Football League Championship 2010/11 Official Thread

Rex Grossman

Totally agree, Dorus won us that game.

Correct. Holt should've done been with that early chance on the rebound, and the game could've been very different had that gone in. Two special goals though and despite some decent pressure in the 2nd half, we never really looked like scoring. 3-0 was harsh, but we lost to the better team. Really need six points from the next two games now.

Just back from Doncaster - good away trip wih a very undeserved win. We weren't very good and held on to a lead against the run of play. They equalised and a loss looked likely.

Then Jason 'great for us a few years ago, but has done less than nothing this season, washed up, wish we could send him back to Wigan' came on and scored a terrific free kick and thn scored another one (instead of us throwing the game away)

A thankyou to our west Wales friends for their win. Roll on Tuesday for the next round of twists and turns.

Another late show by Boro again this week, this time with a last minute winner against Sheffield U. It's about time we got a few late goals as we are usually the team conceding last minute goals :-).

So happy with Mowbray already, it's still got a lot of work to do but we look a million times better now than when strachan was in charge. Really looking forward to next season already :-)

An away point is good, but we should have taken all three at Pride Park. Between chances missed and the fact that both goals were needlessly conceded set-pieces (as soon as King started towards the ball I knew he wouldn't make the tackle) I felt hard done by.

Crikey - we are back in 2nd, Reading continue their charge up the league, Forest are back in the play-off hunt and Leeds suddenly look vunerable.

3 points between 4 clubs for automatic. Should be an interesting 5 games.

Now off to try and convince the wife to give me a pass for our last 2 away games, with the additional likelyhood of play-off hell as well.

Derby were pretty awesome last night, deserved the win. Scoring 2 in quick succession like that straight after leeds tossers giving it the big un made it even better, bit tense at the end but our defence was dogged, only downside was doing Forest a favor, still they were shocking apparently? (Don't shoot the messenger, that's from the mouth of a Forest fan, this AM) oh and Savage hinting at extending a season after the game <_< Still - good night was had by all (well, most)

Derby were pretty awesome last night, deserved the win. Scoring 2 in quick succession like that straight after leeds tossers giving it the big un made it even better, bit tense at the end but our defence was dogged, only downside was doing Forest a favor, still they were shocking apparently? (Don't shoot the messenger, that's from the mouth of a Forest fan, this AM) oh and Savage hinting at extending a season after the game <_< Still - good night was had by all (well, most)

Forest werent great last night, but they were far from shocking. Just sort of dominated the game from start to finish, without much really happening.

We werent quite derby levels of rammel :P

Some polish woman sat next to me was a friend of majewski's, and at one point tapped me on the shoulder to tell me I was pronouncing his name wrong.

However, I did point out I was actually saying "konchesky", and then had to point out to her that he was a different player, and show her who he was.....this was in the 80th minute and shed never heard of him.

She apologised and shut up then :D

There was also a stupid woman sat behind me, who claimed it was the worst shed ever seen forest play. I had to turn round and tell her, she must not have seen many games then.

But it was a great win for forest last night, if not a great performance. But it was a pretty one sided game from the kick off, and it shouldve been more emphatic. Hopefully it will give the players a lift, and push them into a strong ending to the season.

Findley is back in training now, and ned was saying they think he might feature on friday as a sub.

And norwich could be missing grolt. Please god let him be out!

Crikey, I wasn't expecting us to beat Portsmouth 3-0. A clean sheet? Hanging on to a lead? Away?

Who is this team, and where are they keeping Coventry City hostage?

You looked a decent side on Saturday, until we got a goal from nowhere I thought we were going to get hammered. Then your confidence went.

Well that's Leicesters season over. Needed three points last night to stand any remote chance of sneaking in the playoffs, but Crystal Palace's timewasting from the 40th minute onwards put paid to that. Oh well. Been a mixed season, looked like we could be relegation candidates until Sven turned up, and he's pretty much transformed the team. Will be interesting to see what happens in the summer, as we'll lose all our loanees, a couple of whom (Vitor, Mee and Naughton) have been our best players recently. Kamara has been very good for us since joining on loan as well, so we may try and sign him permanently, which will no doubt coincide with a slump in form as he gives up once he has a contract as seems to happen quite often with loanees.

