IGNORED

FIFA 11

Bleeders

I would really like to see co-op BaP online. Where you can team up with a mate and campaign against the computer. And even co-op manager mode. And versus manager mode :D:(

I know I am late to the thread but would add my support to this. I wanna chill out with a mate and play 2 vs the Ai online but it can't be done - rubbish.

What are people happy to pay for this latest release - £25 tops for me, although I get massive enjoyment from the game I am only buying the latest iteration to keep playing in rllmuk BAP else I would probably stick with 10.

There's an interview with David Rutter after his presentation and he said you can use either Fully Assisted, Semi or Manual controls for the keeper. The keeper will also see a ball trail, so you can judge the trajectory of the ball.

Online Clubs you can have Friendly matches now as well.

I know I am late to the thread but would add my support to this. I wanna chill out with a mate and play 2 vs the Ai online but it can't be done - rubbish.

What are people happy to pay for this latest release - £25 tops for me, although I get massive enjoyment from the game I am only buying the latest iteration to keep playing in rllmuk BAP else I would probably stick with 10.

£40 purely because I always get my monies worth from the game and it helps that it's crammed with lots of content as well.

Aside from the RLLMUK stuff, I still play Online Clubs quite a bit.

It's worth noting that the FIFA BAP league will be starting season 11 soon after the release of FIFA11.

6 teams of 10 (soon to be 11!) competing over 12 weeks of fun and frolics.

Skill isn't a requirement. Everyone gets a game every week.

There are likely to be some spaces that need filling up, so get your name on the waiting list to reserve a spot!

I know this is probably irrelevant, but controlling the goalies in NHL (the ice hockey for any people not familiar with it!) controls were fantastic. I know the nets are smaller etc, but the way the goalie controlled was so logical and fluid. If they use it as some kind of template, i'm sure that the goalies could be implemented quite well.

This. Like i said. If it's done well, it could be great.

There will probably be an influx of people playing keeper no though because they want to try it out :D

I saw a story about the playable keepers on EG this morning but it was deleted the very second I clicked on it :lol:

If it's true, definitely getting this, I've wanted to control keepers in FIFA for about ten years, I'm sure you always could on the MegaDrive

I think its worth it just for the hilarity of seeing people trying to play, flailing in the wrong direction as the ball flies past them, and just knowing it was another person that did that. I HOPE if they do put it in that its not just restricted to BAP.

There's an interview with David Rutter after his presentation and he said you can use either Fully Assisted, Semi or Manual controls for the keeper. The keeper will also see a ball trail, so you can judge the trajectory of the ball.

I read somewhere that no matter what assists you use, the keeper will always go towards the ball trajectory. It all depends on flicking the right stick at the right time.

Can't remember where I read that though.

It's on IGN.

That bit's not a problem. After all, when you swing for a volley as a striker, you don't have to aim your swing, and in a tennis game when you try to hit the ball, you don't have to either. The direction a goalie dives is important in real life, but with practice it also becomes instinctive. Focussing on it for gameplay isn't really necessary, as your positioning, timing and balance are far more important factors.

The missed opportunity, I feel, is that there doesn't appear to be any control for what you do when you reach the ball. As a keeper, you don't always want to attempt the catch, and you don't always want to parry the ball in the same way. Just as the tennis player doesn't just want to get the ball over the net, you want to tailor your action to the situation. Perhaps it's a rasping drive from a powerful striker and you just want to beat it away from the goal, or maybe it's a dinked chip that you want to parry over the bar rather than try to catch it.

Catching should be a risky move, again linked to your balance and timing, rather than just an automatic decision. That way every spill can be your fault rather than a random error you find difficult to cater for.

Here should be shouldn't there? Just get ten people together and get everyone to select 'any' just like in fifa10

in fifa 08 was the best in my opinion, 4 players pick position and 1 any player.

10 vs 10 was just a clusterfuck of twats, but i never played with people from here.. just randoms

probably will be fun to be the keeper on single player though

Pfft, Kreiss, you just lack the ability the position requires. The concentration, agility and fearlessness that makes a good keeper.

I have all those things. Shame I'm only 5'6".

The video's pretty decent, although a shame it repeats a lot of clips. Seems some of my fears weren't founded as there's still plenty to do. I'm looking forward to it, although whether or not I'll go for a full career as a keeper, I'm not yet sure.

I just hope you can drop the ball to your feet and go for a bit of a crazy dribble, or maraud up for a corner even in the 30th minute. I want to score even more improbable long-range screamers for Hereford United in the FA Cup third round at St James' Park. :D

Yeah but randoms would totally ruin that. You'd be 2-1 up in the 3rd minute of extra time only to see your keeper sprinting past you with the ball because his mate's on the other team and they thin it's funny. Should be good playing with like minded individuals though!

Pfft, Kreiss, you just lack the ability the position requires. The concentration, agility and fearlessness that makes a good keeper.

I have all those things. Shame I'm only 5'6".

Reactions and anticipation are also important! ;):coffee:

Indeed they are. Not to mention positioning, balance, reach, intimidation and having long, flowing hair that makes you look a bit weird as you somehow loose the tie, letting it blow into your mouth and you start choking. Although that may have just been me.

You know you're good though when you start getting picked early in kickabout teams just to play in goal. :D

You know you're good though when you start getting picked early in kickabout teams just to play in goal. :D

That would have happened to me, except I was so fit and fast around the pitch I was needed outfield. ;)

I wonder if they have finally sorted out the online lottery. It really is a pile of shite when the game won't let you pass the ball 2 yards accurately and makes your players act like total mongs, then the next game it'll favour you and let you pull off any pass you want. I am losing game because the game has tossed it's virtual coin and decided in favour of my opponent. EVERYTHING goes against you and it is so fucking frustrating. It just doesn't seem right that they include this in an online game.

Do you think there'll be any Russian action this year?

The Russian Premier League logo is on any of the videos that display them. I'm not sure if it's been officially confirmed, and the league was only in the previous gen versions of FIFA 10, but it's reason for hope if anything.