Football League Championship 2010/11 Official Thread

Rex Grossman

Forest were beaten by the ref today. Leeds were gash, and forest in the first half were outstanding and looked like they were going to give leeds a hiding.

Typical dirty leeds though, grayson (who is a c***) runs onto the pitch to harrass the ref and gets cohen sent off. Halsey is a spineless coward, who shouldnt be officiating football matches. He got every decision wrong. The cohen sending off was shocking, as he got the ball and not even the man- the leeds player ran into him!

If those kinds of challenges are illegal, what the fuck has football become? May aswell watch basketball instead.

Then his farcical booking of gunter for diving, despite him being cleared flattened by a leeds player.

I knew we were in for a bad ref, when just prior to kick off the ref was shown hugging certain leeds players.

Farcical stuff.

Away from that, props to forest- i thought they played really well otherwise and gave everything.

Leeds, do you smell that? Can you tell what that is?

It is the smell of fear. The alluring scent of a Lion approaching it's prey ready to pounce and rip you to shreds. Far too long this season, you have somehow managed to rise up the table and sit in the play offs as if by right or virtue.

Come Saturday 9th April, when you bring your fans to the dark side of South London, don't expect any favours, don't expect an easy day's work. We will give you the most vociferous, bottle breaking, earth shattering atmosphere that you will EVER have been in and come next Saturday, you will not only smell, but SEE that little old Millwall are on your tail licking their lips and tearing you to pieces.

We are evil. We are the Lions. WE ARE MILLWALL!

(I'm in a promo cutting mood right now and I cannot wait for next week!!)

Forest were beaten by the ref today. Leeds were gash, and forest in the first half were outstanding and looked like they were going to give leeds a hiding.

Typical dirty leeds though, grayson (who is a c***) runs onto the pitch to harrass the ref and gets cohen sent off. Halsey is a spineless coward, who shouldnt be officiating football matches. He got every decision wrong. The cohen sending off was shocking, as he got the ball and not even the man- the leeds player ran into him!

If those kinds of challenges are illegal, what the fuck has football become? May aswell watch basketball instead.

Then his farcical booking of gunter for diving, despite him being cleared flattened by a leeds player.

I knew we were in for a bad ref, when just prior to kick off the ref was shown hugging certain leeds players.

Farcical stuff.

Away from that, props to forest- i thought they played really well otherwise and gave everything.

It was never a red card, but the ref didn't give it. The linesman did.

Leeds, do you smell that? Can you tell what that is?

It is the smell of fear. The alluring scent of a Lion approaching it's prey ready to pounce and rip you to shreds. Far too long this season, you have somehow managed to rise up the table and sit in the play offs as if by right or virtue.

Come Saturday 9th April, when you bring your fans to the dark side of South London, don't expect any favours, don't expect an easy day's work. We will give you the most vociferous, bottle breaking, earth shattering atmosphere that you will EVER have been in and come next Saturday, you will not only smell, but SEE that little old Millwall are on your tail licking their lips and tearing you to pieces.

We are evil. We are the Lions. WE ARE MILLWALL!

(I'm in a promo cutting mood right now and I cannot wait for next week!!)

Jesus CJ, what's all this?

Millwall Ran Rule 17: NEVER expect Millwall to win.

It wasn't a red but if you do a two footed tackle off the ground you are taking a risk. It looked awful in real time, and mistimed you are going to hurt the other player. Worth a booking. In any case, you should have been celebrating a goal at that point. We were mostly cack but we at least know where the goal is.

It wasn't a red but if you do a two footed tackle off the ground you are taking a risk. It looked awful in real time, and mistimed you are going to hurt the other player. Worth a booking. In any case, you should have been celebrating a goal at that point. We were mostly cack but we at least know where the goal is.

It wasn't two footed was it?

It wasn't a red but if you do a two footed tackle off the ground you are taking a risk. It looked awful in real time, and mistimed you are going to hurt the other player. Worth a booking.

It wasnt though.

