Back to the Future

Strange that they decided to ignore the Wii and 360 for this. It's like they don't like money.

I'll probably go for the iPad version over the PC or PS3 as playing an adventure game of this type on a touchscreen sounds quite appealing.

The problem with Tell Tale games is that the writing and humour is passable to really good, but the animation and 'acting' is fucking awful. It's so bloody stiff.

That recent CSI Conspiracy toss was developed by Telltale IIRC, and based on the fucking awful demo, the signs ain't good.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like freeloaders have to wait until February too :(

You're receiving this email because you registered to receive the free episode of Back to the Future: The Game for PC/Mac.

UPDATE: Your FREE episode will be available for download in February, just in time for the series' second episode.

Thank you for registering to receive your episode. Your free episode -- Episode 1: It's About Time -- will be available in February. We will notify you when it is ready for download.

Looks like freeloaders have to wait until February too :(

Is it wrong that I feel gutted by this? I know it is free but I really thought we would get it when it came out. I know its wrong to feel so, but I still feel put out by it.

Telltale's non-PC releases schedules are a bit of a disaster. Seasons 1 & 2 of Sam & Max are available on 360 but not PS3. Season 3 is available on PS3 and not 360. The first episode of Season 3 was released on the iPad with promises of the rest to follow, none of which ever turned up...etc

Minimum PC/Mac Specs:

PC:

Minimum Specs

Processor: 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 256 MB RAM

Direct X: Direct X 9.0c

Audio card required

Recommended Specs

Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent

Memory: 3 GB RAM

Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM

Direct X: Direct X 9.0c

Audio card required

Mac:

Minimum Specs

Processor: 2.0 Ghz Intel or equivalent

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Video Card: 256 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card

Not recommended for Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks

Recommended Specs

Processor: 2.3 Ghz Intel or equivalent

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Video Card: 512 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card

Not recommended for Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks

I'm kinda apprehensive about how the iPad version is going to run.

I played through it and thoroughly enjoyed myself. It's short and fairly easy but a fun story with a brilliant ending, that's ruined 2 seconds after in the "next time" bit. If I'd have know I'd have F4'd out when the title came up.

It should have been on Steam already as mentioned on their forum. Still as much as I love buying all my games on Steam, the Telltale special editions are wonderful and I've got no problem buying directly.

Ah! Nuts! I was going to buy this tonight but I asked for the trilogy for Chritmas....

Anyway, I'm not sure which version to go for.

I'm sat on a PC at my parents, and I have Bootcamp on my main Mac. I have a Macbook Pro with me.

I also own a PS3.

Hmm. Mac version probably makes the most sense.

The Steam version of Tales of Monkey Island was Steamplay so I guess it makes sense to wait until it's up on Steam and then you can enjoy it on whatever platform you're near.

EDIT - In fact Back to the Future is up on Steam. £15.29 and it's Steamplay.

The Steam version of Tales of Monkey Island was Steamplay so I guess it makes sense to wait until it's up on Steam and then you can enjoy it on whatever platform you're near.

Ah, would I be able to play on either Mac or PC then?

Sorry, that's probably a completely daft question but I'm mostly a console gamer.

• 2 weeks later...

So anyone playing this on PS3 or iPad. Not much from the PC forumites thus far about their experiences of playing this game.

Why did Telltale not push it out on XBLA day and date?! That has to the best audience to hit first.

Having watched this gameplay video, kudos to the team for getting so much right thus far in terms of the small details and general feel of the series.

I played through episode one, Telltale have done a great job in recreating the feel of the films and if you are a fan then I'd recommend it. The plot looks like it'll get going in the next episode but it's still a nice fanservice at the moment. That said, I still don't like the way their games play but so long as they play the BttF theme tune every now and then I can live with that :)

Well I started this tonight and so far I really like it! It's simple and has the usual Telltale flaws, stiff animation and mistimed facial expressions and the like, but at the end of the day it's Back to the Future done really well with a fun story and funny dialogue and I'm geeking out all over it. Right from the first sound effect when you start the game to what happens when you continue an older game from the main menu, it's one :wub: moment after another. Maybe too expensive for such a small little budget game, but definitely one to pick up in a sale in the future (or is that the past?) if you have any kind of love for Back to the Future.

Edit: and the soundtrack is great too of course!

Edit Edit: aaaaaand finished! It's really short and shouldn't take anyone more than a few hours to finish. But it has that Back to the Future charm and I'm looking forward to the second part!

Maybe too expensive for such a small little budget game, but definitely one to pick up in a sale in the future (or is that the past?) if you have any kind of love for Back to the Future.

It's £15 for the full five episodes, so you're talking about ten or so hours of gameplay there. That's not too expensive, really.

It's £15 for the full five episodes, so you're talking about ten or so hours of gameplay there. That's not too expensive, really.

Yeah when you put it like that it sounds about right... but I usually don't like Telltale games that much so I only bought the first game to see how it was. And on its own it was 17 euros :facepalm: