Recommend me an Amazing Television Show

Meh

The Inbetweeners

Definitely not "amaze" but worth a watch if you're in tune with your inner lad. You'll laugh and hate yourself for it.

Currently halfway through Season 3 of Breaking Bad thanks to this thread and yeah, this really is tremendous. First show that's really grabbed me since the mighty Oz.

Prison Break and Trailer Park boys up next…

Chuck

Legend of the Seeker

The Inbetweeners

None of these will disappoint you if you just want simple and knockabout fun

I don't want merely 'good' shows, remember. Chuck's good - but the Chuck/Sarah think draaaags it down far too much for it to reach AMAZE status.

I like Fringe, but wouldn't really say it qualifies as "HOLY FUCKING SHIT" levels of amaze.

Fair enough. Wasn't sure if you'd watched it. I'd rate it with Supernatural, slow, hokey, bit predictable opening but then really gets into its stride at the end of season 1 and season 2 is bloody great. The last few episodes, especially the one with Peter Weller, were, IMO, proper ace.

Definitely not "amaze" but worth a watch if you're in tune with your inner lad. You'll laugh and hate yourself for it.

Currently halfway through Season 3 of Breaking Bad thanks to this thread and yeah, this really is tremendous. First show that's really grabbed me since the mighty Oz.

Prison Break and Trailer Park boys up next…

[yt]RbCTudx_k-o[/yt]

Fuck yea, Eastbound and Down has to be watched. I twatted the whole thing in one sitting it was that good.

The second season should have been out now but has been put back to next year I believe. Still any chump that doesn't have Kenny 'Fucking' Powers in their life is no friend of mine.

KennyPowers.jpg

I caught a couple of episodes, and it was fucking brilliant. Gonna have to get the whole thing.

I've just started Breaking Bad, and I'm loving it. This Oz is great too then?

I'm being a little unfair on Prison Break here. The first season is good fun and the concept is so crazy (guy gets the blueprints of a prison tattoo'd on his body using some kind of magic-eye tattoo technology) that you can't not like it. It's entertaining and fun but I'd have it way down on any list of shows I'd recommend.

It loses it's way slightly near the end of its run but seasons 1-4 are some of the best TV you'll evert watch.
It's magnificent. The characters, dialogue, humor, ultra-violence, storylines, all perfect. I love prison films and books in general but Oz is the fucking Daddy.

That's next on the list then.

And to whoever was asking about Prison Break - I couldn't get more than halfway through S1. Absolutely fucking dreadful. It could get better as it goes on, I don't know. I just couldn't take anymore.

I couldn't get past season 3 (I think), it was like getting beaten with a bag of oranges.

Season 3 was the worst one. Writers' strike blew it to shit, if I recall. Season 4 then ramped up the insanity to new heights, and the ending is an insane pile of LOL.

And to whoever was asking about Prison Break - I couldn't get more than halfway through S1. Absolutely fucking dreadful. It could get better as it goes on, I don't know. I just couldn't take anymore.

I quite liked the bit in the middle of S1 where

the eponymous break is attempted and fucked up, and then the rest of the season is him coming up with new ways round the holes in the plan without the benefit of planning it all completely in advance.

. S2 was a bit different but helped by the change of scenery. S3 was an attempt to go back to the glory of S1, but wasn't nearly as good. S4 was ridiculous, they ramped the various arc plot elements up to 11, and our heroes were getting in more trouble and solving more problems in each episode than previously in a whole season, the whole thing was totally unengaging. I almost didn't make it all the way through, but decided I'd invested too much of my life in it already to give up... :(

The best bit about prison break was when he had tattoos all over his body with his intricate plan detailed, and then his intricate plan was

'shimmy on a rope over a wall'

. :D

Oz gets my vote for prison drama. It gets a bit silly though.

Has anyone mentioned The Prisoner or State Of Play? Lovely stuff, been watching through them again recently.

Was about to post this. State of Play is amazing - up there with the very best.

I've just bought Breaking Bad. For some reason I had it down as some shallow comedy.