It was a great challenge. If the leeds player had the ball, then fair enough- but he didnt. The ball was equal distance betweem the 2 of them and bouncing. Cohen got thier first, and took the ball cleanly. The leeds player got there slightly later, hence why he ran into the cohens shoulder blades.

It was basically a block, and not a tackle as there was no player with the ball to tackle. It wasnt 2 footed either.

What chris cohen did was perfectly within the rules, and theres no foul committed anywhere. If referees are suddenly allowed to invent rules about what might have happened if it had gone differently- then thats killing the game.

The rules are there to be implemented for when things actually occur- not when they mightve occured under different circumstances.

Simon grayson shouldve been sent to the stands, his antics were disgraceful.

We shouldve been celebrating a goal, but then again tudgay is frickin dire now :D

Congrats on the win, theres nothing to say you wouldnt have won in the second half even if we did have 11 men.

Its just that its a terrible decison by the ref and his linesman, brought about largely by the leeds players, and simon graysons antics.

If cohen had committed a foul or a horror challenge then yeah, but as it stands forest were beaten in the end by a referee making a very bad decision- the wrong one.

Good win for us today, although we've now scored 14 goals in the last 3 hoke games against the Rams.

Worth catching the highlights for a shocking open goal miss by Derby after we'd gone 2-0 up. So had that Cityfans had their heads in their hands.

Saturday/Tuesday games next week will be very interesting. Anyone who can manage 6 points could be in good shape for a run at auto/play offs unless bloody Norwich win both.

The Leeds/Milwall/Cardiff/Swansea play off of death still remains a possibilty, but I do fancy Reading to take one of the spots

I suggest you watch that challenge again in real time, from the angle Grayson saw it. It looks awful. Referees and linesmen dont have the benefit of three replays to determine it was slighty in front.

Excessive forces and a booking is entirely reasonable. He is off the ground and less in control. If that tackle is even slightly worse, there is a good chance of injury.

Like I say, a sending off was harsh, but it wasnt a good challenge. And at 2 nil, which it should have been, its a hell of a lot harder for us to come back.

I suggest you watch that challenge again in real time, from the angle Grayson saw it. It looks awful. Referees and linesmen dont have the benefit of three replays to determine it was slighty in front.

Excessive forces and a booking is entirely reasonable. He is off the ground and less in control. If that tackle is even slightly worse, there is a good chance of injury.

Like I say, a sending off was harsh, but it wasnt a good challenge. And at 2 nil, which it should have been, its a hell of a lot harder for us to come back.

I have,sadly, watched many times over.

I totally agree that referees dont have the benefit of three replays, but that doesnt make it the correct decision.

I understand the point your making though :)

But its like saying stuart atwell was fine to give that phantom goal, because he thought it went in but didnt have the benefit of a replay to make the decision.

Do we start giving goals when a defender on the line clears the ball...because if it had been an inch to the left it wouldve gone in?

Of course not, thats completely ludicrous and are both extreme examples. But you dont make decisions based on what mightve happened- they are determined by what actually happened.

It doesnt matter about what mightve happened if that challenge was worse- because it wasnt, and thats a what if. We dont have rules based on what if.

In the same way you cant red card a player, for the possibility that he couldve fouled a player- when he didnt.

He won the ball fairly, and it was a 50/50. If anything the leeds player clattered into him, and followed through...not the other way around as cohens legs were far past the player and the leeds player stood on the ball, which is why he went over. Nothing to do with cohens feet, legs or anything else.

If there was intent to cause injury then fine, id agree he should go- but there wasnt intent, and he took the ball and didnt actually even foul the leeds player. The leeds player wasnt even in possession of the ball at the time, and was further away than cohen.

It was also a block with the outside of cohens boot, so its not like he went in feet first through the ball.

As I say, I appreciate that referees only get one view of it- but that doesnt make it any less of a mistake. There was no foul, thus it shouldnt have been a red card, and that essentially turned the game.

