Football League Championship 2010/11 Official Thread

Rex Grossman

Hahah!

In our play off vs yeovil, it went to extra time, at 3-3. with forest winning the first leg 2-0, and yeovil after 90 minutes at the city ground being 3-1 up to take it to extra time :)

Thats how i remember. Its also how I destroy any optimism I have related to forest.

Yeah I was there. Unbelievable night. Hard to believe Aaron Davies could tear anyone apart now...

I seem to remember talking about about away goals only counting after extra time though, in previous years.. but can never remember the definitive conclusion... presumably because I'm distracted by all the goals we're conceding...

Yeah I was there. Unbelievable night. Hard to believe Aaron Davies could tear anyone apart now...

I seem to remember talking about about away goals only counting after extra time though, in previous years.. but can never remember the definitive conclusion... presumably because I'm distracted by all the goals we're conceding...

Ahahahh, to be fair it was alot. But, it does go to penalites :)

Leicester vs cardiff last season is a more recent example, where leicester scored 3 away goals, to cardiffs 1...but it went to penalties.

Aaron davies, was amazing in that game. I was well chuffed when we signed him. Such a shame he was rubbish for us :D

Swansea City

swans_badge.gif

On the 4th July 2010 Paulo Sousa left the Swans to manage Leicester City. Fans were distraught at losing a manager in the close season for the second year in a row, but at the same time we were expectant that we may get a manager in who would return the free flowing attacking football we enjoyed under Martinez. Although Sousa led us to our highest league finish since the glory days of Toshack it was done via pragmatic defensive football that was boring to watch. We boasted the best defence in the league, but also the worst attack, scoring 40 goals all season. Personally i was glad to see the back of Sousa, he made watching the swans a horrible experience.

Two long weeks passed before we announced the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as manager. To be honest, at the time it felt like 2am in a nightclub, and we only went for him because everyone else turned us down. As fans we convinced ourselves that avoiding relegation would be a success. How wrong could we be, the last nine months have seen some of the best football I have ever seen as a Swansea City fan. Rodgers abandoned the defensive policy of last season and we attacked with pace, guile and accuracy. We only scored 40 goals all season last year, this season we have scored 40 at home. The attacking triumvirate of Sinclair, Dyer and Borini has been incredible to watch and i don't believe there is a better forward line in the league. When they click, no team will stop them. As always our midfield trio are the engine of our team, they orchestrate play when we have the ball and the close down the opposition when we don't have possession. Defensively we have been nearly as good as last season and in Ashley Williams, Angel Rangel and Dorus De Vries we have three Premiership quality players. If we don't go up all three will be playing at a higher level next season.

We play a 4-5-1 formation, which is essentially a 4-3-3 when we have the ball. We attack with pace down the flanks and look to get our attacking midfielders into the box. One thing i am incredibly proud of is that we will not change the way we play for any team. its the way Barca play, we make teams change the way they play to face us. Even if we are 2-0 after 5 mins on Thursday we will continue to knock the ball around patiently and wait for an opening.

Prediction

Its as simple as this, if Borini, Dyer, Sinclair play to their full potential we will win the game. However, we never do things the easy way. I predict 3-1 to Forest. If we have to overturn a 2-0 lead at the Liberty then I think we can, especially given Forest ability to blow up in the second leg.

Player(s) to watch

Fabio Borini

swansea-fabio-borini-s-third_2589599.jpg

He is a 20 year old Italian on loan from Chelsea. You can tell he's trained with some of the best players in the world (in the video below he strikes the ball exactly like Drogba does), the lad oozes class and exists purely to score goals. last time he played against Forest he scored two goals.

Scott Sinclair

2659230-sinclair2_460_291.jpg?v=20101016T162630Z&h=fca48b27c8d447af260f05b161610081

signed for £500k from Chelsea in the summer, he has been outstanding this season, scoring 24 goals from the left wing. When he has the ball at his feet and space to run into he is frightening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hThTi5BqiN0

I'm a pretty easy going Swans fan so i wish all you Forest fans the best of luck and i hope then winner of our tie gets promoted. Lets hope we put on a hell of a show.

JACK ARMY

Even as a derby fan I've got to concede that the sending off was fair.

