FIFA 11

Bleeders

I've been playing a 75% preview built and all I can say at the moment is that it's another major disappointment in the A.I. department.

It's clear there have been no improvements there, which is what matters the most to me. In world class level players can't score from half a meter away. And when you play a lesser team this is even more evident.

If you want more of a challenge you can up the difficulty to legendary, sure. But then the personality plus disappears. Every A.I. player becomes Messi and every striker Ronaldo (the Brazilian). You can't do any tricks again, you can't dribble past an opponent -again- even with Messi and the A.I. is not fooled by any feints ever. Ever. Again.

But again, this is still 75%. There is still some loose control which is going to get fixed, so the end product may have fixed some of the problems.

RE: Crossing. You can do the double tap laser - which is an unknown wonder. And I read in FIFA 11 - R1 + Square does a drilled long ball no matter where you are on the pitch.

75% build you say, was that Gamescom? I suspect the demo to be at least the 85% version. With the full game done by now.

You can't do any tricks again, you can't dribble past an opponent -again- even with Messi and the A.I. is not fooled by any feints ever. Ever. Again.

Sorry, but this is wrong. It's (rightfully) tricky, but definitely possible. Ask anyone who's played Tris recently in the Rllmuk league. I used to think no-one could get past a well-jockeyed defender but it's all in the timing.

Sorry, but this is wrong. It's (rightfully) tricky, but definitely possible. Ask anyone who's played Tris recently in the Rllmuk league. I used to think no-one could get past a well-jockeyed defender but it's all in the timing.

I am not talking about dribbling past a human opponent. That is perfectly possible because humans tend to fall for feints and make mistakes. I am talking about against the A.I.

Also, it's not about using the trick stick, which is unreliable. We need simple feints firs, like in real life, that can work. Not always, sure, but some times. Playing against the A.I. in legendary it's almost impossible to do any proper feints. It may be my skills, true, but I really think it's not.

The whole A.I. design in FIFA is wrong, because it sticks in a neolithic design: more difficult means constant pressing from the A.I., unrealistic high conversion rate, physical strength of a titan and so on...

The best players in the league are better than the AI on legendary. Trust, you can do it against the AI, but it's purposefully hard and needs great timing, and I would say it needs to be that way.

No, that's not enough. A simple feint is a feint and when it works, it should throw the best defenders in the world, like in real life. In legendary this is near impossible to do with any consistency. And I am talking againt mediocre defenders who suddenly become Puyols.

If that's your idea of upping the difficulty, then there is no way we can agree.

I am also better as a player than legendary, but that doesn't say much. My main concern is not beating the legendary by automatic ping pong football in blistering speeds. I want it to provide a realistic challenge. It doesn't. It is completely and utterly shit. :facepalm:

But hey, who cares, right? It's all about multiplayer these days.. It'll still sell glorious numbers. :hat:

The best players in the league are better than the AI on legendary. Trust, you can do it against the AI, but it's purposefully hard and needs great timing, and I would say it needs to be that way.

TBH, anyone is better than legendary setting.

AI are too robotic, got to agree with Talk Show - AI feel like they know what you are going to do before you do it (in terms of tricks). The only time I play AI is in the demo anyway, they are generally a waste of time.

The best players in the league are better than the AI on legendary.

Dude, I'm better than the AI on legendary. Legendary plays a game of football that's more about effort and workrate than skill. They hound you for the ball and then if they get it, they'll ping it around and keep possession, but do so very predictably.

My main problem with the AI though is the lack of variety. Aside from the effects of their pre-set tactics, they all play the same way. You don't get the difference between, say, Spain's tiki-taka and Ireland's long balls.

I can't play FIFA offline anymore, as it is too robotic. If I change to fully manual and set the game to Legendary, it becomes pathetic. The AI will NEVER missplace a pass. The only benefit to this robotic nature is that because I use manual passing, they struggle to read my passes.

The flip side to that is playing humans online is even worse, as 9 times out of 10, my opponents are fully assisted in ranked matches and will ping a ball around with ease. I still fail to see the challenge there. When you do get to play a manual vs manual game though, it can be an absolute joy to play. It feels a lot more random (but in a good way) and players attributes seem to actually matter more.

Edit: I have no idea what any of that has to do with anything, I just haven't had a good manual high horse session for a while ;)

Yeah, as stated; they've just kept it mostly the same. Adding a few modes here and there, and not bother with the AI.

A real shame.

Welcome back to the yearly squads updates with a few back of the box features :(

GM Review - 94% "The Best Football Game Ever"

The first FIFA 11 review is in - and EA's effort has been acclaimed "the best football game ever" in the new GamesMaster magazine.

According to the review, FIFA's gone from "strength to strength" and this year's instalment's "got the looks, the sounds, the depth and plays like a dream".

GamesMaster points praise at FIFA 11's huge number of variable outcomes. It says each match delivering more variety, excitement and realism that last year's excellent entry.

Praise is pointed at the new Be a Goalkeeper mode, more realistic passing engine and, excitingly, interactive celebration cutscenes (described as "possibly the best part of the game").

It's all hugely positive stuff and certainly has the ladies and gents in the office (well, mostly the latter) geared up for the October 1 release.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=263290

:)

Demo details.

EA Sports today announced that those who play FIFA 11’s accompanying Facebook game, FIFA Superstars, and unlock certain achievements, they will be rewarded with a selection of unlocks in this week’s FIFA 11 demo.

For playing FIFA Superstars, fans automatically unlock Arsenal in the demo, and obtaining a gold pack of players will unlock the Emirates stadium.

The demo, which is due on Wednesday September 15th for Xbox Live Gold Members and September 23rd for Xbox Live Silver members, will feature 6 teams – Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayer Leverkusen and Lyon – in matches to be played out at Real Madrid’s Bernabeu fortress.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-6321-EA-Sports-Details-This-Week-s-FIFA-11-Demo---Demo-Unlockables.html

:)