Football League Championship 2010/11 Official Thread

Rex Grossman

If roles were reversed Id be the same.

Plus I think Cardif vs Swansea at Wembley will probably see us both thrown out the league.

If we don't get thrown out after a possible Milwall semi.

Swansea v cardiff at wemblet would be a nightmare scenario. The london police wouldn't have a clue what hit them. If it does happen then I think they should reschedule the match for the millenium stadium as at least that can be policed by police with the necessary experience of derby matches. Also the place is so close to the train/ bus stations that it would be easy for fans to leave/ escape.

He looks like Taggart!

Heh, he does aswell!

He also looks like he should be on star trek

Getting really nervous about forest vs scunthorpe. Im sitting in a different part of the ground to usual, in the lower bridgford no less, and the last time I sat there- robert prosenscki scored an 85th minute winner for pompey against forest as pompey marched up to the premier league.

I hope thats not some wierd bad luck.

Thoughts on the QPR situation? I don't think they'll get deducted enough to put them into the playoffs, it will cause chaos. They would appeal the decision and the playoffs would be delayed until June/July. Reckon they'll get a suspended points deduction at most.

Swans away to Millwall today, we will rest a good few players, not bothered about the result, we just need to avoid injury and suspension. You going to the game Elmo/CJ?

Thoughts on the QPR situation? I don't think they'll get deducted enough to put them into the playoffs, it will cause chaos. They would appeal the decision and the playoffs would be delayed until June/July. Reckon they'll get a suspended points deduction at most.

They should get a massive fine. If they dont get a points deduction, but are found guilty like west ham,then its opening them up to being sued by everyone in the division who misses out on promotion, or the play offs, or the even the teams that have lost to them and got relegated.

It could get messy.

Chances are though, nothing will happen.

Swans away to Millwall today, we will rest a good few players, not bothered about the result, we just need to avoid injury and suspension. You going to the game Elmo/CJ?

I bloody hope not! You lot need to beat millwall for us!

Can't see Qpr getting a significant points deduction due o the chaos it'll cause.

If Swansea are resting players then they certainly don't see it happen as they could still chase us down for third which could be 2nd

Cheers to Roscoe for his first Leed goal today - probably better that Burnley can't get in the play offs than can for our game next Saturday (if it matters/not saying that we will win it if they have nothing to play for/stress stress stress)

Good call. I'm also hoping for Cardiff to go up automatically (I'm a Jack), I reckon it would be great if we both did.

I want Swansea, Blackpool and QPR in one crazy week of fixtures add in Fulham, Wigan, Brum and Stoke and there are 7 potential Prem ties that Ive seen with Cardiff in the third tier (and in sone case the 4th tier).

Of course - we could play Qpr, Blackpool and The Jacks in the Championship next year if things get very weird.

Forest beating Scunny 3-1 at the moment. Should mean we make the play-offs. It'd only take Leeds winning at QPR by a couple of goals and us losing at Crystal Palace by a couple of goals to change things, which I suppose is possible, but I can start feeling a bit more confident at the end of today if things stay as they are.

I'm not actually particularly excited about the play-offs this year, because we're Nottingham Forest and we don't do the play-offs, but still, it's nice to think you've got a chance.

Just got back from the city ground, hell of a performance from forest today.

Farcicaly decision to send earnshaw off in the last minute for taking a free kick early :facepalm:

Millwall lost, burnley lost which means leeds are forests last hurdle for a play off spot...but our goal difference is 6 better off so leeds would need to stick a couple past qpr whilst forest would have to leak a few at palace.

Looks good so far, but you never know!

YOU REDS!

Ahh, should've gone to the City Ground today... amazing result... last time we properly spanked a team was Derby I think... you have to feel for Scunthorpe fans though.

Looking good, only way we can mess this up now is if we completely implode and strive to concede as many goals as possible right at the end of the season... and we usually leave that until the play-off semi finals :). Hopefully there'll be a bit of a party atmosphere away at Palace next saturday! I can't see us getting anywhere in the playoffs... if we do make top 6 it's a great achievement though, Billy, the players, and the staff all deserve a lot of credit.

One of the best 0-0 draws I can remember seeing today. Shane Long was particularly wasteful first half.

After the lap of honour Keiren Westwood made one of his own, I think of it as a farewell tour.

I needed a goal in that game for an 8 way accumulator, I was not happy.

