IGNORED

Games released this week

davejm

format_PC_hover.png

26677_med.jpg26699_med.jpg26587_med.jpg26649_med.jpg26661_med.jpg

format_360_hover.png

26595_med.jpg26675_med.jpg26653_med.jpg26665_med.jpg

format_PS3_hover.png

24049_med.jpg26591_med.jpg26669_med.jpg26651_med.jpg26663_med.jpg26679_med.jpg26685_med.jpg

format_Wii_hover.png

26689_med.jpg26683_med.jpg26693_med.jpg26585_med.jpg26569_med.jpg26659_med.jpg26681_med.jpg

format_DS_hover.png

26687_med.jpg26697_med.jpg26583_med.jpg26695_med.jpg26673_med.jpg26691_med.jpg26615_med.jpg26657_med.jpg

format_PSP_hover.png

26593_med.jpg

I've included cover images for the first time. For people that aren't seeing them (firewall, websense etc), here is the text...

PC (Windows)

Armada 2526

Disciples III: Renaissance

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Singularity

Transformers: War for Cybertron

Xbox 360

Naughty Bear

Singularity

Playstation 3

Demon's Souls

Naughty Bear

Singularity

Trinity Universe

Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll

Nintendo Wii

Ballerina

Daisy Lafuente Pilates

Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2010

Nat Geo Quiz! Wild Life

Vacation Isle: Beach Party

Nintendo DS

Ballerina

Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force - Herbert's Revenge

Roogoo: Attack

Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Osborne House

Sonny With a Chance

TNA Impact! Cross The Line

PSP

Never heard of Singularity, but the Eurogamer review makes it sound quite excellent. Will no doubt be £20 in a few weeks, though.

Yeah, as I said in the game thread, I know a couple of guys playing it and they reckon it's pretty good.

Nice thread, you've put a lot of effort into that :)

Cheers, although my database spits out the BBcode; so it was just a cut&paste job - aside from entering it into my database of course, but that's for another project anyway. It's no bother sticking the info here too.

505 Games is on the cover of Daisy Fuentes, Jillian Michaels and Naughty Bear. Perhaps they made a mistake in the development report and wanted to make Naughty Daisy Fuentes & Jillian Michael Fitness Ultimatum and Pilates Bear.

I had it on pre-order but I cancelled it. it looks too complicated :facepalm:

Hang your head!

It's not complicated, really. In fact, it's a very simple hack'n'slash game that slowly reveals it's depth the more you play. It will rape you six ways from Sunday, but every time you fuck up you learn from it. And the next time you laugh at how stupid you were the time before. Also, it does atmosphere far better than any other game I've played this gen. I'm actually looking forward to replaying it more than playing something new.

I really hate that demon souls just got that reputation for being super hard and unforgiving and super hardcore. IT'S NOT. If anything if we're just comparing skill and difficulty wise, quite of bit of something like Super Mario Galaxy 2 can be more tricky!

It's just a dark game with an oppressive atmosphere that makes you want to cry the first few times you fuck up, but it lets you get back to it so fast and so forgivingly (it's impossible to lose progress on things like items and level progress ie opening shorcuts) and you can call for help! And there are messages everywhere telling you what to do! In a platform game a tricky fall might come out of somewhere and catch you out, boom, start the level again. In this if there is a dodgy cliff ahead or something around the corner, someone will leave a message saying something like BEWARE OF FALL! And you can explore and learn the levels at no risk to your souls by helping out other people as a blue phantom.

Rid this foul myth of demon souls being so super hardcore unforgiving time sinky bastard. It can be that, but only if you make it that way. And it's no more complicated than making sure enemy attacks (which can be learned and countered) aren't landed recklessly all the time, you know, like a billion other games since forever or so.

So in summary, demon souls, not as hard as everyone say it is- unless you struggle with holding a controller and have no patience whatsoever. Fucking buy it, you cowardly pansies.