Forest werent great last night, but they were far from shocking. Just sort of dominated the game from start to finish, without much really happening.

Some polish woman sat next to me was a friend of majewski's, and at one point tapped me on the shoulder to tell me I was pronouncing his name wrong.

However, I did point out I was actually saying "konchesky", and then had to point out to her that he was a different player, and show her who he was.....this was in the 80th minute and shed never heard of him.

There was also a stupid woman sat behind me, who claimed it was the worst shed ever seen forest play. I had to turn round and tell her, she must not have seen many games then.

But it was a great win for forest last night, if not a great performance. But it was a pretty one sided game from the kick off, and it shouldve been more emphatic. Hopefully it will give the players a lift, and push them into a strong ending to the season.

Findley is back in training now, and ned was saying they think he might feature on friday as a sub.

Fair enough. He was present when you won the European cup so I guess a win scraped against a 10 man Burnley doesn't do much for him ^_^

You got to learn to bite your lip when you're at the football, always some ill informed idiot that thinks that everyone else needs to hear their bull shit. The amount of bollocks they spout is almost always exponential to the volume in which its delivered.

In fairness, I was working in Poland last week and kept getting corrected as to how I was pronouncing peoples names / places, even though it's pretty fucking impossible to do it correctly without learning complicated rules of their language. Such as zxvyvccz = f. So maybe they are overly touchy.

I think "awesome" is a bit far, we were still shadows of what we were during our run. The first half for both teams was utterly atrocious, nothing to enjoy for anyone in the stadium. The Leeds fans amused themselves by throwing around a ball they'd stolen amongst themselves.

Stephen "rubbish" Pearson somehow mustered five minutes of brilliance, having a huge part in both goals, and what a finish from Ben "fat and slow" Davies. Very Paul Scholes, that corner.

I love and hate Savage in equal measure. His entertainment factor and charisma cannot be ignored, and he sure as hell makes it more interesting if nothing else. We so very much need some kind of creative midfielder, however, or at least someone who is confident enough to hold onto the ball for three seconds and direct some form of attack that isn't 'whack the ball up to Davies', who just isn't good enough to be an effective target man.

We sorely miss Commons or an in-form Bueno, someone to inject a bit of excitement and unpredictability into our play. Pearson showed flashes of great wingplay but it's just so rare. Ward and Robinson both played well, but lacked the support they deserved.

Crikey, I wasn't expecting us to beat Portsmouth 3-0. A clean sheet? Hanging on to a lead? Away?

Who is this team, and where are they keeping Coventry City hostage?

Maybe it was all the uncertainty over finance that was making the players nervous?

Was happy when Ipswich took the lead against Middlesborough, couldn't believe the scoreline at half-time and then the final score - 3-3! Considering Boro were one of the favourites for promotion at the start of the season and we promptly thrashed them 3-1 under Roy Keane, a draw now reflects where we both are - mid-table.

Fair enough. He was present when you won the European cup so I guess a win scraped against a 10 man Burnley doesn't do much for him ^_^

You got to learn to bite your lip when you're at the football, always some ill informed idiot that thinks that everyone else needs to hear their bull shit. The amount of bollocks they spout is almost always exponential to the volume in which its delivered.

So true :)

Everyone wants to be seen as an expert, and they want you to know it. Its some of the stuff they come out with though that tickles me - its always so negative.

Even my mrs told someone to shurrup because they were talking bullshit- and she knows nothing about football :D

Derby look safe now, do you think they'll rebuild well over the summer? I saw some quote from your owners saying if the fans arent happy with derbys summer business- they can have a refund on season tickets.

I think "awesome" is a bit far, we were still shadows of what we were during our run. The first half for both teams was utterly atrocious, nothing to enjoy for anyone in the stadium. The Leeds fans amused themselves by throwing around a ball they'd stolen amongst themselves.

Stephen "rubbish" Pearson somehow mustered five minutes of brilliance, having a huge part in both goals, and what a finish from Ben "fat and slow" Davies. Very Paul Scholes, that corner.

I love and hate Savage in equal measure. His entertainment factor and charisma cannot be ignored, and he sure as hell makes it more interesting if nothing else. We so very much need some kind of creative midfielder, however, or at least someone who is confident enough to hold onto the ball for three seconds and direct some form of attack that isn't 'whack the ball up to Davies', who just isn't good enough to be an effective target man.

