Football League Championship 2010/11 Official Thread

This thread has started badly, the first thing my eyes were confronted with is that wretched sheep shagging badge for them down the road. Bah :lol:

Cant wait for the season to begin, even if this year I have made the decision not to renew my season ticket.

YOU REDS!

Predictions:

Champions: Middlesborough Celtic

Runners Up: Ipswich

Play off winners: Reading

Relegated: Derby, Milwall, Preston

Predictions:

Champions: Middlesborough Celtic

Play off winners: Reading

Relegated: Derby, Milwall, Preston

Pah! It's just-below-mid-table all season for us Lions. I can easily see all three promoted teams just being fine this season.

Not convinced about Middleborough either, while I don't doubt they'll be up there, something wasn't quite right last season. I think they need a big fix over pre-season in the way they gel on the pitch.

Pah! It's just-below-mid-table all season for us Lions. I can easily see all three promoted teams just being fine this season.

Not convinced about Middleborough either, while I don't doubt they'll be up there, something wasn't quite right last season. I think they need a big fix over pre-season in the way they gel on the pitch.

I like the look of the promoted teams more than I do the relegated teams, which I couldn't have said last season.

I think Middlesborough and Reading to go up and probably the best shouts. The bookies have got us (Forest) as the favourites, but I can't quite see it (at the moment). Out of all the relegated teams, I think Hull might have the best chance.

....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!

:D

Amazingly, I just found out that Millwall are playing a pre-season with AFC Wimbledon tomorrow night just down the road from where I work! Might as well start early!

That was last season though, and they now seem to have bought most of celtic and rangers squads plus nicky bailey (I believe). They seemed to get stronger towards the end of the season, so will possibly continue on with that.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how the promoted teams do. I hope leeds go back down, but I think them and norwich will probably do quite well. Looking at the other teams in the division, personally I'd say they were all stronger than millwall. But then I'll admit I dont know much about millwall :D

It'll certainly be interesting to see how the promoted teams do. I hope leeds go back down, but I think them and norwich will probably do quite well. Looking at the other teams in the division, personally I'd say they were all stronger than millwall. But then I'll admit I dont know much about millwall :D

Well we got 6 points out of both Leeds and Norwich last season. Out 2010 record pisses on Leeds too and we've managed to keep all our players.

I think we'll do alright. I'd take mid table but anywhere above the bottom 3 will do.

Can anybody tell me what to expect of Middlesbroughs new signings in Boyd, Bailey and potentially Kevin Thomson?

I never got much a chance to follow the boro last season which seems like a lucky break, I did attend one match last season, that being the 5-0 mauling we got from West Brom. Im hoping to make more games this time around... even though it may seem to be a glutton for punishment.

Really looking forward to getting back into in properly as I feel well out of the loop on the current Boro squad like Mcmanus, who we have just signed, we had him on loan last season yet I have no idea of what he is like.

Can anybody tell me what to expect of Middlesbroughs new signings in Boyd, Bailey and potentially Kevin Thomson?

As far as I can tell Kris Boyd does absolutely fuck all and brings nothing to the game...except for score a sackful of goals. Ugly, but effective.

No chance - I'm trying as hard as possible to be positive about this season but it's all looking very bleak to me. Mid table mediocrity, Wickham being sold for a derisory sum and Keane quitting in a huff by Christmas.

Well we got 6 points out of both Leeds and Norwich last season. Out 2010 record pisses on Leeds too and we've managed to keep all our players.

I think we'll do alright. I'd take mid table but anywhere above the bottom 3 will do.

Good luck to you then :D

Can anybody tell me what to expect of Middlesbroughs new signings

Bascially, your glasgow celtic in all but name now. With the addition of a couple of rangers players too.

You might have got 6 points out of Leeds, but we beat you 2-0 at Carrow Road on Boxing Day.

I fancy we might just make a push for 6th spot this season, I'm a lot more optimistic about our squad than I have been in recent years. Still, anywhere top half would be regarded as a success. Should be a make or break season for Paul Lambert's reputation.

Ah, the newfound optimism that comes with a new thread...

Anyway, this isn't good for you Swans:

Rodgers 'offered' Swansea job

It's clear what a bad job he did at Reading, how do these people get offers?

Rodgers is still living off the fact that Mourinho had him on staff a few years ago.

To be fair to Swansea, Rodgers was nowhere near their first choice reading the reports, but he was the only one with no good reason (ie. cushy TV work or already managing a club) to turn them down.

I used to go and watch Derby all time but haven't been in the last few seasons due to the fact we're the dullest team in the world. I may get involved this season just to annoy the Forest supporters in here, however.

Oh for the days of Wanchope and Baiano.

I may get involved this season just to annoy the Forest supporters in here, however.

Welcome Timmo, good to see you here!

Let's celebrate with the thread's first video: :D

[yt]sWBIS56fBh4[/yt]

NonLeagueNigel's face at 0:32 is priceless!