IGNORED

Football League Championship 2010/11 Official Thread

Rex Grossman

There was abit of a scuffle between judas and earnshaw at the end, and how moxey stayed on ill never know. It shouldve been 8, forest were so on top for 60 odd minutes or so.

metgod was sent to the stands for behaving like an utter twat. its uncalled for, hes still held in high regard here, yet he acts like that. its not even like there were any contentious decisions. The ref had a good game, and had it spot on really, clough and metgod (or the ghost of kinnear as he behaved like) had nothing to complain about in that respect.

Tyson was immense, i wish he could do that every game rather than twice a season. Hopefully it will continue.

Credit to the moose too, for 70mins he was astounding, sadly he fell apart after that, but so did everyone else.

Tudgay man of the match for me, he looks brilliant. He looks like hes been playing with earnie for years rather than 2 games. 5 goals between them in 2 games.

Bertrands out with a hamstring injury though:(

That might turn out to be a good thing in the end as it could mean we end up signing this Norweigan lad Jonathan Parr who's supposed to be rather useful.

True, but in the time that will take we've got a quick run of games. Hopefully they are sorting it out now, so its done as soon as the window opens. Losing shorey derailed us last season, gotta hope they are on the ball this time around. Thank god theres no james perch around.

Just a quick mention for majewski last night, the lad was spectacular. I think his performance has got lost amongst everything else...but he really showed his class last night. Some of his touches and passes, his reading of the game and the way he can pick out the most perfect of passes- combined with his ability to make the ball stick to his foot as he waltzs around everyone....hes just great.

I thought he was better than ramsay, who also had an excellent game.

Nottingham+Forest+v+Derby+County+npower+Championship+WCDOT8IAwyUl.jpg

I love this photo of earnie from last night! :D

Not meaning to break up the Forest love in, but sneaking under the radar is little old Millwall again.

Unbeaten in the last 6 games and slowly climbing up the table. OK, the games in hand everyone has with us, but we're starting to gain some consistency and the few times that we've got draws (Swansea especially), we could have easily have come away with 3 points.

We do tend to build pressure on ourselves though from time to time, but the players are really full of confidence like they were at the start of this season and everyone's adjusting at the right time.

New Years Day against Palace (which is looking like a sell out) will be another tough test as you can never predict how sides come out at local derby games. Hopefully, we'll be the Forest to Palace's Derby come full time.

I still can't fathom the shape of Robert Earnshaw's head. Such an odd looking, little creature who looks like he dwells under bridges.

I'm more surprised at how Warnock has handled Adel Taraabt to be honest. He's done well to get the best out of him and allow him to be himself. Unfortunately, when he's being himself, he sounds like a complete dick.

So, Laws has gone. I feel an immense sense of relief, even though he was a decent bloke and one who never rose to the baying from the terraces that he got from Day 1.

I see that Phil Brown has had a few words with his mates in the papers to position himself for the job. Hilariously, Sam Allardyce today publicly ruled himself out. There was geniunely more chance of Fat Sam getting the Inter gig than squeezing his frame behind the desk at the Turf.

My new desktop background

And mine too now, thanks. I'm a bit late here but couldn't type due to overwhelming smugness. We really did batter those sheepshaggers, didn't we? Could easily have been 8. Majewski & Tudgay were immense.

If we win our two games in hand (Barnsley at home first should be 3 points) then we're one point off second, along with about half of the division. Second place is anyone's this year.

Ramsey gone back from Forest too, did he even play?

He hasnt gone back yet. Wenger has said he wont extend the loan, and he'll be recalled after it expires on january the 3rd. He should play tomorrow vs barnsley and also should be available for ipswich away on the 3rd.

Unless it changes (which it well might), but according to wenger this morning its just not an extension of the loan. It says there he'll return on january the 3rd when his loan expires

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-why-i-won-t-extend-ramsey-loan

Im not too fussed, hes been worth it purely for his 60 minute masterclass against derby on wednesday night. Even if wenger does call him back early, the loan was more than worthwile for that :)

Im glad we had him for a short (bloody short!) time, but hopefully forest will be now trying to find a more permanent soloution.

Apparently we've bid for luke skywalker at barnsley?

I've decided that, despite his relative success, I'm sick of Billy Davies and his horrible face, his constant whinging and his threesome romps with Tommy Sheridan. Don't let him sign anyone in January and he'll resign, leaving us free to install a new manager. There's only two choices in the running for the job. Martin O'Neill & John Robertson are waiting by the phone, hoping and praying Nottingham Forest are going to call to ask them to come back to the City Ground to lead us to glory, but we might not fancy them. Now, if you were don't go for them, it's time to bring back...

He'd put the wind up 'em!

This was really just an excuse to post this song. It's brilliant, isn't it? I'm going to stand outside the City Ground every match day blaring this out of my ghetto blaster like I'm John Cusack in Say Anything until Stuart Pearce gives in and manage The Reds.

Fryatt gone to Hull for 1.2 million. I'm a bit sad to see him go, but Sven obviously doesn't rate him, and a lot of our fans think he'll never be up to much at Championship level despite his 12 goals in the first half of last season. He was our longest serving player, and a local boy as well, but I guess that sort of stuff doesn't count for much any more. Also looks like we've lost Greg Cunningham with a broken leg after a horror tackle in the Hull win. Ben Mee coming in on loan from Man City, and with us apparently sniffing around another centre back from Hibs, does this spell the end for Hobbs and Morrison? So basically the nucleus of the Pearson team which took us to the playoffs is being replaced by a load of loanees. Not quite sure how this is going to turn out.

Great result for forest today, with a wierd performance. Very tough, not pretty but effective.

Comedy referee strikes. he sends off leadbitter for a studs up challenge, but the game restarts with a free kick to ipswich :lol:

Up to 7th now, and only 6 points off second I think, with 2 games in hand.

Ramsays last game today, and he was excellent again.

Its been an enjoyable post christmas period, thumped the sheep shaggers 5-2, came back from 2 goals down to draw with barnsley, and won an away game thanks to a mental slice of luck.

Happy 2011!

Fryatt gone to Hull for 1.2 million. I'm a bit sad to see him go, but Sven obviously doesn't rate him, and a lot of our fans think he'll never be up to much at Championship level despite his 12 goals in the first half of last season. He was our longest serving player, and a local boy as well, but I guess that sort of stuff doesn't count for much any more. Also looks like we've lost Greg Cunningham with a broken leg after a horror tackle in the Hull win. Ben Mee coming in on loan from Man City, and with us apparently sniffing around another centre back from Hibs, does this spell the end for Hobbs and Morrison? So basically the nucleus of the Pearson team which took us to the playoffs is being replaced by a load of loanees. Not quite sure how this is going to turn out.

The thing with Fryatt is he's next to useless outside of a 4-4-2 and that's just not a system Sven is likely to play. It's not that he's a bad player, I'm sure he'll get a few goals at Hull, but he isn't right for Leicester and £1.2m is a fair price I'd say.