Football League Championship 2010/11 Official Thread

Rex Grossman

Tonight is huge night for both Norwich & Forest. It certianly won't wrap up the whole play off situation, but Norwich will be doing us (Millwall) and Leeds a huge favour.

Not sure how we will do against Coventry on Saturday at the Ricoh. As well as the Bristol City game, this was one of the matches I saw as a guarenteed banana skin. Coventry haven't got much to play for and there's not the same pressure on them to get results.

Really hoping that McQuoid steps up to the plate and can bag his first goal in a Lions shirt.

Sorry Ork1927, I've written Burnley off. I just can't see you getting back into it on current form (lost 5 out of last 6).

No need to apologise - they aren't my team. Just hope they beat the Jacks tomorrow, but then slip away so we can lots of tickets for our inevitable "screw up getting 2nd place on the last day of the season by doing something really stupid" celebrations

Tonight is huge night for both Norwich & Forest. It certianly won't wrap up the whole play off situation, but Norwich will be doing us (Millwall) and Leeds a huge favour.

Not sure how we will do against Coventry on Saturday at the Ricoh. As well as the Bristol City game, this was one of the matches I saw as a guarenteed banana skin. Coventry haven't got much to play for and there's not the same pressure on them to get results.

Really hoping that McQuoid steps up to the plate and can bag his first goal in a Lions shirt.

Obviously I'm hoping for a Forest win.

If we then beat Pompey tomorrow then we'd be 4 points clear going into the Easter week-end :omg:

The last time I was this nervous before a forest game, was the blackpool home leg...and that ended badly (screw you davebamber!!! :lol: )

This game could make or break our season. If we win tonight, against the odds, it puts alot of pressure on presumed play off finalists - leeds. It sets forest up with momentum to go forward into the final 4 games of the season.

If forest lose, whilst its not technically impossible to still make the play offs....its incredibly unlikely.

Bollocks. I hate football.

Stupid Norwich.

Nerves on for today now as suddenly winning 4 on the spin looks much more difficult that it did after Tuesdays game.

Got to win or could be 5 behind if Norwich win the derby on Thursday with the champions elect visiting us on Saturday.

And lol at Leeds - bound to mess up now.

Back to second - thanks to Pompey who came to attack with 3 up front - Nugent, Ginge and Jack. But decided to go mental instead - we went one up, they had a fit and had a player sent off after 20 mins. Pretty much game over.

A comfortable win, although we maybe should have pressed them more to get their goal difference up.

Bellamy has turned into the player we thought we were getting all game every game over the last 4 games. Running riot, setting up goals, getting into rucks.

He seems determined to drag us to the Prem kicking and screaming

If your lot do QPR then I think it's all over. In theory we should win all of our last four, but I doubt we will. 9 points at best, I think...but probably more like 7. Cardiff and Swansea are the two best sides I've seen us play this season, and it'd only be fair for one of them to go up - just hope it's not at our expense.

Bizarre how these things work though, away at both Cardiff and Swansea we looked far inferior, but both sides have dropped points against teams we've demolished. Meanwhile, we've taken four points from both QPR and Reading, both of them looking very ordinary against us.

Just completed the table predictor on the BBC website, seeing us in second with 84 points.....I wouldn't read too much into it, I've never won a bet in my life.

That's what's so great about the Championship, you really can't predict anything. QPR should have thumped Scunthorpe last week, but didn't. Boro were one of the favourites for promotion, but have only just managed to drag themselves out of the relegation battle.

Reading are the ones to watch now, on an incredible run (a bit like Crystal Palace a couple of years ago)

On paper, you've got like Forest's run-in a bit more, but then again, Forest are better at ballsing things up in spectacular style, so 'on paper' doesn't mean a thing. Millwall and Leicester are still in it, but realistically, it's between Leeds, Forest and Hull for sixth seeing as the top five are pretty much set. EXCITING, ISN'T IT?

Reading are interesting - hell of a winning run, but if they don't get 2nd despite keeping winning then can they keep it up for another 3 games for the play offs??

Got to be the closest battle for 2nd in this league for years and years