Football League Championship 2010/11 Official Thread

Rex Grossman

The funny thing, is the sense of dread for the fans of the teams involved.

Yeah and that's another point I spose about the playoffs.. the sense of dread doesn't really add up, I mean, there's nothing really to lose is there.. especially in terms of Forest this season, we scraped into 6th by the skins of our teeth.. we should really be grateful for the 2 extra games and the little bit of extra drama.. it should feel like a bonus! And yet it's absoluet torture.

But on the other hand, maybe it's the fear of watching your club throw away around 40 million quid...

I dunno, I'm babbling.. it's the nerves :/

...but then I bear in mind that I have no idea what it's like to support a team for that long, and cannot imagine how bitter and jaded it's possible to become...

I'm only 26, but I have a pretty damn good idea of how jaded it's possible to become. Urgh.

Yeah I spose the tiny little glimmer of hope that you might win means it feels worthwhile... however my Dad's 60 now, been a Cardiff fan all his life, but seems to have reached the point where he *can* actually resist watching. He records games, waits until the next day, finds out the score, and then decides whether or not to watch it!! I think it's a bit weird, don't get me wrong, pretty sure he wasn't always like this... but then I bear in mind that I have no idea what it's like to support a team for that long, and cannot imagine how bitter and jaded it's possible to become... so much to look forward to :)

Id watch every forest game anyway. Even if they had to play a youth team against barcalona- id still it or go.

Its one of them things, I love the club and whilst i hate the play offs and the heartache supporting forest inevitably brings- i still cant help but watch or go. Even this season, at 28, i didnt renew my season ticket as I thought id take a break. But ive still either been at,listened to,or watched on the net/tv almost every game :D

Even when I was in paris in december, I was still logging into the free internet at places to watch the live text feeds and post on forest forums :D

I always say im not going or watching or whatever, but as time ticks by and the game gets closer...im weak willed. Optimisim floods in

I guess your dad though has seen it all at forest, and we are never likely to hit that peak he wouldve seen in the 70's/80's

Yeah and that's another point I spose about the playoffs.. the sense of dread doesn't really add up, I mean, there's nothing really to lose is there.. especially in terms of Forest this season, we scraped into 6th by the skins of our teeth.. we should really be grateful for the 2 extra games and the little bit of extra drama.. it should feel like a bonus! And yet it's absoluet torture.

But on the other hand, maybe it's the fear of watching your club throw away around 40 million quid...

I dunno, I'm babbling.. it's the nerves :/

Its because its all or nothing. Particuarly in the 2nd leg of a play off semi final. In the league season, theres always that knowledge that even if you have a couple of bad games- you have other chances to rectify that and bounce on to success.

In the play offs, the whole thing can essentially come down to one mistake by a player or a ref, and your seasons flat out over.

Its an amazing achievement just to reach the play offs, so when you fail its heartbreaking.

Particuarly as forest fans whove suffered in all 3 play offs theyve been in, going into the last half hour on top and looking like they are heading to wembley only to spectacuarly implode and concede 4 goals in the final half hour, or extra time.

I'm on 26, but I have a pretty damn good idea of how jaded it's possible to become. Urgh.

Damn kids and your music!

See, your about the same age as me...and i still remember the late 80's,cloughys last season, the zenith data systems cup, the fa cup final where we got gyped by a shit ref and gazza, the uefa cup runs under clarkey.

I think we've seen so much up and downness with forest throughout our lifetime, its hard to be a jaded fan. Its never boring, they are either epicly shit, or amazing.

They never do mid table.

In the back of my mind I still tell myself, as long as we can get back into the prem, within 2 years or so we'll back challenging for europe like we were accustomed to under cloughy and clark.

It wont happen, but my view of forest is always skewed as thats what I grew up knowing- so is what I expect.Even though we've been godawful going back 12 years now.

As a forest fan, owing to what forest used to be- its hard to get out of that big club mentality. As thats still what we're seen as and talked about as being sleeping giants and all that bollocks.

When in reality, we are shadow of that and never likely to be in those kinds of positions again.

Spoiled by history.

Oh well, im on my 2nd beer getting ready for tonight. Still think we'll lose badly, but theres always that slight chance.

Tricky tree, from here, will be on a plane throughout the game so wont know the score till he lands :lol:

Can't cope with this. Stomach is churning, thoughts of defeat scare me, thoughts of victory scare me just as much. I love football.

Thanks to you guys for pushing me toward attending these games, probably would have been sat at home for both games without your encouragement :wub:

Can't cope with this. Stomach is churning, thoughts of defeat scare me, thoughts of victory scare me just as much. I love football.

Thanks to you guys for pushing me toward attending these games, probably would have been sat at home for both games without your encouragement :wub:

I want to say your welcome and good luck....but I dont really want swansea to have good luck :lol:

Right, im off to a party to watch it. COME ON YOU REDS!

Nottingham+Forest+v+Derby+County+npower+Championship+WCDOT8IAwyUl.jpg

That's what you get for starting with three strikers who've managed about 10 goals between them all season.

Right, bring on Boyd to put himself abou, get Majewski on to create some chances and get Earnshaw on because hates Swansea. An early goal after the half and I might get a bit of false optimism running through me again. C'mon Forest!

I can't believe he didn't start Earnie - he is our all time top goal scorer. He played for us for years. He'd probably do the ayatollah if he'd scored tonight. All our players hate Swansea. Even ex Swansea player Andy Legg hates Swansea and he played there before he played for us. He once told me that Alan Tate was a wanker.

Davies you stupid prostitute shagging twat.