This is what incenses me- the fact it wasnt actually a foul, but he was red carded.

I still think you may have won, but as soon as the ref made that decision, which was the wrong one, the game pretty much changed forests position from being on top- to suddenly an uphill battle.

It made it worse to see the scenes of the ref hugging certain leeds players prior to the game and being very pally, and then to book our player for a dive towards the end when he was blatantly hacked down.

Theres no conspiracy, but it sure feels like there was :D

What irks me about grayson, is that he ran onto the pitch to hound the ref-whilst the leeds player did the same. Thats disgraceful behaviour. I think that keown and the bbc team had it right, when they said that probably influenced the ref/linesmans decision.

Also, his bizzare claim afterwards that its a 2 footed tackle...when it wasnt.

I watched the arsenal vs blackburn game tonight on espn, and jack wiltshere did exactly the same thing and a free kick wasnt even given. So why should different refs, have different rulebooks? Thats not right.

Its a consistency thing. You cant have different rules being applied by different referees.

Anyway, its done now- i'll stop ranting :)

We've got reading next which is a massive 6 pointer for both teams!

Cracking game at the Riverside between Boro and Leicester. Thought we were down and out at 3-1 (and would have got worse if strachan was still in charge) but could have even sneaked the win at the end.

Like I said, great game

Like I say, a sending off was harsh, but it wasnt a good challenge.

You're right - it wasn't a good challenge, it was a fucking tremendous challenge. If anything it's a foul by the Leeds player who goes in just as strongly but doesn't get the ball. But as hulk says, the ref and linesman were spineless cowards who don't understand the game and shouldn't be in charge of games at this level. It doesn't matter if it looked bad from the dugout, the linesman who is only a few yards from play should see it's a clean challenge and let play go on. Also the ref didn't call the foul, but then took his linesman's opinion. Let's remember that linesmen are linesmen because they're too shit to be refs! When stupid shit like this completely changes a game (and let's face it, only Forest were going to win before the red card) then officials can just fuck right off, and FIFA can just fuck right off too for refusing technology in the game. A replay would have took 10 seconds and not ruined the game.

So much for relaxing and enjoying the rest of the season... :D

EDIT: Oof, a neg for this post. A flash of red with no justification - is that you, Mr Halsey?

EDIT: More negs without bothering to discuss. Is this still a forum?

Is Townsend still doing well for you guys elmo/CJ?

Not bad, he's got a lot of competition so hasn't got into the side as much as he would have hoped but when i've seen him play he's been a threat. With Spurs doing so well this season, i hope we get the chance to sign him.

Cracking game at the Riverside between Boro and Leicester. Thought we were down and out at 3-1 (and would have got worse if strachan was still in charge) but could have even sneaked the win at the end.

Like I said, great game

We can't hold a lead, been a problem for a while now. Our defence looks very vulnerable if teams really go at us. Too many loanees I think.

You're right - it wasn't a good challenge, it was a fucking tremendous challenge. If anything it's a foul by the Leeds player who goes in just as strongly but doesn't get the ball. But as hulk says, the ref and linesman were spineless cowards who don't understand the game and shouldn't be in charge of games at this level. It doesn't matter if it looked bad from the dugout, the linesman who is only a few yards from play should see it's a clean challenge and let play go on. Also the ref didn't call the foul, but then took his linesman's opinion. Let's remember that linesmen are linesmen because they're too shit to be refs! When stupid shit like this completely changes a game (and let's face it, only Forest were going to win before the red card) then officials can just fuck right off, and FIFA can just fuck right off too for refusing technology in the game. A replay would have took 10 seconds and not ruined the game.

So much for relaxing and enjoying the rest of the season... :D

EDIT: Oof, a neg for this post. A flash of red with no justification - is that you, Mr Halsey?

EDIT: More negs without bothering to discuss. Is this still a forum?

I agree completely,it was an excellent block by cohen.

Not sure if you watched the football league show, but about 19 minutes in, it shows mark halsey hugging several of the leeds players, and being very pally with them, prior to kick off.