Trying to recall when forest 'properly spanked' derby

Oh yeah, cus it never happened.

Derby were fucking rubbish today, still robbie savage has gone, good riddance, prick

Somone's grumpy this afternoon. Have a nap x

Champions :) at least until tuesday.

To be honest I think we will escape a points penalty altogether or they will hit us with something stupid like 20 points to put us out the equation altogether.

Fingers crossed it's the former. The league doesn't lie and all that. We are deserved winners. Just hope Adel stays for one season in the prem.

Trying to recall when forest 'totally spanked' derby

errrr,

0,,10308~9294391,00.jpg

You forgot that already? It was only in january.

Heres another reminder, just to help you out

Nottingham+Forest+v+Derby+County+npower+Championship+M0TjlWY6Ij-l.jpg

And just because, im that kind of guy, who likes to help others....heres one more

Nottingham+Forest+v+Derby+County+npower+Championship+dh0TRnKm_5Al.jpg

Dont think derby had a good journey back down the A 5 -2 that night

The lonliest man on earth....wah wah wahhhhhhhhh

Nottingham+Forest+v+Derby+County+npower+Championship+Dwiyk9kFVVtl.jpg

If you need any more help, just ask- im more than happy to give you a minute by minute account of that game, and then the following game 2 weeks later when we took 3 points at prideless park;)

Happy to help.

Swansea deserved that. Best team I've seen at the den by far.

Forest also deserve it. 5-1? Can't argue with that.

Still, it's been a great season and I can see a good year ahead.

Got to say its been a great year for millwall. Well done to you. Good luck for next season, and i hope you continue to build on it!

Its great that forest came alive at the end of the season, but id have more faith in millwall to get to the final than forest!

Ahh, should've gone to the City Ground today... amazing result... last time we properly spanked a team was Derby I think... you have to feel for Scunthorpe fans though.

Looking good, only way we can mess this up now is if we completely implode and strive to concede as many goals as possible right at the end of the season... and we usually leave that until the play-off semi finals :). Hopefully there'll be a bit of a party atmosphere away at Palace next saturday! I can't see us getting anywhere in the playoffs... if we do make top 6 it's a great achievement though, Billy, the players, and the staff all deserve a lot of credit.

Yep, it was a perfect day really. Gorgeous sunshine all afternoon, forest spanking scunny,derby losing again and most results going in forests favour.

It was one of forests best performances of the season really, with everyone playing really well. Boyd did a great job and is now 6 goals in 6 starts + 3 sub appearances.

Mcgugan though, hes a special player. Ran everything, chased everything...awesome.

Chambo aswell, man of the match and player of the season!

I would feel for the scunny fans, but i had one of them texting me through the game claiming they were robbed :rolleyes:

I think its a great achievement for us to make the play offs after deciding to not bother strengthening the team in the summer, but i like you think we'll go out to cardiff anyway. They look very good at the mo, and forest are still up and down.

That said, we arent there yet and leeds can still overtake us.

It was a great team effort though, which was nice to see.

Trying to recall when forest 'properly spanked' derby

Derby were fucking rubbish today, still robbie savage has gone, good riddance, prick

Lolz. Don't try and give Derby fans a bad name with a hissyfit. You must've watched the game where Derby lost 5-2? It should've been 10-2.

Poor Robbie Savage. He's alright, that guy.

Champions :) at least until tuesday.

To be honest I think we will escape a points penalty altogether or they will hit us with something stupid like 20 points to put us out the equation altogether.

Fingers crossed it's the former. The league doesn't lie and all that. We are deserved winners. Just hope Adel stays for one season in the prem.

even though we'd potentially benefit (or more likely manage to finish behind Swansea) I hope you just get a fine.

Far too late to remove points now, you are the best team and whatever happens could be appealed and throw the league into chaos.

Plus after a last 4 game collapse 2 years ago and losing at wembley last year - I want victorious stressful win at Burnley or a wembley win NOT promotion via BBC sport while Im in work

Lolz. Don't try and give Derby fans a bad name with a hissyfit. You must've watched the game where Derby lost 5-2? It should've been 10-2.

Poor Robbie Savage. He's alright, that guy.

To say I was pissed when I wrote that would be somewhat of an understatement.

Does read a bit OTT

Still don't like Savage, sober, or not.

I'm hoping that QPR get docked enough points to see them drop out of the playoffs.

Mostly to see how Warnock will react...