FIFA 11

Bleeders

I installed it to get rid of the constant reading of the game disc. A few issues online with lag but generally its fine. My issue is the predetermined nature of some matches

Ah, cheers, didn't know there was an option to install!

Complete nutjob talk I reckon. Why would this happen? Makes no sense. It's not a conspiracy its a football game.

Indeed.

There is an issue, which was more prevalent in FIFA 10 than this one, whereby when teams get off to a good start they get the rub of the green more often, presumably simulating the effects of form and confidence but being far too strong, and a lot of people have mistakenly confused this with predetermined outcomes.

Oh man, I'm really loving Ultimate Team this year. The tournaments especially. Building a team whilst fighting EA's want for you to spend money makes it all the more fun when you get it right.

Just finished the bronze tournament. Took a couple of days to find anyone to play in the final, but finally stepped up against "The Destroyers". Get off to a good start with two quick goals and already the signs of him losing it are there. Taking ages to kick off etc.

Then when the third went in the pauses began etc. He then sends me the following message:

post-1053-017659600 1294577101_thumb.jpg

So he's complaining about the fact I'm passing across the goal for tap-ins due to the awfulness of the Bronze players. So I respond first with a lovely headed goal and then secondly with this. (Click). This is from a 62 rated midfielder. Brilliant.

That goes in and he starts leaving the maximum time for every kick, getting players sent off etc. One of the best things about UT is how brutal it is on your for quitting. So I can tell he's hating every second. Then on 80 minutes it all gets a bit much and he quits anyway. Poor guy. I sent him a nice message though.

UT is full of people who've spent loads putting a team together without learning to play the game. I've said it to a few people this season; having a weaker team teaches you to play the game properly.

Yeah, I put together a pretty good bronze MLS team a while back and had a lot of fun with it. Taking on gold squads and winning most of the time. There really are a lot of people that just don't know how to play the game. I'd say the vast majority of people playing this basically have two attacking plays that they just rinse and rotate: the chipped through-ball and running it to the byline for a cross. I've come across very few people that know how to run the play in midfield, or are capable of pulling your players out of position with patient build up play. It's great because I'm winning so much but also a bit shit.

Complete nutjob talk I reckon. Why would this happen? Makes no sense. It's not a conspiracy its a football game.

I too think there is some kind of issue with one team being given some help in games. I've had games where I have had up to thirty shots, at least half on target, not scored even once and then the other side have has one or two attempts and won. Keepers also have sudden episodes of invincibility, too. Obviously some people will argue that this is just 'more realistic', or something, but it's frustrating and should not happen.

Well it'd be almost impossible for them to balance otherwise. The games where you let in a goal against the run of play can be heartbreaking but they're certainly rarer than they were in 10 and I'd say most of the time the better performance wins.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't pld a ranked game in ages so stuck it on last night and wish I hadn't bothered. First game was getting really good and the EA servers dumped me out of the game,my net connection never went off! Then second game it showed green bar and then went unplayable after 20mins against an italian guy. Was afraid to play a third game.

This game is DOG. Finally decided that after months of disconnects and freezing using a home hub on wifi I would invest in an ethernet cable. Not as many DC but the game still freezes a few times a match, even with no firewall on. I had no issues what so ever on Fifa 10 on wifi :S

Having really disliked the changes intially, and felt it was too real and clumsy compared to 10, I am really loving the new tempo and more precise passing. It has made me a better player. And made smooth passing moves all the more satasfying.

• 3 weeks later...

The forum XBOX360 FIFA11 10v10 league is nearing it's 12 season, and there are up to 3 spaces to be filled!

6 teams battle it out over an 11 week season.

It's every Thursday night from 10ish and two matches are played each week (usually ending around 11.15ish).

There is plenty of info in the league folder and on the league website.

All skill ranges catered for. Even odd things happen, like Timmo being not totally rubbish.

APPLY NOW!

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got into FIFA 11, with another bash at it. Weirdly playing at lower leagues is more fun. The "better" teams are just dull to play against.

I've now downloaded the latest Ultimate Team for 11, and I've got a question. How do I set up multiple squads in this one? I've only got one squad and I need to switch players between them and the club - surely you can add more than one squad/team?

I finally got into FIFA 11, with another bash at it. Weirdly playing at lower leagues is more fun. The "better" teams are just dull to play against.

I've now downloaded the latest Ultimate Team for 11, and I've got a question. How do I set up multiple squads in this one? I've only got one squad and I need to switch players between them and the club - surely you can add more than one squad/team?

Yeah... Press Y or some shit to switch squads on your team screen.

This game is winding me up no end. Been playing for 2 weeks now. It just feels so much more sluggish than 10. Almost as if on purpose just to make it feel different enough. The reaction time of the players is poor. I get a weird thing on the arena where the background turns dark when just before kick off. And online the ranked game search is failing to find anyone at all which means you end up playing a lobby game against someone much better, or much worse. At least the online for 10 is still thriving.