity and helps them release it.

Yeah, but people called Doom 2.5D back in the day. Or Nights Into Dreams.

Doom IS 2.5D... The levels are extruded from a flat surface, e.g. bits of the stage vary in height, but there are no bridges etc you can walk under, can't jump etc... so if you turned it 90 degrees, it's essentially no different from the flying bits in NiGHTS as you have no control over travel in one axis.