rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
lordcookie

TV Shows Only You Remember

Here's one that no-one will know.

I spent a fair chunk of my childhood in Papua New Guinea, where the only TV channel was ABC (the Australian one, not the American one). In the evenings, at about 6pm, there was some cooking show.

All I can remember from it is part of the intro credits - the TV chef (who in my memory looks quite like Russel Grant) unloading lobster pots or some similar fishing equipment from a boat onto a quay, which music that sounded awfully similar to the Channel 4 news theme (again, in my memory. Probably no resemblance in reality) played.

This would have been between 1984 and 1987. Any takers?

Christopher Lillycrap wasn't black :)

I'm pretty sure you're mixing him up with Derek Griffiths, you racist.

Here's one from me, 'Educating Marmalade' with theme tune by Bad Manners, I quite fancied Marmalade Atkins :/

Bad Manners also did the theme tune for the Alton Towers-based game show 'Hold Tight' IIRC.

EDIT: Fuck, it looks like a Brucie post.

:omg:

Yeah you're right god know what i was thinking. Lillycrap was the white guy with the fuzzy hair.

Hopefully i can redeem myself with this!

[yt]D0xZh2Uf5v0[/yt]

[yt]oJLZ-6moBEQ[/yt]

[yt]JWMpdO-VCe4[/yt]

Also anyone remember the Grumbleweeds?

There was a heavy metal show I used to watch back in the early 90s, Walk by Pantera was the theme tune, some scrawny bearded guy presented it. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

was it the beat, with gary crowley?

Here's one that no-one will know.

I spent a fair chunk of my childhood in Papua New Guinea, where the only TV channel was ABC (the Australian one, not the American one). In the evenings, at about 6pm, there was some cooking show.

All I can remember from it is part of the intro credits - the TV chef (who in my memory looks quite like Russel Grant) unloading lobster pots or some similar fishing equipment from a boat onto a quay, which music that sounded awfully similar to the Channel 4 news theme (again, in my memory. Probably no resemblance in reality) played.

This would have been between 1984 and 1987. Any takers?

849886-tv-chef-spits-blooper-sauce.jpg

Nah, sorry mate, not a clue...

The Puppy's Great/Further Adventures, it was a cartoon about a little dog that got separated from his owner and ends up with a collection of stray dogs who help him find his way home

The Puppy's Great/Further Adventures, it was a cartoon about a little dog that got separated from his owner and ends up with a collection of stray dogs who help him find his way home

pete! duke! the other dogs who's names I can't remember!

and who the fuck takes their puppy on a round the world trip, only to fucking lose them?

and how come all the dog spoke perfect english!?!

pete! duke! the other dogs who's names I can't remember!

and who the fuck takes their puppy on a round the world trip, only to fucking lose them?

and how come all the dog spoke perfect english!?!

That's the one!

There was a heavy metal show I used to watch back in the early 90s, Walk by Pantera was the theme tune, some scrawny bearded guy presented it. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Noisy Mothers? And that would therefore be Krusher, I think.

Used to love watching that show.

Also a paintball challenge show (xfire?) presented by Dermot O'Leary. Like a cross between Crystal Maze and Gladiators but with paintball guns. The contestants were always completely hapless and would inevitably killed by the end of level baddie guy.

I liked watching that for the PVC-clad bad girls that would appear and shoot the shit out of the contestants. :omg:

Almost certainly spelling this wrong, but any fans of Sandokan in here?

He was a pirate tiger who got up to all kinds of crazy shit in one massive story arc lasting about forty episodes. I swear it was on everyday one summer holiday and I watched it all. If I remember rightly, the story was so long that the last three episodes were made up entirely of a party on an island somewhere, with little action apart from hearty backslaps and congratulation.

I think this made by the same people that did Dogtanian - certainly had that animation style.

Anyone remember Sport Billy? I don't know if it was shown in the UK or if I watched it when I was a kid in Brunei. I fucking hated it though.

[yt]huJlDsfXf5U[/yt]

Almost certainly spelling this wrong, but any fans of Sandokan in here?

He was a pirate tiger who got up to all kinds of crazy shit in one massive story arc lasting about forty episodes. I swear it was on everyday one summer holiday and I watched it all. If I remember rightly, the story was so long that the last three episodes were made up entirely of a party on an island somewhere, with little action apart from hearty backslaps and congratulation.

I think this made by the same people that did Dogtanian - certainly had that animation style.

I remember it (and your spelling is correct). It was by the same people that did Around the World with Willy Fog.

[yt]j4kZ5H7Svtg[/yt]

I would give anything to be able to watch a good version of Belle and Sebastian again.

You can get some good quality bootlegs here. I've not seen the quality myself though.

Fabulous Films also have it down as 'coming soon' but they've had Spartacus and the Sun Beneath the Sea on that list for ages too and I don't think that has seen a release yet.

http://www.fabulousfilms.co.uk/site/Home/Index.htm

I'm sure the Look and Read stories were an excuse for teachers to have a break. My school must have shown all 20 of them to us at some point.

Look and Read gave me the willies. For some reason the one that gave me the most fear was The Peregrine Falcon, and that was only some dodgy illegal types.

But of course the most frightening thing about it was Wordy. I used to have nightmares about him floating into my room and killing me. It didn't help that in the show he would often appear magically from obscure places.

[yt]naDfJIwZSm0[/yt]

[yt]Z2XdMvrZgLE[/yt]

HELLO WORDWATCHERS, HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE!!!!!

Thanks a lot Roy Fucking Skelton! It's like something out of Poltergeist, or Ghostbusters at the very least. Between him and Noseybonk it's a wonder any kid born in the 70's isn't a gibbering wreck.

On a Look and Read tip:

[yt]dCS0Ora5n-o[/yt]

The scene with the spaceships glowing 'eyes' peering out of the sea at night absolutely terrified me. Ollie the alien was also an abomination.

I wanted to post a clip from 'Out of Sight' too but I couldn't find any on youtube. It was that CITV show about the boy who invented an invisibility spray.

We had a mention of Sylvester McCoy earlier, anyone else remember Eureka? Science series for kids, explaining famous inventions and featuring the amazing Wilf Lunn and his humungous moustache.

And following on from that, Take Nobody's Word For It, a science programme where they tested various theories and showed scientific principles in action. I still have the experiment kit you could send off for...

Wasn't Max Millions the one where he almost gets run over by some rich bloke, who writes him a blank cheque. I went to school with a girl who was in a couple of CITV shows, she was in my class. One of the shows has her play the daughter of a struggling animator or something.

EDIT: The first one was Matts Millions... The other show was Welcome to Orty-Fou.

I remember it (and your spelling is correct). It was by the same people that did Around the World with Willy Fog.

Yes and no. The production company is the same, but Dogtanian and Willy Fog were both animated in Japan. Sandokan was not.

edit:Wang Films did the animation for the second series of both those shows

So many memories...

I'll add.

Beauty & The Beast (Starring Linda Hamilton & Rom Perlman)

[yt]OP9dxPrcP64[/yt]

and there was a sitcom about a family who had a ghost of a Jewish woman living with them. I can never remember the name though.

Also I would say American Gothic, but assume plenty watched that (was part of the inspiration of my sons name)