Nintendo E3 Conference 2010

Deeptone

Are they going to stick with cheap midi samples when Mario Galaxy has been getting the lush orchestral stuff?

Nintendo have never used MIDI to sequence music and both SMG games have loads of sequenced chip music in them.

Because Twilight Princess was the shit.

Corrected. Dont know why TP gets so much hate as it has some of the best dungeons in the series and the storyline was pretty good, just a shame that there were hardly any villages and not many memorable characters like in OoT or Wind Waker.

Nintendo have never used MIDI to sequence music and both SMG games have loads of sequenced chip music in them.

And to be honest, the chip tunes sound better anyway.

Well, unless we are talking about Gusty Gardens that is.

[yt]-z2kxFCQ_mQ[/yt]

Yeah they do but they have loads of orchestral stuff in too. And the chip music sounds modern and is used appropriately. Whereas the Zelda games have been trying to simulate an orchestra for years and are sounding increasingly cheap and dated. Twilight Princesses' soundtrack was duff anyway but something like the Hyrule Field theme, at least, would have sounded much better if it didn't sound so bloody artificial.

[yt]yKYqNHO2i3w[/yt]

Compare to a proper orchestra

[yt]QoZQN1x-TZI[/yt]

I'm most interested in the 3DS. I started gaming on the original Gameboy thanks to Nintendo and I intend to continue.

Second is what to expect from the Wii in it's twilight. Does Nintendo have anything else? If it is Zelda then it will have to be the most interesting Zelda ever.

PREDICTIONS!

Miyamoto always talked about the inspiration for zelda being a small boy exploring a garden. I think the new game will be truer to this than any other - a more intimate scale, and a closer view to reflect this. If OOT was about riding horses across fields, this will be about pulling back branches to find treasure in the shadows. And then cutting said branches with a swipe of the wiimote master sword.

I'd also imagine a range of new Wii colours, a hardware price drop, and some kind of proper Pokemon game to take on the action RPG roots that the new zelda will have strayed from somewhat. Perhaps a Pokemon MMO.

And Starfox.

The rest will be just 3DS 3DS 3DS - which for all its tech brilliance, won't have any software that needs it and be a bit 'shallow'.

Doubt there will be a new Dead Space for the Wii after how the last one sold.

I'd like:

A blow-you-away incredible Zelda reveal.

Metroid Other M to look amazing.

A new Wii with decent graphics and motion plus built in.

A whole load of cool hardcore games I will actually want to play.

Luigis Mansion 2 maybe.

An actually cool Star Fox game.

PREDICTIONS!

Miyamoto always talked about the inspiration for zelda being a small boy exploring a garden. I think the new game will be truer to this than any other - a more intimate scale, and a closer view to reflect this. If OOT was about riding horses across fields, this will be about pulling back branches to find treasure in the shadows. And then cutting said branches with a swipe of the wiimote master sword.

I'd also imagine a range of new Wii colours, a hardware price drop, and some kind of proper Pokemon game to take on the action RPG roots that the new zelda will have strayed from somewhat. Perhaps a Pokemon MMO.

And Starfox.

The rest will be just 3DS 3DS 3DS - which for all its tech brilliance, won't have any software that needs it and be a bit 'shallow'.

Have you ever predicted anything accurately?

PREDICTIONS!

Miyamoto always talked about the inspiration for zelda being a small boy exploring a garden...

Milo defects to Nintendo?

I'd like:

A blow-you-away incredible Zelda reveal.

Metroid Other M to look amazing.

A new Wii with decent graphics and motion plus built in.

A whole load of cool hardcore games I will actually want to play.

Luigis Mansion 2 maybe.

An actually cool Star Fox game.

You'll get the first 2, but everything else sounds a bit fairy bubbles.

I find this a bit strange, Nintendo have always designed hardware with the games in mind. There may not be many games shown but I would expect the concepts behind them to be an excellent showcase for having 3D on a handheld console.

Isn't Miyamoto having his own forum/presentation this time around? After last year's frankly bizarre Wii Music jam, I hope they keep him off the stage - he's awesome but he's like a weird genius uncle who you love but don't want at your party.

Last year was some atrocious snowboarding game and sales... sales... sales figures!!

I'm expecting a lot from this conference - I'm expecting the 3DS to be the big feature and I think they'll demo Animal Crossing 3D, a new Zelda in action that features single screen co-op for Wii and I really want them to give us something good for online play.

I find this a bit strange, Nintendo have always designed hardware with the games in mind. There may not be many games shown but I would expect the concepts behind them to be an excellent showcase for having 3D on a handheld console.

All the DS launch games didn't really show off why the DS was good though. Or at least, not much. Mario 64 DS lol.

But I have faith this time.