Damn my stubbornness for not betting on forest to go up via play offs, it's their year.

Guess most participants of this thread are at the game.

Obviously this isn't good for the Jacks, but they will presumingly out everyone behind the ball now and try and get out with a draw where as an open game might have given Forest chances??

i did think the FA conspiracy to stop a Cardiff Swansea final would be more transparant than an immediate red card in the first game.

Mate, don't be a prick. Why would the FA even care about a policing issue?

The only people who would have even considered it are the MET. you believe that the FA have tapped up the ref? Really? lol

You Are joking yea?

The only people who would have even considered it are the MET. you believe that the FA have tapped up the ref? Really? lol

You Are joking yea?

Yeah because in pervious encounters swansea and cardiff fans didn't do stuff like rip up the seating and throw it at each other. The FA would be bricking a swansea cardiff final. Not a great advert for the game.

You Are joking yea?

Of course I'm joking about an FA conspiracy to stop the tie happening, but don't be daft to think that the FA wouldn't breath a massive sigh of relief if it didn't happen.

They last thing they want is loads of trouble at a game to decide who gets in their precious league between two clubs that aren't even English.

If the game happens and it all kicks off (which it probably will) then the more reactionary press (Talksport, Tabloids, etc) will go mental and start calling for whichever horrible welsh team that won to be barred entry to the Prem. The FA really don't want all the shit Isurrounding this game - BUT the ties won't be fixed or anything. You couldn't fix play off semis anyway - far too mental to try and influence.

The jacks will win 5-0 tonight or something.

Of course I'm joking about an FA conspiracy to stop the tie happening, but don't be daft to think that the FA wouldn't breath a massive sigh of relief if it didn't happen.

They last thing they want is loads of trouble at a game to decide who gets in their precious league between two clubs that aren't even English.

If the game happens and it all kicks off (which it probably will) then the more reactionary press (Talksport, Tabloids, etc) will go mental and start calling for whichever horrible welsh team that won to be barred entry to the Prem. The FA really don't want all the shit Isurrounding this game - BUT the ties won't be fixed or anything. You couldn't fix play off semis anyway - far too mental to try and influence.

The jacks will win 5-0 tonight or something.

I have a lot of friends in Swansea, me and a mate came down from derby when we played you earlier in the season, think it ended 0-0 IIRC, and we got looked after in town after, loads of drinks and a brilliant night. It's no denying you lot hate Cardiff and I'm sure it's nit a family picnic when you meet, but to think the FA would tap a ref (refs?!) up to avoid an all welsh final is laughable. (and paranoiid / you'll end up in the looney bin thinking like that)

It's no bigger to them than the Manchester derby last month, very similar

I have a lot of friends in Swansea, me and a mate came down from derby when we played you earlier in the season, think it ended 0-0 IIRC, and we got looked after in town after, loads of drinks and a brilliant night. It's no denying you lot hate Cardiff and I'm sure it's nit a family picnic when you meet, but to think the FA would tap a ref (refs?!) up to avoid an all welsh final is laughable. (and paranoiid / you'll end up in the looney bin thinking like that)

It's no bigger to them than the Manchester derby last month, very similar

I don't bloody think that - Ive said it was a joke.

But the possibility of this game will be on the FAs radar. If next season it's West Ham vs Ipswich and Milwall vs Wigan. Do you think the FA would be slightly concerned about onenof the possible finals?

But the possibility of this game will be on the FAs radar. If next season it's West Ham vs Ipswich and Milwall vs Wigan. Do you think the FA would be slightly concerned about onenof the possible finals?

Good point, Ipswich Vs Wigan sounds well tasty.

This threads going to get well depressing isn't it... when the Forest boys get in i mean.

dawson_crying-1.gif

Should've had a penno, disallowed goal, but it wasn't the most convincing home performance ever. Apart from the last 10-15 minutes we let Swansea have too much of the ball.

Still, not ideal, but at 0-0 it's still pretty much a coin toss. Hopefully we've learned from lessons from last time we went to Swansea.

Good game. Good game.

The FA have no reason to care, why would they?