Im not saying theres foul play involved, but there were so many questionable decisions in the game that went leeds way, least of all the sending off for not comittiing a foul- you have to question the referees impartiality IMO.

Plus the fact that he wasnt the original referee, and for reasons yet to be revealed, the official was changed at the very last minute.

Im not saying it was all a con, as thats ridiculous, or that the refs obvious friendship with the leeds players was a big factor- but its pretty fucking outrageous.

The whole point is a ref is supposed to be completely impartial and neutral. That shouldnt even be able to be called into question- yet I think yesterday its completely questionable. Why is a ref with obvious personal ties to one of the teams- reffing a match involving them?

All it does it make one set of fans even more antagonised by a referee. In this era where they keep talking about respect the ref, then this sort of thing should not be happening.

I think keown and the bbc staff had it right, when they said more than anything it was graysons reaction that influenced the referee and the linesman. A reaction, where its against the rules for a manager to leave his technical area....let alone sprint on to the field of play.

Yet grayson isnt being punished?

Hmmm.

Anyway, sorry its all got bogged down in 1 sending off!

Mcclearys goal- when on earth did he start to be able to do that!? :lol:

I was very impressed with forest first half, we were excellent. So I actually feel really confident about the reading game. It should be a cracker!

My mrs has got me tickets for the castle club, for the burnley game. It includes a meal at the pitch diner before the game. You ever been?

I know its in the trent end, and the glass bit where they watch the game from was right behind my season ticket seat last year....but ive never figured out how to get into the pitch.

My mrs has got me tickets for the castle club, for the burnley game. It includes a meal at the pitch diner before the game. You ever been?

I know its in the trent end, and the glass bit where they watch the game from was right behind my season ticket seat last year....but ive never figured out how to get into the pitch.

My Dad got some comps there for a dire 1-0 loss to Southampton many years ago (like, ten years ago. It's probably more swish now). There's a big lounge dining area, with a seperate room that led to a seated area behind glass that must have seated about 30-40. Absolutely nobody was in there to watch the game apart from me. Even my Mum came, but she was just there for the booze.

I remember the shitty dining area in the Cloughie Stand, back when it was the Executive Stand. God, that was bleak. My Dad used to like going for some reason. It was like a poorly furbished Toby Carvery, stained with the tears of decades of disappointment, and filled with middle-aged men in bad jumpers. I had many a disappointing steak there.

Hahahah! I dont remember the one in the exec stand? Back when it was named that, I only really sat in the main stand or the trent end. I still remember being at the game when it was renamed the brian clough stand. Not only did I get to say hello to cloughie, but ade akinbiyi made his wolves debut in the same game, and noone recognised him after the game so I had a long chat with him :lol:

He was really nice...shame he turned up to be gash!

Cool, i like the idea of no one watching the game there as it gives me free choice of seats. Last season, you could see a lot of empty seats in there from where I was sat- so your right.

Id think more people would be interested in the game though, as it is burnley in another massive game for our promotion hopes.

Its hosted by a former forest player, not quite sure what that means. Im hoping its someone obscure like brian rice, or brett willaims :lol:

Wow. Scunthorpe were truly awful but I've not seen us control a game so thoroughly in....well, ever. That table looks amazing at present, take a point or more from Swansea next weekend and I'll be a true believer. Even if we lose we're still second though, football hasn't brought me this much joy in a good five years. Hooray!

We can't hold a lead, been a problem for a while now. Our defence looks very vulnerable if teams really go at us. Too many loanees I think.

Yes, hadn't realised you had 5-6 loan players in that team. Thought you looked pretty good, especially with Kamara, Vassell and Yak up front. That's not a bad attack :D

Maybe but 3-0 could easily have been 2-1 or even 2-2?

Your keeper well deserved mom.

Don't post in here cus I'm a derby fan, we were dire first half today but good for the draw overall I guess. Still forest fucking it up big style cheers me up