We sorely miss Commons or an in-form Bueno, someone to inject a bit of excitement and unpredictability into our play. Pearson showed flashes of great wingplay but it's just so rare. Ward and Robinson both played well, but lacked the support they deserved.

Don't blow the buzz, compared to some of the complete shit we've had to sit through this season, we were awesome. Agree about Pearson, where that performance came from, I'm not entirely sure. Commons wasn't interested by the time he left, but I agree we miss some flair, I still believe in Robinson having more that he has shown us so far, but I know there are a fair few neigh sayers.

As for Savage, utter wanker and I'll be glad to see the back of him, can't deny he was a decent player and holds the ball up well but he's a liability half of the time nowadays. What you gain in organisational skills you lose by cheap give aways, and ill never forgive him for that Leicester moment, which led to me getting into a post of bother post match all them years ago.

@ IH

As far as the owners go, I'm pretty indifferent. Every ones in football for money nowadays, so take your pick. Talk to some people who have been invited into see them following E-Mail concerns who come away reckoning they have big plans, others think they're a bunch of crooks. Truth's probably somewhere in the middle, i.e. they're in it to make some money, but know a decent proviso of increasing this is by being successful

You looked a decent side on Saturday, until we got a goal from nowhere I thought we were going to get hammered. Then your confidence went.

I thought the same. After the equaliser we seemed too tense as if we were a little too desperate to make up for conceding the lead.

That Robinson kid who came on looked pretty bright.

I'll be sad to see Robbie Savage go. His Twitter account is brilliant as he's the #1 Football Troll.

I think Sirloin might have written Leicester off a bit early. On paper, they've arguably one of the strongest eleven in the league. You've only got Leeds, Forest and Millwall above you, all capable of a massive balls-up, so stick 3 wins together on the trot and you're back in business. The Forest vs. Leicester game on the 22nd should be a bit of corker anyway.

Looking forward to seeing what Robbie Findley can do for us. Our forward selection, despite being so vast, depresses me greatly.

Oh, and how's the Moose looked since he got back?

The moose has been his typical self. Most of the time looks excellent, but then at times makes the most farcical mistake like passing the ball to the opposition. Thats all that lets him down.

But, mostly hes been very good.

Im just reading eddie howes comments about the red card last night, and im quite miffed.

At the time, I thought it was a red, but wanted to reserve judgement after what had happened with the cohen fiasco.

But on burnleys website, within the article about eddie howe slamming the red card - theres 2 photos that make it look like a definite red. His studs on both feet are up and hes going through chambers in the top 1. The bottom one is even worse, as chambers right foot is being bent the wrong way as a result of the challenge and that couldve been very serious.

As I say though, after the cohen shenanigans- I actually think the ref got this one spot on.

I'll be sad to see Robbie Savage go. His Twitter account is brilliant as he's the #1 Football Troll.

I think Sirloin might have written Leicester off a bit early. On paper, they've arguably one of the strongest eleven in the league. You've only got Leeds, Forest and Millwall above you, all capable of a massive balls-up, so stick 3 wins together on the trot and you're back in business. The Forest vs. Leicester game on the 22nd should be a bit of corker anyway.

Looking forward to seeing what Robbie Findley can do for us. Our forward selection, despite being so vast, depresses me greatly.

Oh, and how's the Moose looked since he got back?

Nah if we had won last night I would have given us a decent chance, but I think we just have too much ground to make up now. Throwing away the lead at Middlesborough the other week and not being able to turn pressure into goals last night have cost us.

I'm not ready to right Leicester off yet but we have thrown away a great chance to make the playoffs by throwing away a the win against Boro and not taking care of Palace. Our form has been better in the last few games but we've lacked that killer instinct. If we get lucky and get a win against in form Reading (unlikely I know but anything can happen in this league, who would have thought Scunthorpe would beat QPR the other week) then we could be back in it.

There are 5 sides going for that final playoff place and they all seem like they want to throw the chance away. Leeds have started to stutter, Forest are in poor form, we've tailed off and Hull are inconsistent. Only Millwall are pulling results together right now but there are question marks over whether they can keep it up.

My money's on the Lions for the last playoff spot but if Leicester pick up points against Reading and Forest then they'll be right back in it.