Anyway, Swansea were good for the point, you would have to be happy at that if you were a Swansea fan. 88 minutes with 10 men, So why can't I help thinking it's forests year? Wonder what the odds are?

The FA have no reason to care, why would they?

Because there is no "trouble in the Prem" ;-) and two horrible welsh teams brawling down Wembley Way to win a place there isn't a good advert for the brand.

Anyhoo - to be continued next Tuesday night if it is going to happen.

Just got back, and that was a very poor game. The sending off ruined the game.

Swansea were the better team in the first half and it looked like forest had 10 men. The in the second half forest were the much better team, but couldnt make thier possession count. Swansea just sat back and blocked forest from doing anything. I think lee camp only made 2 saves in the entire game?

Looked like a handball from where I was sat, which was admittedly the opposite side of the ground :lol:

But on the radio after the game they were saying it shouldve been a penalty so swansea got away with one. Why was earnshaws goal dissallowed, i couldnt really see it?

Anyhoo, yeah woeful game of football and its a shame forest couldnt match thier fans enthusiasm.

Credit to swansea, and thier keeper made some brilliant saves to keep them in it.

Anyone know why the moose wasnt playing or even on the bench? Is he frickin injured again? And findley?

What the fuck is the point in nathan tyson? And it was great to see mccleary come on and make an impact for all of 1 minute.

Just got back. Disappointing first half, everyone around me (myself included) was getting pretty angry at the negetive passing. The sending off really did ruin the game.

We can't have had more than 2 or 3 shots on goal that entire game. We played a lot of balls sideways and out wide, but it just kept getting played back in or again to the wing. I wasn't impressed with Moloney on the right at all.

Swansea were chanting "were going to wembley" after full time. They're probably right to be celebrating this like a win. The only thing I can take from it as consolation is that weve bottled it at home every other time weve gone out the playoffs and done pretty well away from home. Circumstance paints it as a pretty bad result but 0-0 isn't the end of the world. Game on in Swansea.

Couple of players offside for Earnshaw's goal, good work from the defence.

Cheers fella, I was right at the other end so only saw the net ripple and aload of players.

Just got back. Disappointing first half, everyone around me (myself included) was getting pretty angry at the negetive passing. The sending off really did ruin the game.

We can't have had more than 2 or 3 shots on goal that entire game. We played a lot of balls sideways and out wide, but it just kept getting played back in or again to the wing. I wasn't impressed with Moloney on the right at all.

Swansea were chanting "were going to wembley" after full time. They're probably right to be celebrating this like a win. The only thing I can take from it as consolation is that weve bottled it at home every other time weve gone out the playoffs and done pretty well away from home. Circumstance paints it as a pretty bad result but 0-0 isn't the end of the world. Game on in Swansea.

I think we had a couple of shots in the second half, and thier keeper was outstanding.

Im glad the swans are chanting that, as hopefully that kind of overconfidence will seep through to thier team.

To be honest, ive written forest off now. If they cant find the enthusiasm to play in front of that kind of crowd,against 10 men, in such a huge game...just how the heck are they going to go to swansea and get anything.

Got a feeling we are going to get tonked.

0-0 isnt a bad result, but when you play against 10 men for 90 minutes and muster only a handful of shots on target- then its an awful result.

A slight consolation I think might be that if we'd won 1-0, then the next game would've been Swansea on the all out attack and Forest on the uber-defensive, which would surely have ended rather badly for Forest and would've made a terrible game to watch. At 0-0, Swansea will possibly sit back a little deeper than normal as they'll be aware of Forest's main threat away from home is a quick passing game on the counter-attack.

Moussi must've still been injured, despite reports saying he was available. I'm pretty sure Davies said Findley won't play again this season. Shame, as we could've done with both.

I hope we go with pace in the away game. Lots and lots of pace.

Shame Majewski has fallen out of favour with Davies. Always a threat, but he's been a tad shit this season. Woe.

Also, it was definitely a penalty. I don't think the defender really meant it, but it was on target, possibly going in and he waving his arm around a bit too much, which you can't do when you're only a yard or two from your own goal.

It feels like a chance wasted after the sending off, that's what's annoying me the most i think. I think Forest will give Swansea a better game away.

That Borini(sp?) can certainly strike a football btw.