rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Rex Grossman

Football League Championship 2010/11 Official Thread

mowbray_300x420.jpg

Mowbray returns! Hardly a shocking move. I have no idea wether that is a good move, but when you hear that the other names on the short list were Megson, Brown and Ince then it seems the only logical choice.

They are actually quite average in terms of their style of play, but their predatory front line is so clinical and that's why they get the results.

Midfielders like Whittingham and Burke (not to mention Bellamy) are a joy to watch, especially the way they link up with Chopra and Bothroyd. :wub:

In case you missed this on Sunday: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2010/oct/24/bristol-city-david-james

Hows burke doing this season? He doesnt seem to be getting as much press, as thats mostly taken up by bellamy and whittingham this season.

He seemed like an excellent player last season:)

That david james article is quite funny, the guy can sure complain- whilst saying "im not complaining"

Hows burke doing this season? He doesnt seem to be getting as much press, as thats mostly taken up by bellamy and whittingham this season.

He seemed like an excellent player last season:)

That david james article is quite funny, the guy can sure complain- whilst saying "im not complaining"

I think Burke has been as good as last season (when he's played) but he's not got the headlines like Bothroyd and Bellamy. Whitts has been quiet by last season's standards but his three goals in a week has improved his confidence no end.

I think he'll manage to keep us in the division, which is what I'll settle for at the moment. A miracle might see us make the playoffs, but I doubt it. A disappointing but relieved finish in 14th or something.

Can't believe we're in this mess though. I honestly thought we'd bounce straight back up last season. :(

Lewis only 12th? A free-kick scored from outer space should be worth at least 1000 points. Sort it out, Actim!

Interesting to see Wes Morgan making the top 100, when he's been quite shaky this season.

Lewis only 12th? A free-kick scored from outer space should be worth at least 1000 points. Sort it out, Actim!

Interesting to see Wes Morgan making the top 100, when he's been quite shaky this season.

And Chris Cohen at #44 seems a bit odd.

Surprised to see Darren Ward in there. Shows how much his performances have dipped for Millwall. Glad to see Paul Robinson so high up the table. The guy is a natural born leader.

Surprised to see Darren Ward in there. Shows how much his performances have dipped for Millwall. Glad to see Paul Robinson so high up the table. The guy is a natural born leader.

I remember Ben Turner as a liability who caused people to hold their breath in fear when a cross came over.

How do they work this out? For a while there at the beginning of the season as a defender he was outperforming our strikers.

No Chris Gunter? Madness!

Good point. This must be like FIFA's Be A Pro rating system, where doing 5-yard sidewards/backwards passes all game gets you a better rating than if you take some risks and try to score/create. Hence Cohen being there and Gunter not. :P

How do they work this out? For a while there at the beginning of the season as a defender he was outperforming our strikers.

Calculation 1 Assesses a player's contribution to a winning team, based on points won by the team when he has appeared

Calculation 2 Assesses a player's performance in each game by allocating points for actions that positively contribute to a winning performance such as shots, tackles, clearances and saves. It also takes points away from players for negative actions such as yellow/red cards and shots off target

Calculation 3 Allocates points based on time on the pitch

Calculation 4 Allocates points for goal scorers

Calculation 5 Allocates points for assists

Calculation 6 Allocates points for clean sheets

Calculation 1 Assesses a player's contribution to a winning team, based on points won by the team when he has appeared

Calculation 2 Assesses a player's performance in each game by allocating points for actions that positively contribute to a winning performance such as shots, tackles, clearances and saves. It also takes points away from players for negative actions such as yellow/red cards and shots off target

Calculation 3 Allocates points based on time on the pitch

Calculation 4 Allocates points for goal scorers

Calculation 5 Allocates points for assists

Calculation 6 Allocates points for clean sheets

Cheers.

It appears he is still our top scorer, just now he is joint top scorer on three rather than the actual top scorer. Apparently he hadn't scored for Coventry since he joined in 2005 and then he popped three in within the first seven games of this season.

For the 1st time in a very long time i'm really looking forward to going to the Boro game today. win, lose or draw, i'm hoping this is going to be the start of the only way is up :)

Oh man, still buzzing from the Derby match. We are on fire at the moment, playing such good football too. Check us out as the featured match tonight, three of our four goals were brilliant. They've been coming from everywhere too - we've had twelve goalscorers this season! No goals from crosses today, either.

Oh and oh, erm, so embarassing, oh how can I put this... we've jumped over Forest again.

Oh and oh, erm, so embarassing, oh how can I put this... we've jumped over Forest again.

Woah, it's a leapfrogging!

Saw the Derby goals, all looked pretty good. Cywka looks pretty nifty. Are the fans laying off Clough Jnr. this season? Do you think Commons will sign a new contract with Derby, or sign for the highest bidder? The no good fucking MERCENARY.

Saw the Derby goals, all looked pretty good. Cywka looks pretty nifty. Are the fans laying off Clough Jnr. this season? Do you think Commons will sign a new contract with Derby, or sign for the highest bidder? The no good fucking MERCENARY.

They have to offer him one first! He's been making noises about wanting to stay but Clough has come out a few times saying that Commons needs to prove he deserves a new contract.

Fans are fickle, of course they're laying off Clough. Definitely the best football we've played in a long time, though.

Commons has said he wants to say, Clough has said he needs to prove his worth. I assume it'll come down to wage demands. Wouldn't be surprised if he's prised away by one of the lower Premiership sides.