I played it for an hour last night. Nice atmosphere, lovely graphics and calling out to other players was kinda cool. But there's nothing to do?

Wander about, have a jump, find a spot to sit down, get a cut scene of sorts, and repeat? Maybe the next hour will be a revelation but so far it's been super lightweight eye candy. Maybe I've missed something.

Maybe I have no soul? :omg:

It feels that it'a partly down to luck now. Playing through with someone the other night where neither knew what we're doing was wonderful, but t sounds like most people on now have been through once before and with a 'guide' it feels a lot less a struggle and I can see how the game diminishes from that.

I'm only missing 2 trophies now, the "come back after a week" & "do the majority of the game with the same partner".

The 1st is easy enough, as i've had some great experiences so far & i'm ok with leaving it for a while then coming back, but with the 2nd i'd just have to get lucky with the Game's choice of partner.

This really is how you do the whole 'games as art' thing. It doesn't matter how pretty your game is, though this is certainly beautiful. It's about making the player feel something profound that they take back into their lives when they put the game down.

So... Finished my first play through and it was very beautiful. Its the right length where I can see myself picking is up another's time and just spending time with it.

It wasn't helped by being interrupted by the missus and stuff.. But the ending is really joyful.

It reminds me of the games that they had the ambition to attempt in the 80s, but without the technology

Just finished my first play through. Lights off, misses out with friends, perfect.

I didn't know whether online was on or not, I just started the game, but after 20 minutes or so someone turned up. I was a bit narked at this point, as I was enjoying the solitude, but we bungled on together for about 20 minutes more, until they disappeared. At that point I was a bit disappointed, as we appeared to be getting on well, despite the other player being a little impatient for my liking (I like to stand still and take in my surroundings a bit).

Anyway, my next companion stuck with me for the majority of the game - we were of a very same level (presumably first play through). I felt a little thrill when I managed to communicate with them successfully - they were about to move onto the next section when I'd found a 'power up' (those swirly light things) a little way back. They were about to carry on and I started jabbing circle and ran back the other way. Companion followed, and I stood at the crate where the power up was hidden and jabbed circle a few more times. I guess this is what Lassie felt like :)

Anyway, we stuck together for the majority of the game - waited for each other, took turns doing stuff, etc. unfortunately I had to break things off as I really needed a piss :( So I jabbed circle a few times then sat down, and pressed pause. When I got back, they were obviously gone.

Brilliant experience - considering I've been playing video games for a quarter of a century now, I love the fact they can still deliver new experiences.

And quite what Thatgamecompany do with colours and light that I've not seen done elsewhere, I have no idea, but it's fucking stunning.

The only way I'd enjoy the game more were if I had a Fry's Turkish Delight to eat while playing (joke for the over 30s, there).

The only way I'd enjoy the game more were if I had a Fry's Turkish Delight to eat while playing (joke for the over 30s, there).

Ha haa, I knew exactly what you meant when you said that.

For those that don't, here's the advert:

Well that was... mediocre.

Doesn't even come close to Flower I'm afraid. Probably because of the beta involvement; my experience was a combination of all three phases Karzee mentioned but without the overarching positivity.

The end to me was the worst bit as...

I had the unfortunate luck/state of mind to view the intro animation and in that instant immediately predict the circular conclusion of the game (even though during the beta I didn't get it). When the conclusion did come to pass halfway I was ready to blow my own head off as the ending was inevitable. I really need to play/analyze less games as this also killed off Bioshock in a similar fashion for me.

Regardless, Journey misses the great euphoric build-up and direct influence of Flower even though both games share the exact same skeleton. Flower felt like I was making things works and grow again, Journey just takes you along for the ride...

This isn't directed at anyone, but I came up with a delicious conspiracy theory for this game. Everyone who says they are unaffected by it on an emotional level is killed so as to improve the human race in general & online experiences specifically. ;)

This isn't directed at anyone, but I came up with a delicious conspiracy theory for this game. Everyone who says they are unaffected by it on an emotional level is killed so as to improve the human race in general & online experiences specifically. ;)

In that case that happened a few years earlier already. ;) I cried during Flower but I was completely non-plussed by this. I think their structures are way to similar to engage on the same emotional level after Flower spent that particular penny previously.