IGNORED

FIFA 11

Bleeders

Does everyone honestly believe that video is great?

Sure it plays a nice game of football but; where's the excitement?

A couple of poor efforts on goal, one goal in the game.

No really great breaks or spectacular moments.

No new tricks/skills.

The same commentary.

Passing still seems to be slowly, tappy.

No proper pinged balls to run onto.

Crossing still appears to be floaty.

That's the developers playing it too; if they can't produce an exciting match then it's a bit of a worry for me.

I think the issue is no doubt the "Solid" AI players. In BAP (10v10 online) you see far more excitement/chances. Honestly, the team should look at some BAP games and grab either some circumstantial data or proper metrics from it and then attempt to transpose this onto an AI option that gives the AI players more of a free form approach. Because real life players do make more mistakes/do things differently/defend in different ways/etc. That would make the games far, far more interesting.

It's a worry when the big features are the Be a Keeper mode, and it appears they've not really added to the core experience - the football.

I just hope you can save goals to hard drive now, as was promised.

I can only see 10 v 10 play as a clot of 20 people running towards the ball, a bit like homing missiles. Or are players online actually disciplined enough to guard their part of the turf?

Obviously I never played that way, so pardon my ignorance.

Be a pro ranked is a mess and I wouldn't be surprised if we see the goalkeepers up front in that mode. If you got a group of friends, then clubs is generally the best mode on fifa as well as the bog standard 1 vs 1.

All they need to this year for clubs is fix defender ratings and make the goalkeepers a bit taller.

Does everyone honestly believe that video is great?

Sure it plays a nice game of football but; where's the excitement?

I don't get it. It plays a nice game of football but that isn't enough? The two people playing it are obviously really shit at the game. Not developers, I wouldn't think. If it plays a good game of football, the excitement will be in the player's hands. It isn't going to be 6-5 every game.

Disciple in wrongness shocker.

Looked lovely, although it's impossible to tell how good it'll be from a short video.

My biggest worry is that passing, and possession retention, looks even easier now. I thought they said they were making passing harder in order to stop these 88% passing stats.

I wonder if they have finally sorted out the online lottery. It really is a pile of shite when the game won't let you pass the ball 2 yards accurately and makes your players act like total mongs, then the next game it'll favour you and let you pull off any pass you want. I am losing game because the game has tossed it's virtual coin and decided in favour of my opponent. EVERYTHING goes against you and it is so fucking frustrating. It just doesn't seem right that they include this in an online game.

You do always wait until you get someone with a three bar connection, right?

It looks like they've got to control the passing a lot more though. If you watch there are very few one touch passes going on, it's all receiving the ball and controlling it before passing it on. The few times you do see a quick pass it either fails or there's clear space for it anyway.

Played FIFA 10 with mate the other weekend. Both on fully manual controls. Was a great evening of matches, with all the mistakes you'd expect in a game of football too. Hope that FIFA 11 has more manual settings as standard :wub:

Disciple in wrongness shocker.

Looked lovely, although it's impossible to tell how good it'll be from a short video.

My biggest worry is that passing, and possession retention, looks even easier now. I thought they said they were making passing harder in order to stop these 88% passing stats.

Good passing. In a Real Madrid vs Arsenal match?

Wonders will never cease.

Wouldn't we like less floaty crosses, proper pinged passes, and a bit less predictability with the AI players?

We should want more, not settle.

You do always wait until you get someone with a three bar connection, right?

Yep, I only play when I have a 3 bar connection. I started only playing matches that I am hosting, in hope of it being a latency issue, no joy.

I've played 5 matches in a row against a friend online and it's a lottery. One game it'll let you do everything you want, in the next it'll put simple passes astray. Nothing at all will go your way. Every loose ball will go to the opponent. It Really feels at times that the game doesn't want you to win. Then in the next game against the same person, using the same connection, you'll have a stormer and everything will go right. Something is definitely going on and it's very very annoying.

I'm into the final on the online world cup, I've put off playing the match in fear of getting robbed by the game, the disc is being snapped in half if it happens in that game.

I should add that I don't mind losing at FIFA. As long as I get beaten fairly. I've learnt a lot in defeats down the years, when I've lost to a better player and not the game that is!!

I've played 5 matches in a row against a friend online and it's a lottery. One game it'll let you do everything you want, in the next it'll put simple passes astray. Nothing at all will go your way. Every loose ball will go to the opponent. It Really feels at times that the game doesn't want you to win. Then in the next game against the same person, using the same connection, you'll have a stormer and everything will go right. Something is definitely going on and it's very very annoying.

Me and my friends notice this in Clubs mode a lot. Some games every single tackle you make ricochets straight to an unmarked opposition forward, every bounce goes to the other team etc. Then other games it's so fucking easy it's untrue. You just zip the ball about without even looking where the pass is going, you have a yard start on every defender...

I suppose there isn't much that can be done for it bar the old Pro Evo on PS2 style of hosting by each player for 1 half, but then that just came down trying to score as many as possible in the playable half of the game and hoping the other player doesn't better it when it's a sloppy slideshow for you.

Good passing. In a Real Madrid vs Arsenal match?

Wonders will never cease.

Wouldn't we like less floaty crosses, proper pinged passes, and a bit less predictability with the AI players?

We should want more, not settle.

A driven cross is a double tap, which neither player does during the match.

No one wants a revolution. We want a solid game.

I can't say I'm convinced by that match. Some of it looks improved, others not. They didn't really attempt enough of the exploits and dodgy things that happen in the game to see any real evidence of improvement. At least the interceptions and tackles that were made looked justified and not because the player decided to give it away. The runs of some the attackers looked odd at times though. There were times when they could have broken in behind the defence and didn't.

in fifa 08 was the best in my opinion, 4 players pick position and 1 any player.

10 vs 10 was just a clusterfuck of twats, but i never played with people from here.. just randoms

probably will be fun to be the keeper on single player though

Playing 10 v 10 BAP with people from here was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had, I imagine it would be pretty tiresome with randoms, but it's great with people who are having a laugh.

A driven cross is a double tap, which neither player does during the match.

No one wants a revolution. We want a solid game.

Can two defenders jump for a clearance yet? Probably not.

The thing is EA did revolutionise the game. FIFA 09/10 are both brilliant.

Yet now it really seems like incremental updates rather than addressing other issues. Blame the World Cup version? Well how did the keepers get more spazzy from 09-10.

Of course well all buy it day 1...

The two people playing it are obviously really shit at the game.

They don't really look that shit to me, we've all played in dry 0-0 or 1-0 games before.

Fifa 10 was to fast and greasy bollucks,looks like it's slower now thank god.Hard to say by looking at 1 offline match but it looks like better build up play and passing. Ya hard to say from 1 pre game like.

It looks EXACTLY like FIFA 10. I was hoping after the brilliant World Cup game they might take some of it on board and brighten up the drabness a bit, make each match seem more important. Has all the development from WC2010 been put into this game? I'd assume so but not sure