rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
boyo

Top 10 Psone games

A friend of mine used to do this wierd thumb twitch thing on International Track & Field. He'd hold the pad loosely in both hands, a thumb on each of the two buttons you used for sprinting and sort of spasm his way to a win. Freak.

Another game, not sure if its been mentioned in here, Silent Bomber. :)

Also Team Buddies.

And I always remember a friend of my Dad being a monster at Track & Field, he could smash those buttons in at unheard of speeds. Eventually we gave up playing against him.

:facepalm:

My mates and I used to play it all the time, and thought we were hot shit. Then one day a mate of my mate's older sister had a go and destroyed most of our records on his first go, using his mega arm spasm technique. We were crestfallen.

I should have added Grandia to my top 10 list as that was great. Graphically not great, but I really enjoyed going through it on the whole.

Did anyone ever play a shitty RPG called Guardians Crusade? I went through it all and completed it, was clearly aimed at younger players, or just plain budget crap.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned International Track and Field (1). It's the best athletics game ever.

PG_PSP_Track_Field.jpg

I always preferred Athlete Kings.

Yeah but thats Sega though

True; still, I preferred it, which is why I personally wouldn't feature T&F in a top 10 list of the 32-bit era. That being said, it was a good game.

:facepalm:

My mates and I used to play it all the time, and thought we were hot shit. Then one day a mate of my mate's older sister had a go and destroyed most of our records on his first go, using his mega arm spasm technique. We were crestfallen.

A mate had a technique of using the end of his sleave to rapidly rub the buttons, performance inhancing enhancing clothing completely removed the fun.

Ps1 bought. Fat Parallel port model (a must for me)

Bust a Move 2

Help Compilation (Myst, Road Rash, Broken Sword)

Puchi Carat

Ridge Racer

Ridge Racer Type 4

Tenchu

Speed Freaks (although the disc is missing so they've put the other copy by for me to go in and swap over)

No THPS2 though :facepalm:

A mate had a technique of using the end of his sleave to rapidly rub the buttons, performance inhancing clothing completely removed the fun.

This is one of the major reasons I preferred Athlete Kings. You couldn't do this with the Saturn's buttons (the arcade version actually only had one button, not two).

I never thought about the one program that came out (in two parts) on the PS1 which ultimately influenced my entire direction in life and my job and my university degree in audio and music tech. That program series was Music and the successor Music 2000. Those have to be at the top of my list despte not actually being games themselves. I also completely forgot to add Castlevania SOTN which definitely would be in my top 10 about half way down. That imo is the greatest CV game too so far second to the 4th one on the SNES.

I suppose it's all down to personal choice and based around everyones individual memories of the games they played. Some games such as Grand Turismo's and Ridge Racers, wouldn't be in my top ten list as I wasn't a fan of this sort of thing. Similarly I never got to play Metal Gear Solid in the end and so don't have that same level of affection for it as so many others do.

Ill do my (rough) top ten. Gotta edit this list slightly

1. Music & Music 2000 Added *

2. FFVII

3. FFIX

4. Resident Evil 1 & 2

5. Alundra

6. Suikoden 1 & 2

7. Castlevania SOTN * Added

8. Silent hill

9. Parasites Eve

10. Broken Sword

11. Star Ocean 2

12. Vandal Hearts

It's just off the top of my head but thats the sort of thing i'd go for.

Ive had to place the RE's and the Suikodens together.

I have many fond memories of a lot of games beyond this but it's hard to find the right games for the top 10. Other games I have fond memories of include.

Broken Sword 2 - The Smoking Mirror

Klonoa

Little Ralph - Cool Japanese Arcade Platform Games

Wild Arms

Legend of Legaia

Final Fantasy 8 (not as great as others mainly due to the unorthodox ways of battles and not buying armour etc but good)

Medievil

Doom & Final Doom

Exhumed

Duke Nukem 3D

Clock Tower (not as many people like this but I do)

Breath of Fire 3 and 4

FF Tactics

I should have added Grandia to my top 10 list as that was great. Graphically not great, but I really enjoyed going through it on the whole.

Did anyone ever play a shitty RPG called Guardians Crusade? I went through it all and completed it, was clearly aimed at younger players, or just plain budget crap.

It's on my unplayed pile of shame.

My pile is very big.