Football League Championship 2010/11 Official Thread

Rex Grossman

Take it to the "Football League Championship 2011/12 Official Thread" thread!

At least there's loads of other teams out there trying to be as awful as Forest. Good on y'all.

Ha! That's the only thing that will keep us up this season, three worse teams

As a forest fan could have done with Millwall drawing today. Typical 3 minutes into injury time. Forest have to get a run together but the upcoming fixtures don't look promising. Sad to see how quickly things change for the worse in football. Last 2 years Forest were comfortably challenging for the playoffs and this season they are in a real relegation dogfight. Don't think Cotterill is the right man for the job, but is just another round of mismanagement at Forest.

• 1 month later...

Thats sad about the Forest chairman - RIP.

We got well beaten yesterday - our third home loss this season and all with the opposition scoring 3.

I think our small squad and relying on youngsters is beginning to take its toil along with wembley looming.

Blackpool were well worth their win in freezing conditions - we looked like we might have snatched it despite being second best for most of the game, but Holloway brought Kevin Phillips on and instead of a last minute equaliser - he got a 75thish minute equaliser and then another Phillips put us away.

A rare bad day at the CCS this season, made worse by the introduction of goal music when we scored <shudder>.

What a player Kevin Phillips is - a goal scoring machine!

• 1 month later...

Arise indeed!

Our play-off push is up and down like a cliched Blackpool rollercoaster, but feeling more confident now. We've nobody above 10th to play in the final six games whereas all the other play-off challengers have quite tough fixtures with many meeting each other.

Disappointed with Southampton, was expecting more from them but I guess the win for Reading earlier almost felt like a win for them as it kept the gap to 3rd healthy.

I'm quite glad the bottom four clubs are so utterly woeful this year as I could see Millwall getting sucked into the relegation scrap so very easily. And that's including Pompey's 10 point deduction and off-field troubles.

Also quite glad the Hammers got spanked by Reading yesterday, surely their automatic promotion hopes are essentially done now? :D

Disappointed with Southampton, was expecting more from them but I guess the win for Reading earlier almost felt like a win for them as it kept the gap to 3rd healthy.

Watched it on the telly. Having battered Soton for 20 minutes, I thought they had the luck of champions when they got that penalty. (Not that it was a poor decision, more that the teams are the top get that sort of thing happening.)

We've got both Burnley (home) and Millwall (away, last day of the season!) to play and I'm hoping that neither of you will have much to play for by the time those games roll around.

However, with Burnley there's always the local rivalry (although I do detect an easing in this lately) and Millwall could need something from the final day. Would be great if you could both roll over for us though!

:D

Reading have a tough run in, but I feel their team spirit and the overall good feeling in the club will get them up.

Brian McDermott has worked wonders with what he has got at Reading, they have had to sell their best players in the last few years but he has kept them up in the top six and reached two F.A cup quarter finals.

If they do go up, with their new billionaire owner, they may surprise a few people next season.

I'm quite glad the bottom four clubs are so utterly woeful this year as I could see Millwall getting sucked into the relegation scrap so very easily. And that's including Pompey's 10 point deduction and off-field troubles.

Also quite glad the Hammers got spanked by Reading yesterday, surely their automatic promotion hopes are essentially done now? :D

On paper we have a really strong team. Trotter, Henry, Henderson, Keogh are all fantastic Championship players but it seems that results have just gone against us.

Still, got my ticket for Hull and will be going to Coventry away. Still confident that we'll stay up.

However, with Burnley there's always the local rivalry (although I do detect an easing in this lately) and Millwall could need something from the final day. Would be great if you could both roll over for us though!

We've given up on the playoffs (the telltale sign is always shipping players out on loan to get them off the wage bill). It has eased off as a rivalry though. 20 years since that epic battle in Division 4. Billy Ayre et al. Fun times.

• 3 weeks later...

Gutted we have missed out on a play off place (Middlesbrough FC). saying that, cannot expect anything else with such a disasterous home record.

Anyway, just wanted to say big congratulations to Reading on a deserved promotion

Gutted we have missed out on a play off place (Middlesbrough FC). saying that, cannot expect anything else with such a disasterous home record.

Anyway, just wanted to say big congratulations to Reading on a deserved promotion

Not over just yet - although not beating Donny at home when you had to win is bad news.

We are more than capable of screwing up 6th place, but you'll need to beat Southampton if we lose/draw to Leeds in the early kick off.

Replace Middlesborough with Burnley.

Getting promoted is all about momentum and they've been pretty much unstoppable for a while. Good luck to them for next year.

:D :D :D

So, so glad we got promoted, don't think I could have done with the stress of another play off final (3-0 down at half time was probably the worst I've ever felt at a game... and then when we plied two back... wow, never shouted so loud). Heh.. We're spared that for this year (though to be honest last night's game itself was a little shakey, nothing like the great form we've had the rest of 2012).

McDermott has done such a cracking job with the players he's had and I hope that he can do just as well in the Prem. We finished 8th in our first season last time we got promoted (06/07) so I'd be very happy with that next season.

My main concerns/points of interest are to see what Madejski does now in terms of selling the club, and who we end up signing over the summer. Would be a dream come true if Sigurdsson miracled his ass back over :D

You can have mills back if you want.

No fucking way.

Selling him was the best thing we did all season. I would love to know how was feeling last night, leaving us for more money and a better chance of playing in the Premier League.

I think what Reading have shown this season is that good team spirit and a sense of togetherness will always win over a team full of over paid , prima donnas.